StarCraft delay will not affect other titles!!

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
[blockquote]Morhaime: Our vision for Battlenet is ambitious. As I have said before, we intend to make Battlenet the premiere online gaming destination. We view the next generation of Battlenet as strategically important to the future of our company. It’s the foundation for all future online games at Blizzard and will be the cornerstone of our community.

In addition to supporting tournaments, rankings, and multi-player game matching for Starcraft 2 and future Blizzard games, the next generation of Battlenet will add social networking features, cross-game communication, unified login and account management, and more. Battlenet will bring together players from across all of our games including World of Warcraft, eventually allowing them to connect, communicate, and share experiences with each other through the service regardless of which Blizzard game.

The new version of Battlenet is being integrated with Starcraft 2 more tightly than in any previous Blizzard game. Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battlenet for the launch of Starcraft 2. This means, as Bobby mentioned, that we will not be ready to launch Starcraft 2 in 2009. We recognize that we only get one chance to make a first impression. It’s much easier to retain a player that has a great initial experience than to bring them back after a mediocre one.

While we could rush into beta and launch an inferior game and service experience this year, fixing that experience over time, our track record has proven that there is a far greater value for us and for our players in making sure that the experience is great right from the start.
[/blockquote]

As it relates to shifting Starcraft into 2010, does that mean that we will get two key Blizzard releases next year?
[blockquote]Morhaime: While we have not announced the release dates of any of the titles, I will confirm that the move of Starcraft into 2010 does not affect the release schedules of any of our other games.[/blockquote]

I just want to clarify on the issue of Starcraft not having any impact for Diablo timing for next year. You’ve said that there would be one major release from Blizzard coming out every year. Does that imply that we will have two major releases coming out for Blizzard next year?
[blockquote]Morhaime: I would just like to reiterate that we haven’t announced any release dates on any future titles. And I will also reiterate that the move of Starcraft into next year does not impact the schedule and so it would be correct to conclude that you could expect two releases of Blizzard next year but I would not make any conclusion on what those titles are going to be. [/blockquote]