Shadow Priests

M

majinbuu1023

Are shadow priests any good? I made one and I'm enjoying it but before I go to far with them are they any good?

Thanks,
Dylan

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Are shadow priests any good? I made one and I'm enjoying it but before I go to far with them are they any good?

Thanks,
Dylan
Shadow priests are one of the top DPSer's at high levels.

The drawback being your a priest, and your main expectation is to heal.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to say they're one of the top dpser's, but since they restore mana to their party via vampiric touch, they are highly sought after for raids (Usually only one or two per 25man).

It's not hard being a shadowpriest, you press like 3 or 4 buttons in a raid situation.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Shadow priests are good enough DPS, provided you got a warlock buffing Curse of Shadows as well, and provided the fight doesn't require much range.

But really, as an elemental shaman myself, I must say that me and a shadow priest can buff the other caster DPS like no other buff in this game (except WF, nerf).

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Mana batteries. that's it.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I can tell you right now, its some of the most fun pvping I've had.

Reaction score
Shadow priests are one of the top DPSer's at high levels.

The drawback being your a priest, and your main expectation is to heal.
That's the dumbest thing i've read all day, congratu-****ing-lations.
Priests are nowhere near the top, rogues, fury warriors, destro locks, marksman hunters, and arcane/fire mages will completely devestate shadow priests. Shadow priests are one thing and one thing only, mana batteries. That is all.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Really? 5% helps that much when they apparently can't crunch out the DPS to make it worthwhile?

Wow. Forgive me if I can't see it.

J

jaysonmh

Ive always known shadow priests to be more fun than holy.. I have a shadow priest and i lvld pretty quickly. But like people say. Your a PRIEST so everybody expects you to hbe a healer and when you don't you get all the blame for the wipe.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Warrior kryptonite in PvP if played well.

quinby188

Reaction score
shadow priests are ridiculously good end game. also, the "priests should heal only" is not an accurate description of every server.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It was accurate pre-TBC. Nowadays, every class is raid viable if it has a good player behind. Even retribution paladins, or elemental shamans :p

lolki

Reaction score
hi, it me agai i'm still looking for nothing.
thanks to all that helped me

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
That's the dumbest thing i've read all day, congratu-****ing-lations.
Priests are nowhere near the top, rogues, fury warriors, destro locks, marksman hunters, and arcane/fire mages will completely devestate shadow priests. Shadow priests are one thing and one thing only, mana batteries. That is all.
lol, Marks hunters top DPS? Sorry, even with full T6, BM flat-out destroys Marks by a long shot.

Give a BM hunter a built group like rogues, locks, and fury warriors ALWAYS get, and you'll have someone that can obliterate meters. Think around 2.2k+ DPS provided the pet/hunter don't get gibbed.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Sorry, numbers were off. 2k in the tank group (BS + LotP), 2.5k on Souls with a resto shaman.

Should be well over 2k for Council.