So... um...

L

Laharl

I'm being dragged into WoW, ironic I know. And want to chat with someone while I wait for this slow abomination to finish downloading.

Apparently I'm hoard, and that's all I was informed.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
*Horde.

Yeah there's two factions. Alliance, and Horde. Horde is better, grats you.

Since you like wizards (Saw your post in the D&D forum) you'll probably end up wanting to play a mage, i suggest being an undead mage, they have good racials.

If you're used to MMO's then WoW is pretty straightforward and very user friendly (I find).

Reaction score
The thing about playing WoW, is if you have friends that are high levels on your server, you don't really learn the basics of the game, and theres going to be a huge chunk of content you'll probably never see (Azeroth mostly, few BC spots) because youre starting off so late.

But as far as how "easy" classes are for leveling, it's generally something like Hunter > Rogue > Warlock > Mage > Druid then the rest of the classes are lumped together between "really slow" and "decently alright". Unless you have someone outfit your char in the best gear you can for that level that is.

I started the game as a rogue and hated it, and it almost made me quit the game. I didn't really even have much fun in the game until I started my mage and got him to a decent level where most of his skills were opened up (around 46), so just stick to it.

Also, don't make a paladin. They're terrible in every single way. Except healing. But you can only spam your two heals for so long before you get incredibly bored of it.

L

Laharl

i've always liked the idea of blowing people up. I HAVE played RO, for a few hours at school when I was bored.

Good racials for magic, eh? So the grey elves of the WoW universe!

Also, I'd need general briefing beforehand as my BF went to bed :(

Reaction score
What do you mean general briefing?

The games actually really noob friendly. Theres the popup tips right at the start, and everone has giant yellow ! and ?'s over their heads if they're gonna give you quests. Skills can go on billions of buttons all of which you can assign to your keyboard shortcuts (like shift+1, ctrl+1, alt+1, 1 all being different actions) to any key for the most part. It's stupidly easy to get into, which is probably why so many people play it.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Also, don't make a paladin. They're terrible in every single way. Except healing. But you can only spam your two heals for so long before you get incredibly bored of it.
Amen nukka

L

Laharl

I'm reinstalling, along with a bunch of other garbage on this comp. Did a complete wipe.

Shaman any fun to play?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I play one. People will mainly want you to heal though (Which is what i do, but i love doing it). They're a jack of all trades, they can heal, do ranged dps, or melee dps (Depending how you spec). They can place totems (Up to four, one of each air, fire, water and earth) to buff themselves and their party members. Each element school for totems has at least 5 different spells.

Reaction score
A shaman is probably the most versatile class in the game, rivaled only by the druid. But regardless, a shaman can do basically anything you wish to do in this game so it's a very good class to choose. As Renzo said, you can heal, melee, or ranged, so you'll never find yourself bored.

L

Laharl

I've been having a lot of fun with my tauren shaman, miltank. So I guess I'll level it up for now :D