Status
Not open for further replies.

fenix_reborn

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Clever building formations

Here is where to post your best defensive or efficient building formations. I have included a link to a site where you can obtain graphics of the SC buildings and copy/paste them into Paintbrush and arrange them in the formation, then post them for us. Because of the large number (I hope) of these pictures, please don't use the tags. Just post the pic, along with a description of how and why you use it.

Even though it's a double post, I'll start things off with one of mine.

Here's the site to go to in order to get the pics for the buildings:
[URL=http://www.evula.com/starcraft/]Building pic species index[/URL]

fenix_reborn

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here's one I used in the last Terran broodwar level, where that pesky Torasque keeps coming back. This is a sure way to demolish it before it can hurt you.

Keep a few SCVs on the outside in order to repair the depots as they get damaged. This strat is great against any melee unit charge, especially the big units. Pepper the inside with siege tanks and make it reaver-proof. Keep some turrets about to keep it lurker-proof. Use goliaths inside the perimeter to ward off guardians. Overall, it ends up being expensive to build, but not to maintain. Once it's built, it's a lot cheaper to repair depots than to build everything all over again, if you even survive.

Best of all, the basic formation can be built relatively quickly, and almost immediately on starting the game. You don't even need gas! With this built, your base should be pretty secure, and leaves you free to direct your attention towards other matters, such as mining, force construction, and other stuff. As the game wears on, use upgrades and extra units to refine your base into an inpenetrable fortress.

Good against: Zealots, zerglings, dragoons, reavers, archons, high templar, scouts, arbiters, carriers, scourge, wraiths, valkyries, battlecruisers, science vessels, defilers, queens, hydralisks, ultralisks, mutalisks, devourers, corsairs, guardians, dark templar, dark archons, infested terrans, marines, firebats, ghosts, vultures, goliaths, and many combos of the above.

Especially good against: Zealots, zerglings, firebats, archons, ultralisks, mutalisks, scouts, scourge, dark templar, devourers, infested terrans, and valkyries.

Bad against: Massive waves of guardians, reavers, siege tanks, and Nukes.

4ero

Member!
Reaction score
that would take a while to build wouldnt the ultralisk attack before then

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That'd take forever to build, and you have way too many Bunkers. Marines suck versing Torrasque. He's and Ultralisk with about 5 or so armor to begin with. Marines wont do jack, so i don't see the need for that many Bunkers.
It'd take forever to set up, i just use Danimoth to cloak all my Reavers that are just waiting to own Torrasque...:D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Man, that's in the other campaign.

He's talking about the last mission of Brood War Terran campaign. You got no arbiter there.

But a couple of tanks, like 24 or so, first sieged, then unsieged (due to splash damage) will do the job easily.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Once again, i have made a fool of myself...ah well :(

And Tronga, using so many Tanks and having to Siege and Unsiege would be painfully annoying to do. Wouldn't you agree? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.