So diablo's really dead?

4n0nym0us3-n00b13

Just Plain Barbaric
Reaction score
I got an e-mail from BF to check out the prizes and whatnot, thought about coming back to the diablo world. Log into my favorite diablo forum, and what do you know... no more talk about bots, maphacks, tradehacks, glitches, ultimate character builds, nobody trying to scam members with fake dupes. What happened?

Is it really over? I always figured it would be a never ending battle between code savy gamers and the actual game coders- I could step away for a few years, and come back to the heavenly feel of artificial hell. A bit depressing, really.

Was the diablo universe and fans thrown to the curb upon the release of WoW? Everyone get tired of the repetitive builds of hammerdins/smiters/fire sorc's, and people using d2jsp to run a mf bot while they were at work/school?

I guess what I'm really asking is this:

Is there any evil (or good depending on how you look at it :devil:) out there still hacking the game up forcing blizzard to come out with new patches? Or is it basically, join the hardcore ladder when it gets restarted for good gameplay? Worth coming back online, or wait it out and hope for a d3?

L

Laharl

They pretty much were thrown to the curb on the release of WoW.

Diablo 2 patches are are every few years at best, and Blizzard patches things intermittently, at best.

I wouldn't be surprised if Battle.net itself were taken down in the name of profit.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I am currently trying Hellgate:London, but nothing beats the danger of hardcore ladder...

L

Laharl

Danger is right. One blast of B.net lag (which is frequent) and you're dead.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't played D2 in so long. I can't even remember it clearly.

Hmm...

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think I would go back to D2 if there was a BF hardcore team;)

L

Laharl

I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon.

BTW: Talk on MSN?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
actually the hacking community is still alive and kicking, check edgeofnowhere.cc and you'll see discussion going on constantly

the thing is, the battleforums D2 fanbase has faded out of existance, thats why its liek this

but yes, diablo hackers have really dropped in popularity, i still know a few people who havnt stopped though

Angie1313

Member!
Reaction score
I would love to get back into a good fix of Diablo. it's been soooo long since I even played it. You guys might hate me for this but now that I think about it...I may have uninstalled it from my PC

L

Laharl

Angie, I think many of us have uninstalled it from our pc's. I've gone as far as given away my cd's...

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I gave my serial numbers to a friend of mine. Lawl.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
why not just say cd keys its shorter jeez wtf who the hell calls cd keys serial numbers

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
why not just say cd keys its shorter jeez wtf who the hell calls cd keys serial numbers
Serials and CD Keys mean the same thing. Some manuals, like my Serious Sam II one call it a Serial Key. Most Blizzard games call them CD keys. Doesnt really make a difference, except its a unique identifier used to make sure people have seperate copies when you go online. Or to make sure the game is real and not some forgery.

L

Laharl

All we really got anymore is posts by cheeze where he posts screenshot's of himself nking, and threads about Diablo being dead. cute.