Sorceress Bear Enchantress Guide, by SaladFork

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
FWI DID NOT WRITE, EDIT, OR REVISE ANY SECTION OF THIS GUIDE. THIS GUIDE HAS NOT BEEN EDITED, AND WAS POSTED WITH WRITTEN CONSENT OF ITS AUTHOR, SaladFork.
The only exception here - is that I changed the screenshots to text, because of images on original guide.

SaladFork's Guide to a Bear Enchantress

Table of Contents
1. About the Build
- 1.1 Introduction (What is a Bear Enchantress?)
- 1.2 How can this guide help me?
2. The Build
- 2.1 The Skills
- 2.2 The Stats
- 2.3 The Equipment
- 2.4 The Fight
3. Miscellaneous
- 3.1 The Downloads
- 3.2 The Screenshots
- 3.3 The Build Variations
- 3.4 The Disclaimer

1.1 - Introduction (What is a Bear Enchantress?)
Hello, and welcome to the guide. This is my first character guide, so it's not going to be perfect.

What is a bear enchantress? First of all, let me explain what an enchantress is. An enchantress is a sorceress who focusses her skills on Enchant and its synergy. By doing so, she can enchant herself to deal very high amounts of damage in melee combat.

And since Enchant only has one synergy, you have many skill points left over to spend on other skills to enhance the build. For the purpose of this guide, I'm going to focus on keeping my enchantress alive, so I will get Telekenesis and Energy Shield. More discussion on that will be in The Skills section, and in The Build Variations section.

A bear enchantress is an enchantress who uses Beast, a runeword, to gain the WereBear. By turning into a werebear, she will have more life, more damage, and more defense.

Before we begin this guide, let me go over the colors I will be using.

Cyan will signify different sections of the guide.
Yellow will signify character skills
Orange will signify items
Red will signify formulas/equations

Ready? Let's go!

1.2 - How can this guide help me?
Since enchantrasses can be made so many different ways, this guide is my way of helping you create an enchantress of your very own.

You may not agree with this guide in certain sections, but everyone has their own opinon. I find this guide to be the best way to create an enchantress, but others will claim that you should put points into Shiver Armor. It is totally up to you. This guide is just simply what I found to work best.

2.1 - The Skills
Now this is where most of the contraversy between different enchantress owners takes place. However, if you want to follow this guide, the following are the skills I would take.

Don't forget to put 1 point into each prerequisite, and no more. Max the skills in the order given below.

20 - Enchant - Our main skill
20 - Warmth - A synergy for Enchant. It will also make our mp regenerate INSANELY fast.
20 - Fire Mastery - An insanely important skill. When calculating damage added by Enchant when you enchant yourself, the formula is Enchant Damage * Fire Mastery Bonus * Fire Mastery Bonus. As you see, fire mastery is calculated twice. Raising this skill greatly effects damage. This will also effect any + to fire dmg that our equipment gives. See The Equipment for more info.
20 - Telekenesis - A synergy for Energy Shield. The more points you have in Telekenesis, the less mana you lose per hp redirected to mana. By making it, you lose .75 mp per hp you would have lost. With our fast mana regeneration rate, you will heal damage back in no time!
Rest - Energy Shield - See description for Telekenesis. It will help us keep our character alive. Putting more points into this raises damage that's redirected to mana. Max this skill last.

2.2 - The Stats
Strength - 110-120- Strength depends on the mods on your +str equipment. (Raise this first)
Vitality - 300 - Gives you a great life boost. Keeps you alive longer. (Raise this second)
Dexterity - Rest - Adds to your AR, making you hit more often. It will also increase your defense and chance to block, making you harder to hit and kill.
Energy - NONE - Do not put anything into energy.

2.3 - The Equipment
Head wear - Harlequin Crest Shako - The +skill, life, and mana boost are all great. Also, the damage reduction helps us reach the DR cap (50%). Socket it with an Um.
Amulet - Angelic's Amulet - We need this for the rings to get their special effect, . The damage->mana isn't that bad of a bonus either.
Body Armor - Chains of Honor - I put my one in a perfect Archon. Archon and Dush Shroud will be best here. The +skill, +res, and +DR make this the best armor for you. Without it, the lack of resistances will be a major weakness.
Weapon1 - Beast Berzerker Axe - Our main fighting weapon. In a zerker axe, it has good speed, and very good damage. It will also enable us to transform into a werewolf.
Shield1 - Storm Shield - Socket it with an Um rune. It will have nice +res and a high chance to block. Also a very high DR, helping us reach the cap. Not to mention all the other great mods.
Weapon2 - The Occulus - +3 to sorceress skills. Need I say more?
Shield2 - Lidless - Take any shield that has +1 to all skills. For a cheap altenative, use a sigon's shield.
Gloves - Dracul's Grasp - The special on it is great, and the +str is nice too.
Ring1 - Angelic's Ring - If you have the amulet, this will give you a HUGE attack rating bonus, which is relative to your level.
Ring2 - Angelic's Ring - Yes! If you have two of them, you get TWICE the bonus! Yay!
Belt - Verdungo's - With this belt, you are able to reach the 50% DR cap. Great overall belt anyway. (Try and get a 14-15% DR one)
Boots - Standstorm Trek - The +str will help us with the str reqs, and the +vit is nice. Tons of other good mods too. A Gore Rider would do well here if you don't mind throwing more points into strength.

Inventory - Annihilus Small Charm - No need for an explanation for this one. +skill, +res. What else do you want?
Inventory - Burning Grand Charm of Incineration - Get 10 +fire grand charms. If they have the Incineration suffix, even better. The + to fire damage is effected by your fire mastery, so it really adds up.
Inventory - Shimmering Small Charm of Vita - Better known as 20/5's. These give +20 life, and +5 to all res. Get 9 of these.

Stash - Call To Arms - We will be using Battle Orders and Battle Command. Try and get a high one if you can.

More will be discussed in the next section, The Fight.

2.4 - The Fight
First, you will need to do what is known as "prebuffing". Basically, you're going to have to power yourself up before the actual fight.

Switch to your occy/liddy combo, and head to your stash. Replace your Occulus with the CTA. Go outside of town, and cast Battle Command twice. The first one will increase the duration of the second one. Then, cast Battle Orders. Your hp and mana should go up.

Go back to your stash, and switch the CTA with your Occulus. Cast Enchant and Energy Shield. Switch to your Beast and cast WereBear.

You are now ready to fight.

The fight is really simple. Click on them, and wait until they die. It won't be easy hurting you. First, you should have maxed resistances. Then, you have your Damage Reduction. Most of what gets through that will take away a little mana, which will be recovered quickly.

You might need to go back to sorceress form, teleport near them, and then quickly go back into bear.

3.1 - The Downloads
Download this character!
Char Dmg: 11-14k
Char AR: 17.8k
Char Res: 75 -75 - 75 -75
Char Life: 5.4k (That's right, a sorc with over 5k life.)
Download this guide!!

3.2 - The Screenshots

FWI Note: Because of images used in the original, I am going to post the screenshot contents as text.

Attack Damage: 11K-14K
Attack Rating: 17857
Fire Resistance: 75
Cold Resistance: 75
Lightning Resistance: 75
Poisin Resistance: 75
Life: 5457
-------------------
Current Skill Level: 36
Duration: 984 Seconds
Fire Damage: 2105-2493
Attack Bonus: +335%
Mana Cost: 60

3.3 - The Variations
First, there are variations in skill choices.

Many people will tell you to take Shiver Armor. It increases your defense, and damages anyone who attacks you.

You could also put a point into Thunder Storm. Every so often a bolt will fly down and hit your opponent. It won't deal very much damage, but it will stun them a bit.

Many people will also tell you to use a Phase Blade, with 5x Shael and an Eth in it. This way, you attack much much faster, but sacrifice damage, AR, and you'll need to throw in another stashing trip.

3.4 - Disclaimer
This guide was created and written completely by SaladFork. You may not redistribute any part of this guide without my consent. Claiming any part of this guide as your own is strictly prohibited.

This guide was written solely for DiabloWorld. The guide shall not be featured anywhere out without my consent.

The guide was created on February 19th, 2005.

I take no responsibility for any mistakes featured throughout this guide. If any of my data is faulty, I am sorry.

~Salad

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Its a good guide, the only thing is i think that a Fire claw bear is better .. not sure havent tryed bear sorc.

~Shadow

Reaction score
yeah it is, and id prefer to use a passion instead of beast as main wep, gives zeal for a bit more dmg and more hits. not sure about rest of stats though

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
yeah but you gotta stash the beast after you turn. and your most likely gonna have to transform again, making go into town i;e; losing.

OwNaGe[GtK]

Reaction score
Alright so i made my Bear Chantress to lvl 75 now working on the ES and already i love this char.. very cheap and very good in duels i suggest if you can afford you should make one