Should beta characters switch to retail?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think that when the open beta is over, all the beta characters should become available on your account for retail?

I am 50/50 with this. I don't want it to happen because it can change the ecomy of the game drasticly. I also want it to happen because the beginning zones won't be as crowded and I will be able to have a good start to the retail. The only problem is that there are a lot of lvl 60 players and they can affect the game a lot. I don't know. I don't really care. I wouldn't mind if it happens or doesn't happen.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
They didn't allow war III accounts to transfer, why wouold they let WOW beta transfer

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
That was with accounts. War3 was wins and losses. WoW is with high lvls up to 60, tons of items, all thsoe quests and all that. They are different.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
no, the fact is it is a beta. Beta is done for testing. they wouldn't incorperate beta characters into the real game

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
That would be unfair and gay. No I doubt blizzard would do something as homosexual as that maybe open beta chars but even that is doubtful.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with Pan and Theroy on this.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
how about this: a few servers for people who want to keep characters and the rest of the servers for people who want to start over.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It is going to happen, they did it with LineageII also. MMORPGS are different. GFrasier (SP) even said when the Closed beta started that they will keep the closed beta accounts too. Open beta is about 2 weeks long, people don't want to waste their time just making a chara that will be deleted. Trust me, they will not wipe OB characters. Meanwhile, I have been playing WoW last night. If you are on the East Test 4 server. Look me up, im a Dwarf Hunter named Zaku (^_^)...

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
So you got in on the stress test? I'm still waiting on the ****ing OB...

Lineage was a FOOLISH decision to not wipe, because of all the OB dupes that were released, and people with jacked characters everywhere.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whoever even slightly believes that battle.net wont reset, is an idiot. think of how unfair it would be to the retail players, who didnt get a chance to sign up for open beta. besides, there are changes between open beta, and retail. would those changes be disregarded with characters going from open beta to retail?

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Imagine leveling as a new human character and getting a level 60 orc swing his axe down on your neck while you try to hit level 2.