Terran rush strategies

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I usually have the most trouble rushing in the game. I have no idea what to do for an early rush and for a strong rush i need advice what i should build. I also need good build orders. mine usually consists of

8. make supply depot
9. barracks
10. barracks
11. refinery
12.refinery
13.barracks
14.barracks

then i either keep making barracks and pumping out marines or i tech up to siege tanks and make factories making siege tanks and barracks making marines.

I desperately need help
please help

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Try the spider mine rush coupled with the tank push.(strictly tvp)
Sorry I have no exact build order for this, but it works.

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ill try this but how would it be possible to get these before he zealot rushes. he (if he is anywhere near good) would be producing mass zealots and draggons and i would get owned. I will try this and post u if this works.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As for the zealot rush, try bunkers with bats. Placing supply depots in front of your bunkers, making it hard for him to get to your bunkers. Try what I said before. The moment he sees vultures, he won't rush you with zealots and will go for observers.
If he's going straight goons, then go M&Ms. If zeals are added, then add bats to that.

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the vulture and tank strategy works pretty good i kell all his rushes but i just get killed when i try to attack him. Like i have said before i am no good at offense. If u have any strategies not building strategies but attack strategies that would be great

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whats a good strategy against zerg. I just tryed mass marines and he kept killing all my scvs by running through and then he had to lurkers so i just quit. build orders help alot.i can beat newbs really easy but the other guys have fast build orders that i cant beat.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Continue working on your offense. You can only improve. Just practice more with the spider mine rush/tank push.(again strictly tvp) In tvz, You go m&m, tanks, science vessels for irradiate(the bane of all zerg units).

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i found a really good strategy that made me win twice on tvp since usually they go for zealot rush and mass photon cannons i built up my defense so which consisted bunkers blocking the entrance to my base with tank support behind. while they wer defending i massed wraiths and siege tanks to take care of the cannons. I quickly and efficiently destroyed the defense and and killed all of his units and structures. In the end my opponent said i was the best he has ever faced.lol

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i tryed this again and i just got creamed because he had mass zealots, dragoons, and a few dark templar. I would think the best counter would be firebats, marines , siege tanks,and science vessels . then convert to air later. my battlenet west user name is sidvicious1 and tiggymofo. i mainly use sidvicious because once i get good i will use tiggymofo the cool smooth name.
smooooooth....................

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how about, be flexible. the best players can switch strategies really quickly, if you've played koreans. i was zerg once and i saw the guy going for reavers, so i got mutas to shoot down the shuttle...but then he went temps when he saw the reavers. and man, mutas cost a lot...and they're weak..but anyway. the point is, be flexible! don't be so reliant on one strategy that you're totally screwed if the guy throws a curveball at you.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
against the protoss? He must've went straight zeals.

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
I think i have post somewhere about using more than one strat against some retard. Anyways, yeah.. you gotta switch strats. If you went zealots and that failed, you don't just go for zealots again, you get other units you think that can be helpful.

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by CuteGuyNo.1
ugh sometimes sticking to one strat means winning
i have won many games by just using vultures =\
thats stupid what if he went air? no defense u should switch strategies.if u do stick to one strategy make it a combination like goliaths and siege tanks.