That thing is huge

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
since there is a mothership for the protoss there is probably one for terran and maybe zerg as well. so my question is if you were to design a mothership sort of thing for each race, what would it be?

what i would add for the terran capital ship, it must have self repair abilities. not a lot maybe make it a special like basically what 1 scv can repair but twice as long.
I.E if it should take 1 scv 10 seconds to fix it up it takes the mothership 20 seconds to repair itself. it might be a special and maybe drain resources.

another thing it can do is hold and repair wraiths or whatever new air unit they have. it would almost be a armored shuttle but can only carry 4-8 small to medium air units so no battle cruisers.
of course a blackhole would really suck if it appeared below it.

zerg i would guess it would be able to send plague and such over a very large radius. cause disease and such to the enemy. it should probably be able to consume another ling or something like that. maybe a special would be an ground unit under it would be killed (terrans being abducted :p )

i'm just messing around, what are your ideas for a nice capital/ flesh eating monster?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I always wanted a large capital ship :(. also it would make space scums look cooler.

zerg, im not sure what they would have its kind of hard since they dont have a capital type thing. all i can think of is a massive air swarm thing

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they said that the other races won't be recieving a mothership type unit. I personaly hate the idea for zerg, since it really goes against the core of the Zerg races of large number of units instead of one powerful unit.

Terran I would like to see maybe a unit that tops the Battlecruiser. I always figured Terrans would have unique and a wide variety of infantry, mechanized and heavy air units.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
A Zerg super-weapon would be even faster Zergling creation. Or a Zerg teleportation device. Oh, wait, they already have that.

The idea of a Zerg super-weapon would be if Overlords could produce Zerglings and drop them.*

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Something nice for zerg could be something more along the lines of another infested unit, such as maybe an infested medic perhaps? Use a queen to infest a barracks possibly.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Something nice for zerg could be something more along the lines of another infested unit, such as maybe an infested medic perhaps? Use a queen to infest a barracks possibly.
Oh I like that one! I would like the Zerg to have the Queen and make it so she can infest all Terran and Protoss buildings. The only downside, you don't get SCV/Probes by infesting a CC/Nexus.

Think about it, IF SC2 still has the DarkArchon(or something with Mind Control), shouldn't the Zerg (and even the Terrans) have something similar?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
no because when you make every race have the same ability (ie a mind control ability) you are removing the uniqueness of the protoess weapons AND the dark Archon.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The idea of a Zerg super-weapon would be something like like Stim Packed Zerglings or something. Or some unit that can take a unit and then clone it after a short amount of time, but this unit takes a very long time to construct making it only a long term option. Or perhaps they will just make Plague stronger.*

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I really like the idea of more varied Infestation options. Nothing so drastic as to have the Zerg have an Infested version of every single Terran and Protoss unit, but something to make their very nature come out a little more. Even if it was only integrated to add an Infested Protoss unit, it'd make me happy.

I think an Infested Protoss could be pretty cool as a sort of modified Zealot, loses its Psiblades but uses biological ones to tear into the enemy, keeping the Charge ability. It'd make it kinda like an advanced Zergling that didn't spawn two-at-a-time, was a bit tougher, and appeared much later in the game...and it would have the novelty of Infested Protoss...

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Zerg just needs to evolve more and more during a game depending on what units they kill?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Ultralisk...with infested terran powers....ultralisks that blow up.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actually an ultra that can attack and when it dies blow up would be awesome.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
They'd be like infested terrans...except useful.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
The acidic zerg (like hydras) can hurt other units on death by some sort of corrosive acid?

Just a thought.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Why not just add all zerg have the ability to blow up. Hell why even give them any units, just let them only build a unit which explodes all the time. Yeah that makes much more sense and I'm sure it iwll be unique and fun to play.