Something that isn't just a rumor.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
1up.com posted an interview with David Brevik, ex-president of Blizzard North, back in September. We didn't link to it at the time since it's supposed about Hellgate:London, the game his new company Flagship Studios is producing. However, I happened to watch the interview tonight and found that it's largely about history. The founding of Blizzard North, where they got the name "Diablo" from, what their early ideas about the game were, etc. Check it out.

Also, if anyone still had any doubts, David confirms that work on Diablo III was underway when he and the rest of the "big 4" left the company to form Flagship. A quote from the transcript:

1UP: When you look back now and then look forward with what's going on with Diablo and the Diablo franchise, how do you feel about where it's going?

DB: Well, honestly, I don't know where it's going. I know that they recently closed down Blizzard North, which was really sad for me because a lot of those guys are my friends, and you know, it makes me really sad: Something that was my baby for so long is... I don't know if they're going to continue working on it or not. I don't know; I hope that they do. Because I want to play a new version of the game, so that would be very exciting, but you know... what can I say? I'm not a part of that anymore, and it's sad.

Emphasis added, and yes, he said, "continue working on it."
So there you have it.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He could just mean "continue" working on the diablo series.That's what i got out of it, when i heard the interview.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I find it hilarious that I come with actual proof and shit, yet the ****tard threads that are purely speculation and bullshit get 40 replies within an hour.

freak on a leash

Vresdesbyrd
Reaction score
My guess is that because it's probably just you, no offense. Really.

I guess you also just shattered the dreams of hundreds of 12 year olds.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Oh wait, I know why it isn't so popular.

Because it isn't filled with incohearnt babble like all the other threads.

freak on a leash

Vresdesbyrd
Reaction score
OR maybe there just isn't any Diablo people on right now. There are 555 guests last checked. Maybe they will find, join, and comment.

But still, do they mean the Diablo franchise or Diablo3?

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
You know when Diablo3 comes out this thread and hundres other, and this entire(sub) forum will be usless, and then there will be a Diablo 4 Information :-/

fireomen92

Member!
Reaction score
2 words. EX-PRESIDENT. Since he no longer works on it, you can't really count it as proof.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Uhh... don't bump old threads.....

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
SouLeSS said:
Oh wait, I know why it isn't so popular.

Because it isn't filled with incohearnt babble like all the other threads.
Thank you! At freaking last someone admits that other threads are filled with crap.

Btw, Im with you on this one, Souless. Youre a respected member of this little community, and info like this coming from you seems more deemable than from certain other people..*coughgodofpowercough*

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
It's SouLeSS not Souless

And don't flame.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SouLeSS said:
I find it hilarious that I come with actual proof and shit, yet the ****tard threads that are purely speculation and bullshit get 40 replies within an hour.
For some reason I want to say this:

Please keep bitching about it.

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
he means that he might ejaculate when d3 cumz out in his arse u know what i mean man... thats all hes trying to say sad that he cant hump his old baby he worked on last year and now see other men having fun with her so he got pissed off.. the clear emphasis is over the ejaculation speculation of the conversation and your dumb contemplation of this dumb celebration. Dont expect d3 later then 2007-2008...fgs Starcraft ghost and Starcraft 2 are still not out yet and clearly sc2 is coming out b4 d3 soOo this means by the time im 21 and a damn half this game will come out.....and my wife would be screaming honey stop playing d3 and take care of ur son.. i hope not :)

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
*Turok said:
he means that he might ejaculate when d3 cumz out in his arse u know what i mean man... thats all hes trying to say sad that he cant hump his old baby he worked on last year and now see other men having fun with her so he got pissed off.. the clear emphasis is over the ejaculation speculation of the conversation and your dumb contemplation of this dumb celebration. Dont expect d3 later then 2007-2008...fgs Starcraft ghost and Starcraft 2 are still not out yet and clearly sc2 is coming out b4 d3 soOo this means by the time im 21 and a damn half this game will come out.....and my wife would be screaming honey stop playing d3 and take care of ur son.. i hope not :)
I'm surprized your not banned yet, you've been flaming everywhere, you don't make sense half the time, and most of the time its offtopic.

Oh and so many bumps *head hurts*

/angry

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Dude. Turok. I do not believe that you are any older than 12 let alone 19 or 20 or whatever you say. Stop flaming, its not funny, its just really immature

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Emo Nemo said:
I'm surprized your not banned yet, you've been flaming everywhere, you don't make sense half the time, and most of the time its offtopic.

Oh and so many bumps *head hurts*

/angry
We tend to not care about that anymore.

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
Yea I don't really understand what he said lol. Can anyone answer my question? Was SouLeSS saying that D3 may not be developed?

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
im just having fun dudes :p nothing more this is a forum u know!!

kiwi_merchant

Reaction score
Nope, Souless, We care about this thread, We just speechless because you found proof that diablo3 might be coming out from trusted resources. How did you do it?