Starcraft 2 Terrain

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if this has already been brought up or not, but oH well.

If Starcraft 2 remains in the same format as Starcraft (ie, birds eye perspective, same mode of gameplay), what would be some good ideas for new terrain?

I think that their should be a form of terrain for the Xel-Naga homeworld.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Perhaps underground terrain, caves like.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe a cave or some kind of matrix kinda world. or maybe a zerg base terrain, like with all the purple stuff and wierd juiced up walls and like egg doodads.

Magikarp

Reaction score
How about the burning Zerg homeworld? It wasnt destroyed right?

Or maybe.. the original homeworld of the Xel'naga o_O!

Magikarp

Reaction score
The underwater idea would be pretty cool, but it would have to be more like Installation terrain; inside of a underwater base, not in the ocean itself or whatever.

Zornor

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmmmm, strange that I already posted something like that in another thread :wavey

There's a Terran installation, and dP's Zerg part counts as Zerg installation, so there should be Protoss installation, so it's color scheme would mainly be yellow and blue and stuff, and there would be photon cannon traps from the walls and floor, and perhaps even a scarab shooter.

JesusFreak

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would like to be able to send units in to buildings, and to destroy them easier, like sending a squad of 12 marines in to a hive, and be able to see the inside, and be able to like kill 6 tendion strings and the place would blow up instandly, or something. That way the zerg could take over a human building and infest it, that would be cool, but require a lot of micro management (sp). but fun

l)aRkArTaNiS-

Reaction score
How about a underwater terrain with new underwater units fir sc2
I agree, having underwater terrain would be cool, but yet that would totally change Starcraft. Blizzard would have to make all new units just for 1 terrain type, which doesnt really make sense. Having underwater units would change the game in a BIG way. Even though changes arent always bad, I'd rather have Starcraft stay as a land game, and avoid the water terrain.

FuzzzyLing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or sumthing like wc3 like 3-D

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
water is useless in the starcraft world.

what are they gunna do..? fight in the water just for the hell of fighting? its like that red vrs blue episode... they both set up a base coz the enemy was there, and "even if we left now and they took our base right now theyd have TWO bases in the middle of a box canyon. whoodde****indoo!"

same thing. whats the point of water? unless... there is minterals in the water. thats only reason to use water. why use water for transportation if you can just fly anywhere? now if they added gas to the game and the maps were HUGE so wraiths couldnt fly the entire way across.. or gaurdians would get tired after awhile and fall.... you may need carriers to hold those units, and water fighting units to defend them....

unless you have underwater minerals, or a need for carriers water = useless.

id like to see some zerg terrain as well though.... or maybe something like a human city. no more fighting in abandoned worlds... let get into some urban warfare with civilians runnin all over.

ThyMuse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Only idiots would utilise aquatic task forces in the ****ing 2600+ century AD. Submarine terrains would only be exploited for commercial reasons. Full stop. Unless of course the organisation wishes its fleet to be blown to ****ing kingdom come by an orbital Battlecruiser.

Plus cave maps would suck. It'll just be a rip off from the Terran Installation maps.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
meh i like to see a zerg like terrain the char one doenst look like one

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
I just a boat that carriers ground units over water and attack while in the middle of the sea , so if the enemy attack with guardians but has HUGE anti air back up, put some hydras on the boat, sail over to the guardians, dark swarm your hydras, and attack!

Why would this be useful? Tell me you never tried to attack guardians attacking from way out the coast with hydras/dragoons/marines/ etc. but find that your ground units cant reach the guardians/bc's yamating/corsairs disruption webbing/ queen's brooding/ blah blah blah.

And with the boats, they can be attacked, so they sink and all units on the boat die..

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think a world between the real world and a 3rd dimention....The protoss experiment on a protal type structure and its activated and it tears a tear in time and space to a world where nothing is there...and it lies a very dark secret......something like that....but the whole idea is a world between our world and the 3rd dimension.....