Take WoW, and put it on D2...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Spec it out.

Take the char customization of WoW, add ALOT more, and throw it onto D2. That solves the problem of everyone looking the same.

Take the talent system of WoW, spec it up a bit different, to where it's evened out with the skills, and throw it onto D2. That solves the problem of everyone being a (back in the day) Frozen Orbtress, with as much +skills as possible

Take the massiveness of WoW, shrink it down a bit, to where it's a big open and involved land, where you CAN walk from "act" to 'act" if you so choose, or you can take Waypoints, and throw it onto D2. That solves the problem of people bitching about the game was too short/unrealistic.

-- And finally --

Take the crafting of WoW, or any good MMO for that matter, tweak it a bit to where it would fit nicely into the "mentality" of the average d2 player. That would solve the "7pskulls f1 SOJ /m *account with details!"

(Again, all my refrences are from oldshcool. Back when d2 was fun.)

What you think?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I like the idea. It would be a mroe RPG-ish version of Word of Diablo, if they ever made one. This way, ti satisfies most people since it;s basically a bigge,r better version of Diablo II. With more of everything but with a great leap in everything to the point where it seems completely new.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yes .

LocalBoyZ

Member!
Reaction score
Grieving Mendacity said:
Spec it out.

Take the char customization of WoW, add ALOT more, and throw it onto D2. That solves the problem of everyone looking the same.

Take the talent system of WoW, spec it up a bit different, to where it's evened out with the skills, and throw it onto D2. That solves the problem of everyone being a (back in the day) Frozen Orbtress, with as much +skills as possible

Take the massiveness of WoW, shrink it down a bit, to where it's a big open and involved land, where you CAN walk from "act" to 'act" if you so choose, or you can take Waypoints, and throw it onto D2. That solves the problem of people bitching about the game was too short/unrealistic.

-- And finally --

Take the crafting of WoW, or any good MMO for that matter, tweak it a bit to where it would fit nicely into the "mentality" of the average d2 player. That would solve the "7pskulls f1 SOJ /m *account with details!"

(Again, all my refrences are from oldshcool. Back when d2 was fun.)

What you think?
I like everything accept the part about the talents and skills. I think they should leave teh talents to WoW. And stick with the skills in D2 accept make about twice as many. Add 3 more trees per char with all new skills. The talents in WoW make such a small difference in the overall performance of yoru char, I can't stand it. 1 percent mroe chance to dodge, 1 percent more chance to parry. That's pretty weak compared to diablo's 250% you gain off most skills at lvl 1.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
They could set the values of 1 to be something of a greater % overall as a modifier. That means that 1 more % to dodge would be a lot more % then you can actually see on the item. It would make that 1 more % worth a lot more then you imagined it to be. That way, it would balance itself out rather then be underbalanced or imbalanced. :)

Reaction score
True, but the whole idea of the WOW and diablo 2... im thinking more like the morrowind style, of making your own char and choosing the face and race and all of that with the stat thing of diablo 2... that would be quite interesting... would it not???

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Because there arn't any different races is D2. You're always human.

L

Laharl

Souless, this idea is in many ways similar to the one I came up with. Yet you aren't opposed to it when YOU say it...

... twit ...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No, it's really not. And lets keep the flaming to Asylum :rolleyes