SC:G pulls a Duke Nukem Forever

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Blizzard Entertainment(R) Focuses Console-Development Plans on Next-Gen Platforms
IRVINE, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—March 24, 2006—Blizzard Entertainment Inc. today announced plans to focus the company’s console-development efforts on the next generation of console platforms. As part of this shift in focus, Blizzard(R) will indefinitely postpone production on StarCraft: Ghost(TM) while evaluating opportunities for utilizing the additional power of the new and upcoming console systems.

“Like many in the industry, we’ve been impressed with the potential of the new consoles, and we’re looking forward to exploring that potential further,†stated Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to allowing us to determine the best course for StarCraft: Ghost, this review period will help us lay the groundwork for our future console games.â€

In the months ahead, Blizzard will further evaluate the next-gen console technology and determine the best plan of action for offering a StarCraft(R) console-gaming experience that meets the company’s expectations and those of its players. Further specifics on plans for StarCraft: Ghost and Blizzard’s future console games, as well as platform and release information, will be revealed at a later date.
Hah. Looks like we wait longer.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Biske on 12-31-2005 said:
On a side note, I feel they have seriously hindered their sales of the final product by delaying it more than Half Life 2 was...has it gotten that far yet? Or wait, will it become the next Duke Nukem Forever(A game that was announced for some date like 2000 and is still in production)?
One phrase: Saw it coming.

Looks like we wait longer? Looks like we go and kill Blizzards CEO, that's what it looks like we'll do.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Go for it. It's not worth it now though to kill someone over such an (obviously) scrapped project.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Wow, I never thought Blizzard would sink so so low.
Wow, another ****ing 5 years?
wow, I thought they game was almost completed with all the public testing.
Wow, I thought the graphics looked fine enough and pretty much everyone owns a Xbox or PS2.
Wow, nevermind, PS3 has backwards capabilities.
wow, they REALLY ****ing blew it
Wow, no one was going to buy the game now expect for a few
wow, do you think people are really going to buy the****ing game now?
Wow, I'm NOT getting a 360 or PS so they CAN EAT ME

* I edited all the swears and slurs out. Blizzard is a **** monger*

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
i was jsut looking at duke nukem forever... graphics looks real bad. anyways, **** im not gonna buy sc ghsot.

Biske

Reaction score
Well, DNF looked sweet back when it was announced, like 1998 or so.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
After postponing it like ten times, it better make me **** out my ear. I don't care when it's coming, but it better bring me to a state of eternal euphoria when it does.

L

Laharl

I'm beginning to doubt that it will ever be released.

What's Duke Nukem anyways?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i really like to see a graph on potential buys from anouced then to today

L

Laharl

Why? I'd think that the number of potential buys would have gone up (to a peak) then slowly have begun to plummet. Way to go, Blizzard.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Damnit .

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Why? I'd think that the number of potential buys would have gone up (to a peak) then slowly have begun to plummet. Way to go, Blizzard.
i like graphs :(

L

Laharl

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Blizzard is a bad company.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
And you're wrong. Blizzard is not at all a bad company. Just because they release shit a little bit late, doesn;t make them a abd companyt.

L

Laharl

The fact that they don't seem to get it into their heads that pissing off your customers is never good. And yes, it does make them a bad company. Being consistently late is never good.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's not exactally their fault for all the delays. They just don't want to ship a halfassed game. Look at Wc3. It was pushed back about 2 years, same with WoW. Diablo II was pushed back at least a year, and SC:BW was pushed back about 5 months.

Biske

Reaction score
And Ghost takes the cake with 5 years...right?...2001...2...3..4....yeah. And half-assed? This game has been completed like twice, each time to be scrapped for a new build.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Because it didn't meet Blizzard specs.

L

Laharl

And according to many people I know who played World of Warcraft it's half baked with more bugs than a home in a third world country.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Tell that to the 1.5+ million people that play.