Spear/Polearm build (barb)

Infection

Member!
Reaction score
Hey I was thinkin about building a spear WW barb, but I couldnt find any guides/builds on one...anyone know where I could find one? Or anyone got any suggestions i.e. is this a waste of time? I figured I build one because I found Aeriocs Needle (sp?) which does around 300 damage, +3 to skills, and i believe around 400 poison over 6 seconds or something around there, and it ignores targets defense, theres more but i dont remember it all. Now this to me looked like something to base a build off of, but maybe im wrong. What do you guys think?

-Edit-
Heres the info on it--
Ariocs Needle Hyperion Spear
Damage : 112-380
Very Fast Attack Speed
+3 to all skills
30% IAS
220% ED
Ignore Targets Defense
+394 PD over 10 Seconds
50% Deadly Strike

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ariocs needle isn't that good, and I wouldn't recommend it for a polearm barb. Infact, if I was going to make a polearm barb I'd go to classic, but thats just me - you can still make one on xpac. If you're poor, I'd make something like a sorc or necro

Infection

Member!
Reaction score
Alrighty, I'm not exactly poor, I was just wondering if it was worth buildin a whole character for, but if not ill just sell it or give it away lol. Thanks for the info though

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WAIT WAIT WAIT. IF UR NOT EXACTLY POOR, then get an EBOTD warpike and then make ur spear barb... it will be awesome my friend has a barb like that. AWESOME range and awesome dmg. the weapon itself does like something-1200 dmg. its SWEET try it.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had lvl 76 Polearm barb with 800 dmg rare polearm that had AR + and LL and IAS (and shael :D)

it failed miserably, I couldnt do much in hell.