• I want D3 to be in 3D

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

smittyr7

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As 3 dimensional RPG's and MMORPG become the "in" thing nowadays, should Blizzard abandon the old school 2 dimensional rendering in favor of a more WOW look for Diablo 3 ??

smittyr7

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This really is a tuff question becuz---on the one hand, if you maintain the 2D rendering, you must make it spectacular and amazing graphically or you risk making the game look dated and crappy---on the second hand, if you move into 3D you compete with WOW and that doesn't make sense either, then all the games start looking alike....

kesman2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and if you have 3d it seems to be a little slower on a crap comp and a lot of d2 players have crap comps (like me)

Gummy_Demonz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that is a very good question though i prefer old school i would kinda like to c 3d like ashrons call 2 or WoW. to settle the disput they should make d3 able to be in 2d and 3d for dif people and their tastes

choco711

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if it were 3D it would prolly include 'spensive servers and would include monthly fees, so i go with old school.

Devestator

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How about the perfect solution.. dungeon keeper style... you can control from 3rd person view or (in DK when you posess your mininons) you can go in and fight it out in first person.

But also just a side note.. Shadowbane a popular upcoming game is 3rd person view. Will be interesting to see how it does. I think the thing I hate most about 3rd person views though is having to use the mouse to click everywhere I want to go. To easy to misclick on things doing that.. I prefer using keys to move.

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
not only do you compete with WoW, but sc ghost is the exact same thing as well. its just for console so it wont be affected quite as much.
oh yea, also d3 will almost definitely be ptp even if it isnt 3d so that wont really affect anything on that part.

sp1d3r

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think they should option it because it ways it could suck but in other ways it could be better

¥ôÜ §úçK

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
it should definatly be 2-d

btw just 2 make sure 2-d wins u think i could delete my cookies and keep cvotin 4 2-d lol

i dont think graphice really make a game i think blizz needs 2 focus more on gameplay and more char types and races/items
and all the stuff thatj actually matters

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
if they put on 3d put it on a DVD sheesh, switch to cinematics DVD and when your installing switch to so and so, very gay and annoying, a real nuisance.... and yeah sucky comps like mine can
t handle it I mean i have a 4 mb graphics card and 96sdram

Deathmetal0987

Member!
Reaction score
the reason

i chose 3d to fit with more optins that might me in the game that require 3d elements in order to give the funnest and best gameplay possible. think about metal gear solid-hoe hard it was to work out in 2d, but it became so much better in 3d. PLEASE GOD DO NOT MAKE THIS A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER OR FOGHTER LIKE DOOM OR HALO. IT WOULD BE TOO DIFFICULT TO FIGH THE HORDES OF DEMONS EVERYWHERE."

[Koolaid]

Reaction score
2d all the way...thats the beauty of diablo..

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! why do you want diablo 3 to be 3d!?!? thats gay!!! old school rocks!!! 3d will make it just like any other rpg

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
think about this:
if diablo 3 was 3d, wouldnt it seem too much like WoW? anyway, in diablo games there are usually like 40-50 creature on a map dying and casting spells-
3d would lagg a lot..

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
I voted for 3d but 2d could sweet if they beefed up the res [which they would anyways]

I actually don't give a crap ... I just want to play another diablo game.

Please, please, please give us custom map abilities on closed net.

ZConnor