Terran Statagy

RAve_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
can u tell me about the best terran strategy on both rush and long term.

Please :fwink

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Use the marine and medic rush......

and for long battles just use the BC:D

Davorak

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I haven't played in a while, but.... this is what I used when I played

Longer games - Defense - Build a couple of supply depots in front of some bunkers. When the enemy attacks they have to bust down the supply depots. Meanwhile your marines in the bunkers can just take potshots at them. Don't forget to had some missile turret and two or three tanks. That should be really great for defense.

Offense - I used to use air exclusively. After building the necessary structures build about half a dozen starports. After you collect enough resources just start building battlecruisers. If you build them all at the same time, its easier because when they are done you have an instant army (or more technically air force). Build another half dozen battlecruisers and you have a real strong force. Hotkey those and send them off to battle (By now in the game someone will be attacking someone). Keep making bc's until you can't anymore.

This strategy probably works best against computers (I never was much for playing against acual people). This was a real quick guide, ff you have any questions drop me a line on AIM. My name is ZeroandBlind. I still have SC on my comp if you need any more help.

Davorak

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh wow... Forgot about rush...

Pretty much the same concept as the longer version except, obviously, don't build defense. And instead of starports, build barracks and marines. The flamethrower guys (I forget the name, again its been a really long time) are good in close quarter combat. I found that medics are a waste of time when rushing because you can create more guys faster than the medics can save them. That's just my opinion.

End Of All

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rush...rines,bats,meds...

long term.....that depends on what your enemy has and what you like, for me....i use goliaths and wraiths, works best for me...but thats just me:cool:

K

KurtSnapper

short term... build bunkers in opponents base or fast dropping
long term... bunch tanks+bunch goliath+bunch turrets+bunch spider mines

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
there is no accutually a best terren stratigy its differnt for differnt players.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, spider mine rushes own toss. That is, if he isn't prepared for it.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Keep in mind that toss goes for obs early and probably knows what you're doing every step of the way.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rush M&M nad bats
long term get gols tanks and a few other units tanks would fk up the ground units while the gols would take care of the air and sci vessals would give detection or make a comsat

SumacWarrior

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
vulture drop on minerals work great in any game... 20 conxcussive damage, which means full to workers. Take some with imines to eliminate some reinforcements and u have taken out thier economy. Then drop again or attck... ANYTHING to get their focus off building more workers... I lost many games cause a little drop like this f*cked up my economy, and I was to busy trying to kill harassing units when all of a sudden 'the finger of god' , bcs and wraiths, or hydras and mutas come at me...

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uh...don't forget about the magic units! lockdown, dmatrix, irradiate, emp, those all work great in supporting your tanks and bcs and whatever else you might have.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tvp: spidermines + tank push.Pressure,pressure,pressure.
tvt: Bcs and tanks. No getting around BCs late game.(the only matchup you should go BCs)
tvz: M&Ms, tanks, irradiate

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what are you talking about..mid game, lockdown works great for getting tanks and reavers out of the way..sci vessels are a must in any good tank push, and defilers + plauge, queens and broodling? come on, you're seriously overlooking a lot of the best support units in the game.