Shitload of new stuff on the terrans.

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Isnt there anybody here who's supposed to find these news items?

New infomation about Terran has been released by Korean press. Below is the link.

Main article - http://bloggernews.media.daum.net/news/226976
Unit article - http://bloggernews.media.daum.net/news/226975
Building article - http://bloggernews.media.daum.net/news/226974

- 1st picture is exploding nuclear bomb.
- 2nd picture is viking in walker mode.
- 3rd picture is concept art of reaper.
- Siege tank got some graphical upgrade, and it will be showed in Blizzcon.
- There is no more new infomation in this article.

Unit article

1. Ghost (1st picture)
- Of course, he still has a stealth ability, and be able to launch a Nuclear strike.
- He got 2 new ability - Snipe, Launching xxx (Sorry, Limit of reverse-translation)
- Snipe is an ability which can deals huge damage to the target except a Mechanical unit.
- Launching xxx is an ability that summons 6 marines to the battlefield.

2. Battlecruiser (no picture)
- Got a new upgrade called Plasma injection (Of course, Not exact) which can deals huge AoE damage to ground targets.

3. Viking (2nd and 3rd picture)
- In walker mode, Viking can attack a ground target with Gatling gun.
- In fighter mode, he can attack an aerial target.
- Transform ability can be accessed by fighter mode upgrade.

4. Banshee (4th picture)
- Bomber unit which can attack only a ground target.
- Uses a missile volley which deals huge AoE damage to ground targets.
- Also has a stealth ability.

5. Reaper (5th picture)
- He has a mining ability.
- His mine is quite bit different from vulture's.
- A litter later after mining, it targets on building or unit which didn't show any movement, and explodes.

6. Thor (6th picture)
- Unusually, He is built by SCV.
- He has some siege weapon which can deals a huge damage to building or large object.
- But his weapon cooldown is long and turn speed is very slow, so he is weak to hit-and-run strategy.

7. Cobra (7th picture)
- Fast hover vehicle with two rail gun.
- He can shoot while moving.

8. Siege tank
- Got some new graphical upgrade.

9. Marine
- Still has a range upgrade and stim-pack upgrade.
- He got a 15 HP upgrade and shield upgrade. (Confusing, but Both are seperate in the article.)

10. SCV
- No new infomation.

Building article

Sorry, Due to traffic issue, so I can not post about buildings right now. ASAP, I will post more infomation. But it seems blizzard releases the press, so after few hours you can hope to get the rest infomations from US site.

But from my memory, Terran got sensor dome and radar dome, and add-on building is reduced to two type, and barracks, factory and starport shares same kinds of add-on, so you can use same add-on by using rift-off.

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Buildings
Headquarters The headquarters continuously is keeping the role of the headquarters which is a reel which produces worker Yoo Nis In SCV (space construction vehicle). The headquarters loaded SCV 5 inside and there was a possibility of rising also the new function was equipped and. The SCV it will be able to protect five becomes the help in base defense. Also, the expansion base compared to there was a possibility of building quickly and. Also the headquarters the RAID of Ub is a possibility of doing with the planetary fortress. The planetary fortress simultaneously to the multiple enemy will affix the turret which is enormous in top part and it will be able to fire.

Technical laboratory & atomic reactor The reel was and from each building petty there to be it will be able to produce a unit in independent and flow method, to make, it equipped a new enlargement of a building system. The attachment which makes public newly without knowing why there is a technical laboratory and an atomic reactor. Two building all camp and the logistics factory, or it will be able to extend a building to space airport building where. It will make already and there is a water service which will attach the position technical laboratory or the different building in the atomic reactor. It will reach and to lead the reel it is and quick production strategy it is and it will be able to change. Technical laboratory: That RAID of the RAID and other Ub of unit technical Ub is possible. It extends a building in the camp and, the logistics factory and the space airport the medic or public characteristic tank together production of the unit which is more powerful it is possible and it does as a favor. Atomic reactor: It will extend a building in the camp and, the logistics factory and the space airport there is a possibility which it will hand down an additional production order. When for example, the same camp will do to be it will be able to cultivate 2 person marines in the case same time which will construct this enlargement of a building building, the logistics factory could be produced 2 Vikings in ramyon same time. Reference: With the medic or public characteristic tank the same part unit must construct the technical laboratory and. The possibility the attachment building one bay making but in one building are like this units simultaneously it will not be able to produce 2.

* Bunker The bunker the original star khu Rae phu thu from with is having the function which is identical. The defense which is strong the players who are a hazard reel it will be able to commit the maximum your name infantry in the bunker.

* Perception tower & electronic detection tower The perception tower it will be able to perceive the enemy field of the transparent condition which is to circumference and it is a new building. The electronic detection tower which is a reorganization form of the perception tower it will be able to perceive the very wide radius undergarment field. Even until the enemy field which approaches from the unconfirmed area of the battlefield seeing through is possible. Fault of the electronic detection tower the location becomes exposure in all enemy field and it will avoid this perception scope of the enemy field and it will be able to attempt an approach it is a point.

* Supply depot The supply depot the reel is at the basic supply base the star khu Rae phu thu appears as well in as many as 2. The star khu Rae phu thu the function which is fun of the supply depot which is the possibility of seeing from 2 the possibility of sending with an underground to hand down the supply depot is the thing. When it will apply this function and our military ground unit passes by, after sending to hand down the supply depot in ground lower part, it will be able to move that comfort unit and after that it will raise it will close the supply depot again and the infiltration of the enemy it will be able to use with the firewall which is the possibility which.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

summon marines to battlefield, sounds like they going to drop in, which is like Starship troopers, which is awesome.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
building thors off cliffs near enemies sounds nice :D

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whoa.

What's with all that cloak detection?

So far. Nice.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Wow. I can't flipping WAIT to see Zerg shit.

Terran stuff looks amazing. Banshees are awesome!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i cant wait to play customs :(

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
You can prolly make your own units in customs

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I take back what I said before. PvT(perhaps ZvT, too) will be even gayer than it is now. All of this bullshit stuff will just encourage more ****** ass turtling/camping by the terran and the last thing we need is another terrancraft.

Why does terran need any more siege weapons and detection? If this is what we have to look forward to, then I might as well stick to BW. *sigh*

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
why do terran need guns any way? cant they fight those blasted aliens hand to hand?
terran=always turtle :/

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Perhaps, I played(watched) one too many pvts where terrans camp then move out with a 200/200 army. Now terran will be gayer than ever. The main reason I hate them because they're a turtle ****** race. Its nice to see that hasn't changed.(sarcasm obviously) Why can't T be more manly?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well with Phase Prisms and Collossi, it wont be that hard to break a Terran turtle anymore.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Granted, it isn't that hard to break a terran turtle, but still annoying as hell. With all those siege weapons(thor, vikings, tanks, not to mention buffed up BCs), it might be even easier for them to do so even with phase prisms, immortals, colossi, etc.

DT harass(one of my fav strats) will be a thing of the past now with all that detection. The surprise element will be gone.

And since when do they need ground turrets along with bunkers.(and tanks, thor adding insult to injury)

See where I'm going with this?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Granted, it isn't that hard to break a terran turtle, but still annoying as hell. With all those siege weapons(thor, vikings, tanks, not to mention buffed up BCs), it might be even easier for them to do so even with phase prisms, immortals, colossi, etc.
Viking = siege, at what point did that happen? Colossus can step around unit defenses behind any fortified position, unless you are playing a moron whole blows all his resources setting up tanks and bunkers at every point around his base, then you are just playing for an easy win.
Thor looks more like an offencive vehicle, not a defensive one. Sides Immortals and the new array of Protoss weaponry makes turtling look retarded (same way WCIII made turtling retarded). Though it isn't like a Terran player in regular SC can get away with turtling.

DT harass(one of my fav strats) will be a thing of the past now with all that detection. The surprise element will be gone.
At the level you get the new detection devices, DT would have been useless in SC anyways due to careful missle turret planning and defense.

And since when do they need ground turrets along with bunkers.(and tanks, thor adding insult to injury)
ground turrets where?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In BW, as it is now, plenty of Ts can and have gotten away with turtle strats. Then again, the maps now are kinda designed for 1 fact cc into camping builds. I suppose its frustrating for us Ps since then becomes a game of who can reach 200/200 the fastest, which is just boring.(I never said T turtling was unbeatable. Just to be clear.)

As for the dt thing, the whole idea behind it is make T OD on defense so P can expo safely. (......and I just owned myself with sentence, didn't I?)
Dt harass is all about attacking outside of turret detection range. When T scans, pick it up with a shuttle, same as with spider mines, rinse and repeat, etc.

Ground turrets were mentioned on other SC2 boards. That's where that came from.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Terrans only have one turret and it hits air. Some confusion may have arisen form the fact they can hit colossus, but the Colossus can be hit by Ground, ground to air, and air to air attacks.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Umm, no confusion. Anti-ground turrets were discussed in other SC2 boards. I'm hoping they don't exist, but whatever.

L

Laharl

They look lame, and Warcraft III-ish which is repulsive.

And the abilities seem half-assed, and shat out.