"Sheep"

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Ever known somone who will do anyting just to be 'cool'? You may also know them as 'posers' which is an insanley overused statement and usually the persons not a poser they're just new to something, but thats another topic. Anyways, i'm talkin about the people that will do anything to be cool. Even if they make a complete fool of themselves? I know plenty... for example this kid in my theater art class will sniff pixie sticks if you tell him to. Then everyone laughs at him (at not with) so then he thinks hes funny and that all the people laughing at him are laughing with him. I know doing that would hurt like hell but he still does it. My question is why do people do it? What part of our mind wants to fit in and ba just like everyone else?

Oh and people who say they are 'rebellious' a lot of them are, but ther just do it because they think it will make them cool. "Yeah, my mom said to be home by 6:00, heh, i'm so hardcore i came home at 6:30." People are so dumb...

and sorry if you don't understand the post all these thoughts are kind of jumbled up in my head...

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
quote from simpsons
Lisa: "i just wanted to belong"

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, you generally feel better if you get laughs. We all do things to get more 'popular'. We dress the way other people dress, we all use the same new words, we watch shows just because other people watch them. There is noone in the whole world that isn't a sheep somehow, we can all be stereotypes. People try to be different but, they all end up being like someone else. Btw I don't really use the word poser a lot and not many people over here do. Speedy, don't lie, but, haven't you ever been rebelious and told a friend. I know i have.
There are a lot of people whom will hurt themselves in order to get a laugh or, be talked about for a couple of days. You insulting that the people who try to rebel to be cool is "rebelling". So the people on battleforums will like you more. You sheep!

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Well of course i have. I'm one of the weird yet easy to get along with. I listen to techno/rave/trance music wich everyone says sucks... i love it, im in no way trying to stand out, its just my preference.

Yes, i talk to my friends about 'rebelliousness' (lol sp??) but its just talking not actually trying to mkae them say "Wow OMG DUDE YOU ROCK I WANNA YELL AT MY PARENTS!!1!" Everyone has. But i'm asking why do people take it to the EXTREME? Like the only thing they talk about is how they got in a fight with their mom, or did some insane stunt. Thats the kind of sheep im talkin about.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I hate posers..

They are so..retarded and annoying.

ALL Preps are the same, all pose off one another..

MOST Punks are too.

Some goths.

I myself, make people laugh to the best of my abilities for 2 reasons:
1. I absolutely love it when people laugh and are happy
2. I love making people happy :)

I also do odd things for the same reason..and it's fun to do :p.

I don't do anything to be cool..

Truthfully, being cool is retarded anyways lol..

"Popular" people are fags..

I say this, somewhat hipocritically, because everyone likes me on account of me making them happy with laughter..but you must understand..they make me popular..I don't try.

Being different is awesome, btw.

Our unique ways of thinking and behaving, both attitude and personality wise..are what sets us apart.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against anyone, really. Not a specific "clique" or what not. I hate stereotyping anyway. It's really unfair to constantly generalize everyone, because just looking at the outside of someone can be very unclear, and somewhat decieving. Although, sometimes stereotyping is simply needed, especially in the media...becuase everyone shares a common interest or liking with someone.

Stereotyping happens everywhere, and everyone does it, but I try not to. At times it happens...because the reality is, people generalize themselves. They put themself into a category for the sake of "fitting in" or "belonging". I don't honestly see anything wrong with it, but I tend to try to stray away from that, and simply be myself. I try to be who I am, despite what people may think of me. I prefer not to be just another carbon copy trying to be someone else. Everything becomes so watered down that way...and really boring.

You have the people who want to fit in, and then you have the people who simply want to be different. The *problem* with that is, they think that they're unique, and something new, but the fact of the matter is, they simply aren't. Millions of people try to be different each day, but they're all basically the same as the other million other people acting the same exact way.

As I said, I try to be myself, despite what anyone thinks. I hate to be stereotyped because it's so confining. I'm open to anything.

Viz, not be rude, but why are popular people fags? As you say, you don't choose to be *popular*...but who's to say they do? Maybe they try to impress, but honestly what's so wrong with trying to belong? Of course, as I said, it's boring...but it is their choice. You may have had some problems with popular people... but they aren't ALL the same.

I know some popular people who aren't bad at all...and then I know some popular people who are totally idiots...like the ones who sniff pixie stix...or what not. And at the same time, I've seen idiot goths, idiot punks...idiot everything. It doesn't matter what you choose to be, if you choose to be anything at all, it all comes down to the individual. I'm not going to hate a "prep" for being a prep, I'll only hate them if they're idiots.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Originally posted by RoaCh Of DisCord
Viz, not be rude, but why are popular people fags? As you say, you don't choose to be *popular*...but who's to say they do? Maybe they try to impress, but honestly what's so wrong with trying to belong? Of course, as I said, it's boring...but it is their choice. You may have had some problems with popular people... but they aren't ALL the same.

I know some popular people who aren't bad at all...and then I know some popular people who are totally idiots...like the ones who sniff pixie stix...or what not. And at the same time, I've seen idiot goths, idiot punks...idiot everything. It doesn't matter what you choose to be, if you choose to be anything at all, it all comes down to the individual. I'm not going to hate a "prep" for being a prep, I'll only hate them if they're idiots.
Heh..sorry I must have worded that wrongly.

By thinking popular people are fags, I was referring to the ones that try to be popular..to be "cool".

The pixie sniffers if you will :p.

Also, when I say I hate preps, etc..

The majority of people that are in a certain clique..the ones that I know..make themselves stereotyped.

Preps: The ones I know all dress alike, all listen to the same music, and all have the same shitty attitudes.

Punks: The ones I know all wear the same clothes, all skate, and all listen to the same music. They all also have that "I don't care" attitude. (And that shaggy hair..eww)

Goths: The ones I see everyday all wear black, have pale skin, and wear shirts depicting slipknot, mushroomhead, and some other stoner bands.

Stoners: The ones I know are all about bragging of the drugs in which 1/2 of them don't do as much as they say. They all try to get in trouble, act rebellious for kicks.

You see, when people put themselves into their own stereotypes, it's kind of hard not to agree with them.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VizjereiMage
Heh..sorry I must have worded that wrongly.

By thinking popular people are fags, I was referring to the ones that try to be popular..to be "cool".

The pixie sniffers if you will :p.

Also, when I say I hate preps, etc..

The majority of people that are in a certain clique..the ones that I know..make themselves stereotyped.

Preps: The ones I know all dress alike, all listen to the same music, and all have the same shitty attitudes.

Punks: The ones I know all wear the same clothes, all skate, and all listen to the same music. They all also have that "I don't care" attitude. (And that shaggy hair..eww)

Goths: The ones I see everyday all wear black, have pale skin, and wear shirts depicting slipknot, mushroomhead, and some other stoner bands.

Stoners: The ones I know are all about bragging of the drugs in which 1/2 of them don't do as much as they say. They all try to get in trouble, act rebellious for kicks.

You see, when people put themselves into their own stereotypes, it's kind of hard not to agree with them.
Yes, I do see what you're saying, and do mostly agree...although fags isn't the word I would use :). As I said above, some people put themselves into a category. Some of the ones that do it, are simply being ignorant to themselves...and it's really sad. I've never understood why you would want to confine yourself so deeply. Some "preps" are afraid to look above the horizon...so to speak. As you say, they all do the things everyone else does...that's in their group. They don't look away from it.

Like me, for instance, I'm the total oposite. I listen to gothic music, metal....and for the sake of something different to match my mood...I'll listen to rap. Hell, I'll listen to pop. I'm not going to deny something that I could like, for the sake of "it doesn't match my standards."

I've heard a few preps go ... "EWW OMGZ YOU LIKE MANSON?!?"...and literally freak out, yet if you try to debate with them as to why they hate him, they have no real reason. The true reason is, they're afraid to do something different from what they do, and that's what I hate about stereotyping and grouping yourself. It's So boring and dull.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Teehee..

My favorite thing about the manson arguements is:

Person: Dude, he sucked his own dick..he's a fag..
Me: You wanna know what manson said about that?
Person: Sure..
Me: He said: "Why would I try to suck my own dick, when I sucked someone elses on stage?"
Person: *speechless*
Me: Ahahahahaha...

I love that..gets em every time :p..

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
If there are no followers, there are no leaders. There is a necessity for having more followers than leaders, as leaders are not leaders unless they lead, and the followers are the led.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i know people like that... all my freinds are either computer geeks or skaters and this annoying kid wont leave us alone.. he follows us everywhere. we told him to get lost and we dont like him then we evne moved from the lunch table and he still follows us! theres no way to get him to leave us alone and he will do ANYTHING to look cool, and i CANT STAND that. now we use him to take up our lunch trays and i swear the kid doesnt care about anything but being cool. he gets made fun of and he'll start laughing at himself! if i get made fun of if its not serious i might laugh, but were serious and he knows it.. the kids shameless. i dont want to beat him up but it may be the only way to get him to understand fully that we dont like him. all my freinds really think for themselves and thats why none of us are overpopular. id rather it be that way than to mock everything deemed "cool" by a bunch of idiots.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VizjereiMage
Teehee..

My favorite thing about the manson arguements is:

Person: Dude, he sucked his own dick..he's a fag..
Me: You wanna know what manson said about that?
Person: Sure..
Me: He said: "Why would I try to suck my own dick, when I sucked someone elses on stage?"
Person: *speechless*
Me: Ahahahahaha...

I love that..gets em every time :p..
LMFAO! Yeah, that usually shuts them up. And the look on their face is classic :)

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
omg totally

theres this retard at school (not literally retarded just sum dumba$$) who WONT stop following me and my friends around

he just kinda accpeted himself int eh group, jesus

example: we take a taxi to the mall
hey gets in taxi after us and follows us to mall

and also in the cafeteria, he always buys the same lunch as one of my friends

its so scary (not literally), its like hes stalking us, i feel like wasteing him

~JLeeAZN~

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
If you give into peer pressure, then obviously you wanted to do w/e it was in the first place, or else you would be able to resist..

At least that's the case with me..

Thistle

Senior Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by JLeeAZN
omg totally

theres this retard at school (not literally retarded just sum dumba$$) who WONT stop following me and my friends around

he just kinda accpeted himself int eh group, jesus

example: we take a taxi to the mall
hey gets in taxi after us and follows us to mall

and also in the cafeteria, he always buys the same lunch as one of my friends

its so scary (not literally), its like hes stalking us, i feel like wasteing him

~JLeeAZN~
Dude just tell him you dont like him, If he is pissing you off ormaking you look bad you have reason to tell him to go to hell thats wat i did anway

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i go to a small school, so everyone knows each other. ya, there are the popular kids, but they dont treat anyone bad or anything. except the ones who try to be funny, no one likes them, so they do more stuff. one kid said he would roll down stairs over and over again. he always wants attention. he even calls people sir...Is there any way or place that people can get help for this kind of stuff?

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
There is noone in the whole world that isn't a sheep somehow, we can all be stereotypes. People try to be different but, they all end up being like someone else.
I agree with RoXoR, Just look at my sig Its the song Where the Circle Ends, (*Forget Artist!*)
:shoot :hbut
:shoot :wasted

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Everyone here has done something to try get attention or be more popular. The other guy says he enjoys making people laugh, he likes the attention he gets. I've done plenty of things to be more popular, but just not as much as other people. I started listening to things that my mate did and started wearing the clothes but the thing is; people who were like my friend wern't exactly popular they were called names. So why did I do this? I did it so I felt like I belonged somewhere, it's good to have a type of clothes to wear before I was in a stereotype I felt pathetic.

I really don't see a problem with the majourity of people that just wanna have some friends. If people want to be popular then I have no problem with that but there are the few that have already got friends but still go to the exstreme to get more attention. The people that will do anything and are generally not liked I have no problem with either because everyone needs friends and people are so desperate to get them.