The Art of War: The Landing....

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The sky was grey. I held my gun tightly.
My name is Vinh. Vinh Pham. i am twenty years old, and was conscripted into the US Armed Forces to fight in the new war. World War III. I do not want to fight in a war that means nothing. But I was forced to. FOr my leader, Geroge W. Bush. He is a crazed dictator. I have not seen him......now.....

The wind was blowing strongly. My landing craft was due at our landing spot in 5 minutes later. They say it was heavily defended.....they say that no-one has made it ont the beach alive. Those rumors....if they are true, then I am dead for sure. If not....there is an uncertain future.

I gripped my rifle tightly with both hands. I was standing next to Ting Mei. He is a good friend for about fifteen years. He's pretty funny in a way. I envied him. He was not as smart as me, and he had many more friends than me.

But now most of his friends are dead. Dead in a war that should've never existed.

Ting turned to me.
"Vinh....we're nearly there." he was holding his rifle with his left hand. His other hand was shaking slightly.
I nodded. I checked my rifle. There was nothing wrong with it. I smiled slightly. Artillery fire could be heard now. Ting looked pale at this point now. He was muttering something in Chinese. I guessed that he was praying to God.

"We're here!" shouted our superior over the sound of heavy gunfire. The machine Guns mingled with the artillery at this point. The craft stopped suddenly. The bullets richochet of the metal, making a huge amount of noise. I looked around, and saw many men looking like the life had just been sucked out of their bodies. I looked towards the front.

The gate lowered. As it stopped, five of the men in front of me were filled with lead of the machine guns above our position. I had to jump over their body as I rushed towards the barricade.

They were right. I looked around my position, and saw many, many dead bodies. Most were bullet ridden. A few were hit by artillery, its shrapnel slicing the men in half. Blood still flowed from the dead.