Smiter Skill?

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
005 said:
There is a difference between being a physical damage character and a melee character ;)
Melee in basic terms (to me) means physical contact in battle, to casting is more or less damage caused by elemental, and or, magical damage, and normally (but not always) at a distance. I could very well be wrong on this, so
please explain (detailed, not this vauge 1 sentence crap) how a Smiter is not a melee attack?

Reaction score
your saying a char with a ar is a melle character, ifso with a bowazon terms if your useing guided your not melee, but if u are useing multi shot all of a sudden your melee. my verson of a melle char is hand to hand combat weather its a sword or a shied.
a caster is someone who deals element dmg
physical and melee wats the difference.?

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Pale_Horse said:
Melee in basic terms (to me) means physical contact in battle, to casting is more or less damage caused by elemental, and or, magical damage, and normally (but not always) at a distance. I could very well be wrong on this, so
please explain (detailed, not this vauge 1 sentence crap) how a Smiter is not a melee attack?
it's not this complicated. melee attacks, are attacks affected by ar. for example the druid attack tornadoe deals physical damage, but it is NOT melee.

@i play with blizz

obviously bowzon is not melee because it uses ranged attack

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
What I think 005 is getting at is that SMITE always hits. It's that simple. That's why smite pwns for ubers. AR attack can miss. So even with tons of AR, you will have misses.

Since smite doesn't require AR, you don't need to have a lot of it. Therefore, you can pile on the Vit.

ZConnor

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
ZConnor said:
What I think 005 is getting at is that SMITE always hits. It's that simple. That's why smite pwns for ubers. AR attack can miss. So even with tons of AR, you will have misses.

Since smite doesn't require AR, you don't need to have a lot of it. Therefore, you can pile on the Vit.

ZConnor
I completely understand that, but what I was asking was, is max block worth it, after having Exile, Defience Aura, and Holy Shield running, or should I put those points into life?

At 156 Dex, (for the shield) I should have max block with the gear and whatnot, but if I do not, should I bother pumping it or put those into life? My defense will be insanely high to begin with.

life < max block or life > max block

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Pale_Horse said:
Ok let me reword it abit. I know I need 156 (or whatever it is for Monarch Spirit on switch) so, what i was meaning was more dex then that.
at 125 is max block rate for a pally with maxed HS. Which I will have after + from gear, charms, and ect.

In any rate, according to Koolaid, CB is more imortant on a Smiter then +Skills. Is this accurate.

WHY IS THEIR NO SMITER GUIDE!!!!!
Someone please update the guides. Hasn't been done since beginning of 1.10, might attract some new people to this sight *Hint hint*
I know you guys are busy fighting about the difference between close combat and melee (that is my best explanation of them), but I would like to just clarify one thing before I join you guys. You said you need 156 str for monarch, but you don't need to use a monarch. Paladins can easily use a 40 strength shield (normal pally shields have four sockets). If the most strength you need is 156 for the monarch (you are not using coa), then you don't need the 156. However, you should use CoA, so it doesn't matter if you use a monarch or not.

Anyways, melee is classified as physical contact with a weapon (and in Smite's case, the shield is a weapon). Bowazons are of course, ranged, and are called ranged classes because of it. Would you not call kicking (assassin's kick attacks) a melee attack? It is the same concept as smite.

Now, life>block. Does blocking animations slow down your attacking (like faster hit recovery)? Is it faster to recover from an attack than it is to block it (some times you won't block it)? With huge amounts of life tap, and it casting very frequently, you can survive to take some damage. Smite is not all about pvm though, so if you are going to be against casters, then having as much life is critical. How much more dex would you have to put in (taking away from vitality) to get it to max? I think you could get it to near (if not maxed) with 50 dex put into it.

katan01

Reaction score
Pale_Horse said:
I completely understand that, but what I was asking was, is max block worth it, after having Exile, Defience Aura, and Holy Shield running, or should I put those points into life?

At 156 Dex, (for the shield) I should have max block with the gear and whatnot, but if I do not, should I bother pumping it or put those into life? My defense will be insanely high to begin with.

life < max block or life > max block
I think what they are all trying to tell you is dont worry about max block, it wont really be needed. If you are wearing dracs then you will have life tap on so if you are being gang raped and getting hurt you will still be stealing life from the boss you are attacking. So only have enough dex to wear your equipment, and put the rest in vit life is way for important for a smiter than max block is.

someoneod

Member!
Reaction score
are you taking in the +stats from anni, torch, and other small charms? you can get 40 dext with a good anni and torch, and tons more depening on what other charm setup you use. Base dext would only need to be 70-80ish.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Pale_Horse said:
Alrighty then, so just enough for gear? I have it at the moment 85(before + from gear) and at lvl 48. So, I guess I'm still ok.
And yes I meant block not "clock" sleep depervation is a mother......
Yep as I stated previously, I have 85 dex before the + stats I would recieve from gear, and charms.
It's at max block already, with gear. I am pumping the rest into life, since I figure I don't need to make insane defense for it.

AngelLucifer

Reaction score
Add 1 point into conviction and rest into FoH. I know FoH won't be too good, but it'll scare the others.

andrewexd

Member!
Reaction score
^... thats the stupidest thing ever, If you want to scare just buy a 1 to foh scepter from akara, no need to waste pnts

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Ummm .... who the hell are you going to scare? If you refer to NPC Monsters ... it's a game they don't get scared. If it was meant for PvP characters, anyone good, would laugh at the damage.

For the leftover skill points, I put them into Zeal, and Defience since I already have Fanaticism maxed, I basically have most of a zealer build up and running.