Singular vs Area Type Heros

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In the game, you can have a singular, area, or dual type hero. A S-Type hero would be someone like the Firelord with his main skills NOT being area of effect. The Pit Lord would be a perfect example of an A-Type hero. His main skills, Rain of Fire and Howl of Terror, benefit the most when more enemies are around. Even his passive skill, Cleaving Attack only works well with a great number of enemies. A D-Type hero is represented by a hero such as the Dread Lord. His main skill can be either Carrion or Sleep, both with viable strategies. With Carrion, you have an area of effect spell that works the best in a large battle. Sleep however, has it's best use in smaller skimishes. So what hero type do you prefer, area, singular or dual?

In my opinion, singular heroes are better off as first heroes, while area heroes are better as 2nd or 3rd heroes. Dual type heroes have the bonus of being effective both early and late game.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Singular are definatley better for first hereos, especially if you get harrassed. For example, if your playing Human and an orc harasses w/Far Seet and Wolves. Use the MK to stun him, and use whatever you have to focus on his hero.

Dual-types can be effective as well, as I just mentioned, the MK can use Storm Bolt in the beggining, then work on Thunderclap. Stormbolt benefits from Bash, since you can stun via SB, then stun them just by bash and surround the hero and nuke him.

-Frank :cool:

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
IceDevil9 said:
Singular are definatley better for first hereos, especially if you get harrassed. For example, if your playing Human and an orc harasses w/Far Seet and Wolves. Use the MK to stun him, and use whatever you have to focus on his hero.

Dual-types can be effective as well, as I just mentioned, the MK can use Storm Bolt in the beggining, then work on Thunderclap. Stormbolt benefits from Bash, since you can stun via SB, then stun them just by bash and surround the hero and nuke him.

-Frank :cool:
But then again, 99% of the players on bnet max out on 2 skills rather than spreading out 3... So you have to choose between SB or TC, SB being better eariler, while TC better later.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
area heros are best against undead. The panda even with nerf still pwns the undead if hes first. Panda + lich will destroy the undead in a mirror match as I have demonstrated to the likes of Fleshripper and Aragorn

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer Single type hero, for hero killing.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I would prefer wiping out multiple units. Since sometimes, the units are worse than the hero. In small games, I would get a hero that can bash skulls on single targets.