SUPERPLAYER CRAZY APM

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys, I think it is time a real Warcraft disscusion.
So, I saw some replays, featuring the best players on this planet. So I want to ask u guys how these guys manage to have SO MANY ACTIONS PER MINUTE?
I mean I saw them fighting from the first minute until the last, and I do the same and all good players fight all the game.
These guys are incredibile, no matter how much I fight and micro I can't have more than 150 APM and those guys have something like 250-290 even 300 APM.

Also if somebody knows, wich is the strategy or the way to improve the APM, please state it.

Thanx

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Its all about subgroups in my opinion and analyzing battle every second to turn it towards your favor. Its hard to micro in deadlock, and also depends on the style of gameplay one does.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
100 APM is enough to do good in game...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As I said, 300 aPM comes from amount of heroes you control and how much down to the wire you are at controlling units.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
and as I said, youd ont need 300 apm to do all goods in wc.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
how do you find out your apm

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
and as I said, youd ont need 300 apm to do all goods in wc.
Yes, but I never saw a 300 APM player to be defeated by a 100 APM one.
About my question, how do you think, we can improve our APM?

Dream_Walker said:
how do you find out your apm
By opening the replay with a program called wcchart, someone from this forum refered it to me months ago on one of my first threads.
I think it is still available here

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Yes, but I never saw a 300 APM player to be defeated by a 100 APM one.
About my question, how do you think, we can improve our APM?

By opening the replay with a program called wcchart, someone from this forum refered it to me months ago on one of my first threads.
I think it is still available here
You want to improve your apm?

- Click alot
- Get faster reaction time (i.e. mental reflexes)

have fun.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
100= OK average
150+=good

Anyhting about 200 and up is usualy spammed at the start, but neverthless they are still good. Even if u spam at the start, if u have a shit APM, your going to bring yourself down anyways. If you can maintain a constant APM (like spamming helps to do) you should get a more acurate portrayle of an overall APM.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you'd like, I can show you replay where I beat an Undead capable of going 280 apm, (old version, just see apm) when I had about 100 at that very moment.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
You want to improve your apm?

- Click alot
- Get faster reaction time (i.e. mental reflexes)

have fun.

I don't want to click alot for no reason. I think the secret is to perfect the way I control my units, and my micro, like Hellwolf said very well "down to the wire".

About faster reaction time, I think u are right, but this is a strategy game and faster reaction time means alot of strategies known, alot of real experience, so that the way to counter the opponent strategy to come faster.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
So really it depends on situational, how close to the wire (like battles that determine the victor), the player themselves, and such.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
I don't want to click alot for no reason. I think the secret is to perfect the way I control my units, and my micro, like Hellwolf said very well "down to the wire".

About faster reaction time, I think u are right, but this is a strategy game and faster reaction time means alot of strategies known, alot of real experience, so that the way to counter the opponent strategy to come faster.
click alot, thats how gosus get their apms up.

TheoStormhawk said:
It is not only how fast u click a buton man, you should know this.
I have some replays of some guys that click alot (Insomnia, Spirit moon, and some old ones from Madfrog) maybe they are noobs also, I think u can teach them a lesson.
You had to open a new thread just to say that people ho watch their apm are idiots.

No offense, but maybe u could give some real reasons to support your opinion.
and holy shit, you've proven my point in the other thread too!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
and holy shit, you've proven my point in the other thread too!

I said that these guys click much because they MICROCONTROL their units, down to the wire, an they do it on the spot (they are profesionals), super fast strategic reaction time.
It was adressed to IceDevil, because I understood from the post that opened his thread that all the players ho have high apm are impostors and they do it just to seem that they are good.This is why I mentioned those names.
Even at superplayer level, usually the one that wins has the highest rate of apm.I never saw a guy that had high apm and didn't know well the strategies of this game.
I think Pan said very well
Pan said:
an APM is usualy a deciding factor in a match between two balanced armies and good palyers

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
I said that these guys click much because they MICROCONTROL their units, down to the wire, an they do it on the spot (they are profesionals), super fast strategic reaction time.
It was adressed to IceDevil, because I understood from the post that opened his thread that all the players ho have high apm are impostors and they do it just to seem that they are good.This is why I mentioned those names.
Even at superplayer level, usually the one that wins has the highest rate of apm.I never saw a guy that had high apm and didn't know well the strategies of this game.
I think Pan said very well
and Im saying to get high apm in wc, just spam clicks, when you can press right lcck once for moving, press 5 times, because unlike sc, you dont have to do whole lot clicking.

e.g. when you have bunch of casters to use spells on one unit, in wc you just click and cast, then only one caster casts it. In sc, you have to click each one, etce tc.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Pan said:
If your still clickign the buttons with the mouse, ur screwed.
Thus hotkeying your factories was born :).

L

Laharl

My apm is on average 150-200 so according to a post made earlier I'm "good". Pity I can't play rtc games to save my life.