Terran complete owns zerg??how to defend??

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
map is LT, ur zerg, opponent is terran...he contains u early in with bunkers, turrets, and marines outside of ur main expo...Siege tanks are coming, and eventually vessels...

mutas won't help, since marine in bunker just owns it...lurks won't either cause of siege tanks and missle turret detection, or scanner....lings and hydras won't be able to get through...

Also, the terran can build missle turrets all around your base, below the cliff, so drops are out of the question as well...

So what do u do when u only have 1 base???u can't tech up to defilers or guardians with 1 base without having a devestaded economy, while the terran probably expanded everywhere and has a biger force than u do...

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't let him contain you in the first place. If he does, and you have only one or two bases, get guardians or defilers anyway...
Maybe even Spawn Broodling works, kill tanks and medics, overwhelm with zerglins and hydras...

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
zerg are hopeless but one thing good is their hacheries are cheaper. You have no excuse for not expanding as zerg. Burrowed lings own tanks. I use sunkans and burrow lings right outside creep. when tanks come, they almost always park right where lings lie. up pop lings and tanks are dead.

IF you are playing LT you gotta expand. If you are playing a real game ie no rush, you gotta harass the terran! If a terran is expanding he is getting money faster than you. That means he gots minerals to spend on terrents everywhere.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well lings kill siege tanks as long as you have enough. One blast takes out a god chunk but once they get up to Sieged siege tanks its olny a matter of seconds before they fall. Unless they have marines to defend them in bunker. If your enclosed by terran. it shouldnt of happened in the first place but it does every once and awhile. i guess make alot colonies. and use defilers and queens to their fullest.

HydraGyro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HAHA what about gaurdiieans? long range will own all turrets and bunkers, and also get some mutas or something... use the same strategy as the siegetanks/goliath combo but in the air...

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
then the wraiths/valks turn up and pwn away your gay-ass-flying-units...damn zergs...

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mutas>wraiths and scourge>valks. Zerg has the best air in the game. Devourer/muta/scourge will beat any air combo for cost.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
For once, i agree with you Phoenix:cool:

Don't let him contain you. try to rush him with zerglings to prevent it from happening. if that happens......well.....let the queens take care of the tanks, scourges for wraiths/vessels ( 1 eggs= 1 scourge, they're cheap too) as for the bunkers, well......mass hydras or somethin!

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I tell it like it is so I could care less whether YOU agree with me on any issue.

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Originally posted by Arwhy
Hmn.. I always thought Protoss had the best air. Soo.. Could you tell me how to use Zerg air against Protoss?
Devourer's acid can slow down enemies attack rate(corsair with acid does 5 damage every sec. which is quite slow), decreases armor and hp, also it splashes, mutas assist devourers into taking out the vulnerable units quickly, enough scourges owns carriers, gaurdians can't attack air but great for bombarding enemy ground from a distance, and queens are a good spellcaster(able to scout, ensnare faster toss air, etc).

~Ubuu

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man..do u all play money map or sth?? u can't just mass units when u have 2 base MAX... itz hard to even get guardians and defilers...even so, by that time...terran has vessels..and ur totally dommed anyways (irradiate + defense matrix on marines own guardians and emp just wastes queen and defilers)...I really think terran is underated by many ppl...u have no idea how much 3 bunkers filled with rines /w medic on standbay and 3 or 4 tanks behind it can stop...itz not ez to break through it

btw, when i said contain.. i meant between ur natural expo and ur mineral only expo....so it is hard to spot.... usually zerg just camp at their expo...thinking their not contained...but when they move their forces out...BOOM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
mutas>wraiths and scourge>valks. Zerg has the best air in the game. Devourer/muta/scourge will beat any air combo for cost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why the hell would terran go air against zerg?valks and vessels i can understand...btw...valks own devos and mutas...and terran has best air...stop vessel, BC, and valkyrie combo with air... stasis doesn't work cause of EMP, carriers won't work cause of yamato and the speedy valks, Mutas against BC is suicide, same with devos and scrouge

does anyone here actually play terran???

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Originally posted by Tiger_shark
man..do u all play money map or sth??
There are plenty of non-money maps included besides LT. LT(IMO) seems to have less resources compared to other blizzard maps.

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix2003

why the hell would terran go air against zerg?valks and vessels i can understand...btw...valks own devos and mutas...and terran has best air...stop vessel, BC, and valkyrie combo with air... stasis doesn't work cause of EMP, carriers won't work cause of yamato and the speedy valks, Mutas against BC is suicide
Valks does crap when it gets acid spores, although it owns mutas, you'll need alot of them to take down devourers(assuming they are upgraded). And about terran being the best air, stasis half the army with an arbiter while the other half gets massecred(sp) by toss air. The rest, i agree with you.

same with devos and scrouge
Gee, look who is talking about playing money maps. You'll need enough bcs to stop the distracting devourers and the incoming scourges. Valks won't do anything to prevent the scourges from attacking you, since valks have a 1 second cool-down, giving a chance for the scourges to strike. Even worse when valks get acid spores.

does anyone here actually play terran???
You'll be suprised how many people here plays terran.

~Ubuu

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
Terrans pwn IMHO :p
Zerg suck IMHO :p
Protoss...well...they're the coolest IMHO :p

and enough scourges can probably take out anything...does arb-statis work on non mechanical units?!? didnt know that :confused:

CerebralChain

Reaction score
Well, it's basicly impossible to get Guardians or anything like that, before he attacks you, so Lurkers would be your best shot. Make about 12+ Lurkers, storm the Bunkers, and if you don't do something incledibly stupid, you'll slay the M&Ms, Tanks, Bunkers and Turrets. If that doesn't work, you're pretty much dead... :/

This has worked for me a lot of times. And sometimes it fails miserably.

slimey:slime

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
get an exp after first OL or before first OL
sunk x 3
this will let u build some drones for a time
then lair: half complete get hydra den, upgrade to lurks
lurk ling lurk ling
few more sunks
get transport and speed, put some lings/hydras on your cliff
now he will be pushing you
RUN IN WITH ALL UR OL's AND LINGS AND LURKS
it will be so much and he wont target the lurks individually
SLAY EM!!!!!

two ol's have transported one drone each to island exps

now u build more lurks and hydras and place them around the map
he will come out with his main army
attack with hydras in front and lurks from behind/from the side WHEN THE TANKS ARE MOVING
this will be a complete massacre if u have the numbers

finish up with carapaced ultralisks and dark swarm

this is for me...basic ZvT on LT
if u have enough resources, get a spire and scourge those science vessels!
best way is to move in 1-4 ol's (depending on ur economy and pop) to distract rines when the scourges move in...never use more then three for one vessel (one might get killed)

ALT #2
works well for variation

--3 hatch ling into hydralurk--
12 check 2nd hatch, 11 pool, 2 drones, gas, 3rd hatch, put three drones on gas until u get 100 for SPEED, after that only ONE drone on gas, get speed before u get any lings, get some more drones and ol's as necessary, then pump lings and surprise the initial marine w/o medic rush - if M/M dont waste ur lings
ur speedlings will own, especially if u flank
the enthusiast may want to burrow in front of his cliff
go gas, exp, get alot of drones in order to keep up production from now 4 hatch and go hydra/lurk + 3evo's + transport/speed
this strategy might completely overwhelm the terran if he is not very good

EXTRA

quikk lurk build with lurker hold

extractor trick
OL
gas
1 drone
pool
2 drones
wait til pool
lair
3 eggs o' lings (block ramp...if no comsat, we dont want him to know what u are about to do!!)
1 OL
lair halfcomplete get hydra den
get lurker aspect
2 drones
4-5 hydras
LURK'em

burrow 'em infront of terran base or in front of your base
select them and shift select OL, then press hold
now pay attention to ur lurks while ur macro'ing (building hydras)
when marines approach, ur lurks wont attack
instead, when all marines and perhaps tank are moving over ur lurks, use the "attack" command
this will own em, none will survive
keep hydra/lurking and exp soon
u dont have many drones on this one, so be very careful not to waste ur lurks.

thats all for now
bye, and happy hunting! :shoot