BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1.09 Legit PvP Zon

Submitted by Guru

1.09 Legit PvP Zon

Stats-
Str-depends on bow and equipment you choose, but enough to use ur heaviest item with the additional str from your other items.
Dex-rest
vita-140-150
nrg-base

Skills

Multi-10 or less
Guided-max
Critical strike-max
dodge/evade/avoid-10-15
pierce-enough for 50% chance to pierce, or more if you just play pubbies
1 in all of passive skills

Items (legit)

helm- 8/8/20 40/15ias gaze, or 40/15ias 08 gaze if where ever you're dueling its considered legit.
armor- 160/60 Ias armor with 90+ life
ammy- Cats eye
ring- 20 dex raven
ring- 10-11ll ring with nice mods
boots- travlers
gloves- crafted gloves with ll and 20ias
belt- 8/15 string
weapon- windforce for pubbies, or for private duels CMBoE, CMBoA, you get the picture...
NOTE-if you use wf, you MUST 40/15 it, or in last resort sheal it so you hit the 8 fps breakpoint. If you use CMBoE, you must put 2x 40/15s in it (don't waste a sheal on such a bow) to hit the 7 fps breakpoint

Charms- If in pubbies, as many 290s and 20 to life small charms are you can get, in private duels as many 3/20/20s and vita charms you can get

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All-Around PvP Vita-Barb *revised* *v. 2.0*

Submitted by Guru

All-Around PvP Vita-Barb *revised* *v. 2.0*

*NOTE- will not win in barb vs barb (unless dueling another vita barb)

Skills:

WW: max
sword mastery: max
shout: max
BO: max
battle command: 1 point on it
inc speed: get it up to lvl 13ish with items
natural resist: 1
iron skin: 1 (or if you have xtra skill points, put them into here or zerk)
inc stanima: 1
zerk: 1 (or if you have xtra skill points, put them here or iron skin)
(1 on all pre requirements)

stats:

str: 156 (stormshield adds and extra 30 so u can use CB/valor/ect)
dex: 222 at clvl 99 (2 less for every 1 level less, in example lvl 98= 220 dex = 75% blockage)
vita: rest
energy: none

items (legit):

sword: 40/15 IAS Gf, CCBoQ, etheral CCBoQ, ect.
helm: 40/15 max Arreats
armor: 40/15 max Shaft
sheild: stormshield 40/15 max
boots: travlers
gloves: IK gauntlets
belt: 8/15 string
ring: 20 dex raven
ring: dual leech ring
ammy: Cats eye
war cry weapons on switch

charms: as many 3/20/20s and 20 to life small charms as u can get (or 290s if you duel in pubbies)

*NOTE- If you don't considered 40/15s legit, use 39/15s. If you consider 08s legit, use a 40/15 max 08 gaze and 40/15 max 08 valor instead of shaft and arreats.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Barb vs Barb Tweaker/Cookie cutter build *version 1.0*

Submitted by Guru

Barb vs Barb Tweaker/Cookie cutter build *version 1.0*

*NOTE-This will build will pretty much only kill barbs, its pretty much useless on everything else.

Key factors in BvB:

1. Damage over life
2. Since you have low life, life leech is what will keep you alive.
3. Damage reduction and blockage are also very key to staying alive.

Stats:

Str-Rest
Dex- 222 @ clvl 99
vita- base
nrg- base

Skills:

WW: max
sword mastery: max
shout: max
BO: max
battle command: 1 point on it
inc speed: 1
natural resist: 1
iron skin: stack/max
inc stanima: 1
zerk: 1
1 on all pre requirements

(if you want to win, you cant really substitute for other items (unless dueling n00bs), and these items may be very xpensive/hard to get)Items (legit):

Sword(with eth rune)-CCBoQ (once ethed the rest should be 40/15 maxs), or etheral CCBoQ (zod eth), ect.
Sheild- 40/15 max stormshield
Helm- 40/15 max 8/8/20 Gaze
Ring-11ll ring with nice stat bonuses
Ring-11ll ring with nice stat bonuses
Ammy-Rare barb ammy with LL
Armor-160/60 Max armor /w life
Belt-8/15 string
Boots-travlers
Gloves-crafted 6ll blood gloves with nice mods
Switch-3+ war cry weapons on switch

*NOTE-If you don't consider 40/15s legit, use 39/15 maxes. And if you consider 08s legit, use 08 gaze instead.

Once again, this will only kill barbs and quill rats.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Vindicator/Templar

Submitted by Misterwhippy

A vindi-temp is a pally that uses FoH and Smite as its main attacking skills. coupled with the right aura, and good practice and skill, these can become strong paladins. Smite is a great skill, although it does not leech, it does have ITD and cant be defended against, and immense damage at higher levels. FoH is a great sorce of ranged damge. dishing out 2k+ lightning damage at higher levels.

Skills:
MAX FoH
MAX smite
MAX holy sheild
MAX Fant
1 in vigor
1 in holy freeze
1 in lightning resist (well worth it for lightning sorcs, or other FoH pallys)
1 or more (stack if you like) in conviction

Stats
148str for vortex sheild, your highest str req.
109dex for phase blade, your highest dex req.
remember you have a shako on so subtract 2 str and dex from those to save points. you also have +15 dex from waterwalks so subtract another 15 dex.
rest in vita.
if you put any in mana, then you should have your hands cut off

Items:

weapon
- Silence phase blade - a phase blades -30 base speed plus the 20 ias from silence, gives you max smite speed. although with Fant, its alredy maxed.

helm
- Shako (09) - a shako has great mods on it. +2 skills, 10 dr, +life and mana. Jah it (increase max life 5%) and you'll have a great helm.

Boots
- Waterwalks (perfect 65 life) - good run walk, lots of life. great all around boots

Belt
- perfect DR string - 15 dr is great against phyical damage attackers. Leech doesent matter, because smite doesent leech
- Tgods - Good lightning absorb against FoHers or Lightning sorcs. +20 str and vita is great.

Gloves
- Bloodfists - I chose these for the +life, FHR. You dont really need the ias on these gloves, but its a nice mod to have. the FHR really helps against slutty knockback, and stunning assassins. You could go Magefists if you want a little faster cast. (im not sure about the BPs for faster cast, but i dont think 25% would make much of a difference) and for the regenerate mana.

Sheild
- Griswolds sheild - a great sheild, tons of smite damage with Holy sheild on. it has 3 inherent sockets, which is nice. I chose to go 3x ber with mine, but its up to you.
- Herald of zack - I dont use this so much. it has lower smite damage. But it also has +skills and +resists. A nice sheild if your only using FoH.
1.10 note: Exile looks to be a promising runeword. drop that into a vortex sheild, mad smite damage +it would make smite leech from life tap. drop this into an etherel vortex sheild for added defence (it repairs duribility, so no worries)

Armor
- shaft - great DR, great life. jah it for additional life
- guardian angel - +15 max all resists. +2 skills another good armor for when you dont need the dr. jah this too.

Rings
- SOJ - +1 to skills is nice. and has increase max mana, which is nice in pure FoH duels. although i usually use one of these full time
- BK ring - +life +skills. great ring. 2 of these would also be good. once again, leech doesent matter becuase smite doesent leech.
- perfect raven - cold absorb is nice against cold sorcs. it had +20 dex (if perfect) which never hurts

amulet
this ones really up to you. a nice crafted blood one with +run walk and 20 or more life. +str or dex are also great mods. resists are important, try to get at least 15 on your ammy.

charms
- 10 combat charms. they add great damage to FoH and smite. +life on them is also a great mod
- for your other 10 spots you can play around with FHR charms, FRW charms, resist charms, and life charms. depending on what class your dueling.

Gear NOT to use
- duel leech rings - you dont leech so, loose them.
- Storm sheild. yes. DONT use a storm sheild. it has crappy smite damage, and if you need the dr 3x ber your gris sheild.
- vamp gaze - you dont need leech. and you dont need the DR if you have your dr gear on.
- 40/15ias/max jewels. you dont get any bonus from them for smite.
- +max damage charms. no smite damage added.
- war travs - they dont add any damage, but the +life and str is nice, i still wouldent reccommend them. you get more life from the waterwalks.

Strategies
This is going to be short, because you'll develop your own tactics. remember your a smiter. so you DONT need leech.

Amazon
Use your DR gear here. Shaft, string, gris sheild (3x ber). amazons are usually fast, so use vigor and FoH them a few times if you can. once youve got them stunned with FoH a few times, smite them. Amazons usually have low vita too. so 3-4 FoH's should, if not kill them, leave hardly any life left. amazons guided can go around corners, FoH cant, nor can it shoot over a wall. try to get them in the open as best you can. use holy freeze if theyre to fast, to slow them some. Convict them before you do FoH and it'll lower theyre resists consideribly. if a guided is locked onto you then run into a wall and turn 90 degrees and it'll go into the wall. natural obsticals are your best friend in this situation. watch out for knockback and peirce. those things will take you down consideribly almost every time. Amazons are formidable opponents, so dont be surprised if you have trouble aginst them

Paladins
- the zealer - its probably a good idea to wear the DR gear just incase. these guys can leech, and with zeal, cut you down fairly quickly, if they have a jump on you. Try and FoH them, then switch to fant and Smite, and knock their asses back. once youve gotten in a smite or two, you should have them.
- the FoHer - wear resist gear. (GA, Tgods). FoH them as best you can. Smite them if you get the chance.
- the smiter - DR gear. just smite them back. if they dont use a vortex sheild you should have the upper hand.
- the vindi-temp, your double - wear a shaft and Tgods. just FoH them and when theyre stunned get in a smite or three.

Necromancers
wear your resist gear. and avoid the bone spirits. if they use poisen nova, use an ammy with 75% poisen length reduction, and + skills. Good necros have many tools at their disposal, and can take you down with no trouble. use run walk charms for your extra 10 slots. A good necro will be fast, much faster then you. FoH them. throw in a smite if you get the chance. Against the good necro, you'll probably go down in a long duel. they just have to many skills that can beat you.

druids
shouldent be a problem. if its an elemental, use resist gear and just FoH their ass. if its a shapeshifter, Smite them. it should be no match for them.

assassins
a formidle opponent. i havent had much experence against them. but dont let them stun lock you or your a dead man. they usually attack fast melee, so throw in as many smites as possible.

Barbarians
Use the DR gear. Their WW will be annoying, somthing you will have a hard time smiting at. convict them and use FoH and run around like no tommorw.

Sorceress
use your Tgods and GA, a raven if its an orb sorc. Theres really no use in trying to chase one of these guys down. stay in one place and have them come to you. if you have full lightning resist and Tgods on, then the TS shoudlent hurt you to bad. stay away from the main part of the orb. convict them and FoH them, then run. if its a fire sorc, theyre probably going to use hydras to trap you in. run around and try to FoH them.

Credit Where Credit is Due. I got some infomation from this helpfull guide found here.

theres your pally. they make a formidable opponent. theyre a very fun build for those seeking a challenge. Happy dueling.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zealot PvM pally

Submitted by Foolz

This is a setup of what my paladin is like. He kills everything pretty easy in hell. His main stuff will be using just holy shield, fantacism, and zeal. He'll swing extremely fast and attack so fast you shouldn't have a problem. He's not much of a PvP. Mainly a PvM

Skills

Max Zeal
Max Holy Shield
Max Fantacism

Stats

Str: Enough to use stormshield.
Dex: Enough for phase blade if you use one. You won't need much because Fantacism will boost your attack up, and Holy Shield will help you block a alot better.
Vit: All the rest of points will go into this
Energy: Leave it base

Gear

Helmet
Vampire gaze, has nice damage reduction. Has leech, won't have to pot all that often.

Armor
Shaftstop, also has nice damage reduction.

Shield
Stormshield, also has nice damage reduction. You don't really have to worry about it's crappy smite damage because you will not be using it. Or if you want to use a Herald of Zak that isn't that bad either. But either way with Holy Shield you could take one of the crappiest shields and make it into something good.

Belt
String of Ears, also helps out with the damage reduction. And with the leech

Amulet
I use a crescent moon amulet, it doesn't really matter all that much which one you use. Something that adds to life.

Gloves
Ones that help out your attack speed. Lava Burn's are what I use.

Boots
A set of gore riders would be good enough. Or a pair of pain spure battle boots. Something that helps you run faster.

Rings
A Ravenfrost and a soj isn't all that bad to use. Or if you have a corruption grip ring, replace that with the soj.

Weapon
Lightsabre isn't all that bad. Or a Baranar's Star. But if you can get your hands on a Schaefer's Hammer, use that, it adds +50 to life. 20 increased attack speed and 20% chance to cast level 10 static field on enemy, so their be weakened a great deal. Adds +75 to lightning resistance. And then if you have an ohm rune, socket it with that, and you'll be swinging like 10 times a second!

Charms
As many small 20 to life vita charms as you can get. And maybe some offtensive aura charms.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maxxbot's (m00's now) PvP wolf guide (part 1)

Submitted by mOO

Maxxbot's (m00's now) PvP wolf guide

Hi I am maxxbot. How would you like a good all around dueling character that has good life, dmg, and speed? The druid class is so often overlooked and the druid is considered "weak" by so many people that few know that they can be a powerful and versatile dueler. This druid will geared towards melee duels but with some small equipment changes will be able to fight a wide range of different characters. WW druids are also good for team duels with their spirits, summons, and tanking ability (not to mention their good dmg).

Skills

Skill choices for a PvP druid are fairly simple.

Maxed WW
Maxed Lycan
Maxed Fury
Ravens to level 5 with gear

Now for the spirit debate:
Sage: As you probably know oak sage adds to the druid's already high life. This can make you very hard to kill and have good tanking ability. Since this is a wolf the AR is not too much of an Issue and sage can help make up for all the points and dex for you shield.
HoW: You probably would think that I was a sage fan after reading that last part. I personally prefer HoW. Damage is king for many reasons, for people who use low damage weapons this is crucial so you can do good damage. The AR is also nice for dueling (bears and zealots in particular, they have good defense). HoW gives me around 600 extra damage and 3000 extra AR. Also remember that more damage = more leech.
Winner? I would say HoW but the choice is up you. Pump this up to 20 with your equipment on or max it for 1.10.

Now with your extra skill points. I would go ahead and put the rest of your points into grizzly. A lot of people will tell you to put them in feral rage but the truth is feral isn’t used that much in melee duels.

Stats

STR: enough to equip your stormshield. If you are wearing items that boost your strength pump it to 156 after those items (you’re probably not going to get popped).
Dex: Enough for max block. After you get you storm on just click dex till you have 75% .
Vita: everything else
Energy: Base

Equipment

Unfortunately if you aren’t moderately wealthy a PvP druid is very hard to equip. Druids need some really expensive items to work well. I will try to give alternate options for less wealthy players.

I am going to present equipment in a different manner than most guides you will see. I will rate different items by how good of a PvP item they are on a scale of 1-10 and include items that pooper players can afford. I will also give socketing advice. For armor you can replace what I said with a shael rune (FHR), a BER rune (DR), a Cham rune (Cannot be frozen), or a plain ED jewel.

Note: Yes, this is similar to darius's barb guide if you have read it. I am not "copying" his idea I just happen to like the way he presents this part of the guide.

1-2: Don't use this unless you don’t absolutely have to
3-4: a poor PvP item. Try to get something better
5-6: a descent PvP item, fine if you are not very wealthy
7-8: a Good PvP item, stats geared towards PvP with good mods.
9-10: a Very nice PvP item, perfect stats and "godly" mods.

Socketing: I will also recommend

Helm:

10/10 08 gaze: This is a hard item to get legitly. There are dupes floating around for cheap, do not buy them. If you found this or traded for it in 08 it is a perfect item (will get you full dr with SS/string). This item has 8% dual leech and Socket: ED/MAX jewel

9/10 09 gaze: This is an easier to get item. Try to get one with good leech and dr. You will need to put a BER rune in this or another piece of armor to get full DR. This item has 6-8% dual leech and 15-20% DR as its main good points. Socket: BER rune or ED/MAX

8/10 CoT: for the shaft setup this is my favorite helm. Great dex bonus, good life bonus and HUGE 9-12% LL make this a very nice helm. Socket ED/MAX

7/10 Jalals: Usually most of a PvM helm but works nicely in PvP also. +4 To shapeshfting, along with a big dual stat bonus make this a good all-around helm. To bad it doesn't have leech or DR. Socket: gogo ED/MAX

Ammy:

9/10 Highlords wrath: Sure it isn't "godly" or rare but the stats are perfect for PvP druids. The 08 version has F R/W but as most 08s it has been duped .

Other amulets: the choice here is small. Some crafts can be good (+2 skill, leech ect. but highlords is hard to beat)

Weapon:

This one is has a LOT of options. I will give you some background information on fury before I start this section. The fury attack has 5 parts. The first attack is normal speed and the next four are "fury" attacks with increased speed. The fury speed of a weapon is express as 5/4/4/4/4 (example) or simply "4 frame" to show the speed of the fury attacks. For PvP you need at least a "5 frame" fury. 4 frames would be better. Since Wolves using fast weapons need all IAS to be on the weapon you need weapon with a lot of IAS. If you are planning on using a weapon other than the ones I show you need to consult a fury speed table to find out how much IAS you weapon will need. TheDragoon has a nice fury equation and some tables but I will let you find those on your own. My socketing options I give are the best options for the weapon.

10/10: Cruel cryptic of quickness: Very fast, very high damage, and very expensive! If you are uber rich this is your weapon! 4-frame fury and can do over 400 max dmg. The min damage is low so it is sort of a "gamble" using this weapon as to if your going to hit min or max. Sockets: Must be socketed with 3x ED/IAS to get 4-frame fury

10/10 cruel myth and Conquest of quickness: These aren't quite as good as the cryptic but they are still extremely powerful and expensive. They have more stable min/max than cryptic but do a bit less average damage. Conquest has ones less avg. dmg and a smaller range than myth. Keep in mind these swords are still far beyond what most duelers will ever get. Sockets: Hits 4-frames with 2x shael and 1x ED/IAS

10/10 cruel fanged knife of quickness: A very nice (and still pretty expensive) weapon. The beauty of the fanged is that it gets damage from dex as well as STR. Since druids have high dex for max block this ends up boosting the dmg above that of weapons with similar min/max. Socket 1x shael + 1x ED/IAS

8.5/10 cruel phase of quickness: This is a small step below the fanged but still a fast and powerful weapon. Its damage is very similar to that of the griz caddy. Socket: 2x ED/IAS for 4 frame fury.

8.5/10 griz caddy: this one is popular. With damage similar to a cruel phase of quickness this is by far the most popular option for rich PvP druids. It is very rare and has been duped/botted so make sure to try to get a legit one. Socket 3x ED/IAS.

8/10 E-Star: The opinions on this one are mixed. This is a 5-frame weapon but it has good damage, an awesome AR boost. And a great 3-600 elemental dmg. When ethereal it has 240 max damage so you will hit hard. Some people put this above the caddy/cpbq but I think it is a bit below the two, 4 frames are important. E-stars are cheap though . Socket: shael, you can't zod it anyway (because of a bug) and zodded would be too slow.

7/10 FFK/FPB: These are also ok options. Their damage and speed is below that of the above weapons (5 frame again) but fury has some nice mods like deadly strike, 40%IAS and IDT via eth rune. I would say if you can afford a fury just use E-stars instead.

6/10 Normal bstar: This is the lowest end viable PvP druid weapon. Same mods as e-star but low damage. Socket it with shael.

2/10 Schaefer’s hammer: The only reason I put this here is that a lot of n00b druids that think they are big furry palas. Druids CAN NOT make good use of slow weapons like paladins can. I see druids twinked out with full pala gear all the time (ED/IAS Armor, Lo runes where shaels are needed and very slow weapons). You will NEVER beat a good druid dueler legitly with this weapon since you will attack less than half their speed and you will get blocklocked indefinitely, well actually not for long because you will die fast.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maxxbot's (m00's now) PvP wolf guide (part 2)

Armor:

This is where druids sort of split into two categories. Some druids use shaftstop so they can use any helm they would like and some use armor with no dr that forces them to use a gaze. If you are wealthy go for the gaze setup and get some good armor. If you aren't the shaft setup is fine.

10/10 ED/MAX armor of the whale for melee wolves foot speed and def aren't a huge issue so any armor will work. Try getting some good ED/MAX jewels with different colors (40/15max red is the dupe on west). This is the ultimate armor for a PvP wolf. My wolf uses 148/60 armor that adds over 1000 to his max damage! I would recommend this over any other armor because as you know damage is king this armor adds a whole lot of it. With "of the whale" you also get a nice life bonus (80*100 IIRC). This armor is expensive and there are dupes out there so I would recommend not trying to buy this in the channels.

10/10 legit 08 valor: Warning, this armor was duped like mad. The def on the duped on is 1554 so try to get a valor with a different def then that. If you do manage to get a legit 08 valor (good luck) then you have a very nice armor. The main stat in this armor is the insane life bonus. It adds 2.5 to vitality and life per level. +2 skills aren’t bad either. This armor allows you use a ton of max charms and still have a good amount of life. Socket: ED/MAX or cham. If you have a legit 08 valor do not ruin it with a bad socket!

8/10 Shaftstop: this is a pretty common and cheap armor. It gives 30% dr and 60 life. The DR allows a lot of flexibility with equipment and the armor looks cool too . Socket: ED/MAX or cham (shael is an ok socket also).

8/10 Lionheart: There are better options for PvP but this is still a very nice armor. ED, HUGE stat bonuses, and resists make this a great armor (especially good for dueling elemental chars or b-star users). If you did not know already the runes for it are hel-lum-fal. Try to socket it in an archon plate or wire fleece (wire fleece looks damn cool on a druid, has good def, and is light).

8/10 09 Valor: Again, there are better options but this is descent armor. The life bonus got quite a nerf from 08. It is down to only .5 per clvl and the life bonus is gone. +2 skills are nice and it also has 30% FHR. Socket: edmax or cham.

Shields:

10/10 Stormshield: It is not very expensive or rare but this is the only shield that will work well for a PvP druid dueler. If you cannot afford a storm I would suggest for you to stick with PvM for a while and build some wealth. With a great block rate, super DR (35%), fast block speed, and good resists this is the ultimate shield for basically any character. If you don't use this you don't have much of a chance because chances are that your opponent will be using it . Socket: Shael will make you block one frame faster and IMO is worth it but if you absolutely have to socket something else ED/MAX or cham is ok.

Belts:

10/10 String of ears: Another no brainer. No other belt will beat the good old string for a druid. 6-8% ll and 15% dr make this the belt of choice for most people.

Gloves:

10/10 Blood craft gloves: these can have good stats like 6%ll, 10% crushing blow, and stat/skill bonuses.

8/10: Bloodfists: These are some nice gloves. These have 30% FHR, +to life, +min, and more.

Boots:

9/10: Gore riders: Deadly strike, crushing blow, these are great boots for a PvP druid.

8/10: War travelers: The damage they add won't be as significant as the deadly strike on the gore riders but they are still a goof option if you want a more consistent damage bonus.

Rings:

10/10 11% blood craft leech rings: These rings are great for druids. 11% leech, dual stats, and +life are all possible on these rings.

8/10 9-10% blood craft rings: For the less wealthy people. Still good amounts of leech and can have some good stats.

That about sums it up for equipment. Now I will go over one of the most crucial things for a druid dueler. Charms are what really make or break a good dueler.

Charms:

10/10 Sharp grand charms of Maiming: Otherwise known as "14 max" charms. These add a TON of max damage and good amounts of AR. If you can afford these try to put a few of them in your inventory for an incredible damage and AR boost

10/10 fine small charms of vita: Otherwise knows as "3/x/x charms" charms. These add a good amount of damage and a great amount of life. If you need more life try to get some of these. These, like the 14 maxes are very expensive.

10/10 Sharp grand charms of balance: to add 12 FHR, up to 10max, and good amounts of AR use these.

9/10: other good duel mod charms: Charms like 10max/XX/30+ GC and 3/xx/5FHR. Still pretty expensive but more affordable than the 3/x/x and the 14 max.

7/10: single mod charms like "sharp grand charm" and "small charm of vita": good dual mod charms are very expensive and hard to get. You can still do fine using a lot of single mod charms like these.

Now we are totally done with equipment. There are a few things that your dueler should have in order to be a good PvP druid.

1. 3K+ life (Important, but not as important as damage and leech)
2. 3K+ damage (This is the most important one, after all damage is king)
3. ~30%+ leech (leech is also very important in duels)
4. 48% FHR (you will want this for dueling fast chars like bears, jabbazons, and zealots, or just other wolves)
5. 4 or 5 frame attack (4 is the best, 5 is still good. Never go above 5 frames)

Now you are fully equipped and ready to duel. Next I will go over the dueling strategies for different classes. Strategy is obviously important with a druid because they aren't as overpowered as come chars (we have to use strategy to make up for the overpowered skills of certain characters). One think a lot of guides so is make everything sound too easy. I play Diablo 2 a lot and from experience I know that dueling today’s standard pubic duelers can be though, especially with the all of the hacked/duped items. Even in games are known as "legit" passworded games druids and other chars often use 08 valors, 08 gazes, imp shanks, 160/60 armor, and other powerful duped items. A lot of them however lack skill. This is where we have to outsmart them.

I will rate the difficulty of the duels from 1-10; I still start with the harder classes.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maxxbot's (m00's now) PvP wolf guide (part 3)

Sorceress:

DR/Block orb/tstorm sorc: difficulty: 9/10
This will be one of your toughest duels. Fast cast with teleport, dr, and block make these sorcs hard to kill. DR, leech, and blocking are not needed here. Load up on resists, absorb, and faster run. Use a 2-handed weapon with a lot of range. Range is of major importance here. When the duel starts start running away from the sorc. When she teleports near you hold down shift and fury to try to get some hits in. Try to get out of the way of the orbs. She will likely have high level cold mastery making your cold resist useless. Don't run after her because if you do she is certain to lay down a bunch of orbs in your path. Sorcs have bad block speeds and FHR so try to lure her into a bad position and get her into a blocklock. This will be a though duel I admit and you likely will not win if the sorc has good strategy and gear.

DR/Block Nova Sorc: difficulty 6/10
This will be a much easier duel. Load up on light resists. Put on a guardian angel and tgods. This time she won’t be able to keep distance because she needs to be close to deal damage. Again a big 2 hander with good range will work the best. As with the orb/ts sorc run away from her. She will certainly tele next to you and start to nova. Shift-fury her every time she does this and you will likely win this duel.

Hydra/fireball sorc: difficulty: 7/10
Obviously you will need fire resists for this one. She will try to set up a bunch of hydras and lure you into them. Again you should run away from her forcing her to tele over to you. Fireball isn’t too hard to dodge she will likely be teleporting all over the place with a lot of fast cast. Use the same techniques as described above for orb/tstorm

Barbarian:

S/S WW barb: difficulty 10/10
This is one tough duel! Put in your full dr/block/leech gear for this one. Don't summon your bear because they will just use it to leech off of. When the duel starts try to find a good corner. Don't try to dodge their WW and get a hit in near the end. You will just end up getting a WW right though you and lose a lot of life. Once you are at the corner you are now pretty safe for their WW. Shift-fury to get hits on them. You will want a weapon with good range here since they will try to stay out of your range and get hits in with WW if they are smart. If they start zerking then you will be able to get their life down a lot. Zerk does a lot of damage but it doesn’t leech and it is not very fast so you will be getting plenty of hits in leeching life back. If you get lucky and the barb isn't very smart you can win this. If it is a skilled tweaker barb with nice equipment you probably won't. This is the worst match up for a druid.

Amazon:

Bowazon: difficulty 8/10
Load up on faster run/walk stuff for this duel. When you start dueling she will probably throw out a bunch of guided arrows in your direction. Move out of the way and get around the back of her. When she starts running for you chase after her. When you get close to her shift-fury and try to hit her. Don't just lock your mouse down because then you will not attack until you are right next to her, not using the range of your weapon. If you are faster then her you have a good chance at winning this.

Jabbazon: difficulty 7/10
These can be a real pain. Their attack can be faster then yours (constant 4-frame) and it is uninterruptible. Make sure to have all your minions out too. If you have a 4fpa attack you should do pretty well. They won't have much life unless they use duped 08 valors or something. If your grizzly gets some hits in and stuns her then they duel is probably over.

Necromancer:

Poison and bone: difficulty 8/10
This can be a hard duel. Get a ton of faster run/walk and some poison resists. Make sure you have a lot of leech to counter the iron maden. Put on a guardian angel or other resist armor. Try to get feral charged on something to help counter it also. Don't let them get you caught in a bone wall! Run around a dodge their bone spirits as best you can. Get close to them and try to get some hits in without getting blasted by bone spirits. If you get trapped in a bone wall knock it down and get out of there as fast as you can. If you are fast you should have a fairly good chance.

Druid:

Melee wolf/bear: difficulty 6-9/10
The difficulty of this one ranges a lot. Some of the druids I duel I can kill within seconds. Sometime I get killed within seconds (gogo garbad), and sometimes the duel can last for a long time (I have had a 10 minute duel). Since you are dueling someone very much like yourself you have to outsmart them to win. When the duel starts shift-fury them to get the first hit. Have all of your pets out to distract them and do damage. If your spirit dies run back and recast it right away. Try to charge up feral a bit to get extra leech. A good tip for bears is to kill their spirit right away because they will lose a lot of AR and damage when you do (most of them use HoW). If they have you out geared this can be a very difficult duel.

Elementalists: difficulty 6/10:
I am to lazy to finish this up >_<.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
helthbro druid

Submitted by bamthedoc

Healthbro Druid

In anycase, I've found druids good for one thing, giving life to allies. So this Druid reflects that. He requires a lot of patients, but, once he gets his Hellslayer and a high enough level, he will show you his true worth. Keep in mind that this guy relies on Oak Sage, and, without the OS, he will likely die. He is also decent at PvP if you can get a strat locked down and find a good weapon combinations.

STATS:

STR: 180+
DEX: 150+
VIT: Rest
ENG: Base

SKILLS:

MAX Lacenthrapy (sp?)
MAX Oak Sage
MAX Werewolf
MAX Fury
10+ Feral Rage
5+ into ONE of the vine skills (life preferable)

OPTIONAL SKILLS:

1+ Cyclone Armor
5+ into ONE of the summoning skills

EQUIPMENT:

WEAPON 1 Hellslayer
WEAPON 2 Islestrike
SHIELD 2 Lidless
HELM Lycander's
ARMOR Gladiator's Bane (or other good armor)
AMULET Best Druid amu you can find
RING 1 ll/ml ring
RING 2 ll/ml ring
BOOTS Wartravs
BELT SoE (or other good belt)
GLOVES crafted ll ring

CHARMS:

10-20 20 to life sc
3+ druid skill charms

As you can see, he has a lot of ll. He will need it without a shield, but the Hellslayer allows for a huge amount of damage. OS also allows for an interesting climb in life. One important thing to note is flexibility in equipment.

Credit where credit is due:
I'm sure I found this at http://www.gamefaqs.com some time ago, but I haven't found it in a while.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Elemental Druid

Patch v1.09 Elemental Druid

Submitted by Guru???

Stats:

Str- 180 for valor
Dex- enough for max blockage
vita- rest
energy- base

Skills:

Armagedan- Max
Oak sage- Max
Cyclone armor- Max
Volcano- stack
1 in pre-required skills.

**NOTE- A skill with no Cast delay is not needed, because the only ones are twister, tornado, and a few others. The problem with those are they do low damage, are Very inaccurate, easy to dodge, and move slowy. So no need to waste skill points in those.

Items (legit)(USeast):

Earthshaker hammer (Or, if You for some reason don't have enough mana, use wiz spike)
cham Stormshield
08 non bugged vAlor
2x sojs
um, ber, Or jah Jalals mane
adulrs boots
perfect 30% mara
15 dr string or glooms trap
frosties (if you need mana) or magefist

As for charms, get 10x elemental charms With life mods and the rest 5 f/r charms

Strategy:

This build is most effective vs melee characters. Cast armagedan, run and doNt get hit. It will take a while to kill barbs with bugged valorS, but it can be done. If they decide to stop following You so armagedan wont hit them, stOp and cast volcano right were they are standing. Never get cornered while you are running or yoU are screwed!

(Read sublimial message)

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Basic DR/Block Sorc

Submitted by Bamthedoc

This is your basic DR/Block sorc. She's everywhere.

STR 150
DEX 150
VIT rest
ENE 150

HELM Shako
ARMOR Vmagi and Valor
WEAPON 1 Wizspike
SHIELD 1 SS
WEAPON 2 Occy
SHIELD 2 Lidless
GLOVES Frostburn
BELT SoE
BOOTS Waterwalk
AMULET Mara's
RING 1 Frostraven
RING 2 SoJ

CHARMS
20+ 20 to life sc w/ other mods
2-3 cold skill gc w/ other mods
2-4 light skill gc w/ other mods

SKILLS

MAX Frozen Orb
MAX Thunder Storm
MAX Lightning Mastery
MAX Warmth
5 (or more) Cold Mastery
1 to all prereqs
NO OTHER FIRE SKILLS BESIDES WARMTH

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mephisto and Pindleskin MF Sorceress

Submitted by cvysa118

Mephisto and Pindleskin MF Sorceress.

Stats:

Strength: enough to use heviest item
Dexterity: around 200 for nice blockage
Vitality: Rest
Energy: 100-150

Skills:

TS- Max
Lightning mast- Max
Frozen orb- Max
cold mast- stack
warmth stack
1 in static, energy shield, tele, and all pre-required skills

**NOTE-nova is not needed, it is really only good for cows, and some other masses of monsters, such as those on diablo or baal runs, but not meph or pindle.

Items (Rich)(Legit)(USeast):

6x Ist crystal sword
4x ist monarch
2x bugged con rings
p topaz shako
50% war travlers
Frosties (you need the mana, you will have enough mf with everything else, that 40% from chances wont matter)
P topaz skullders
viper torc ammy
goldwrap

As for charms, get as many 5 resist/7 mfsc or 7 mfscs and 5 resist/20 to life small charms or 20 to life charms as you can.

Items (not so rich, average)(legit):

Ist Ist ali baba, Ist occy, or just ali baba or occy.
rhyme sheild
p topaz shako
p topaz skullders
goldwrap
2x occy rings or bugged con rings
frosties
40+ war travlers
viper torc or 30+ mf ammy

As many 7mfsc and 20 to life small charms as you can get.

**NOTE-Tals is not needed because your resist will be higher enough from the bugged con rings

Strategy

Vs Mephisto.

Tele past the concil, dont stop for them. You should have energy shield and ts on. Static him a few times then just orb orb orb. Try to avoid the lightning attacks, and dodge the orb. If u are too slow to dodge the orb, you should block it, since you have a good amount of dex.

Vs Pindle.

You have TS and energy shield on. Tele there to save time, you will be fine on mana. Once you get to pindle, static about twice, then orb orb orb. His minions will die quick from the orb, and he will die soon after.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cowmancer

Submitted by Bamthedoc

My Cowmancer is great for killing cows FAST. He has little other use. He can PvM with the best of them, and he is a decent rusher. This is what I want him to be later.

STR 100
DEX Base
VIT Rest
ENE 150

HELM Shako
WEAPON 1 Blackhand Key
SHIELD 1 Homunculus
WEAPON 2 Golem (any one) Skill wand
SHIELD 2 Homunculus
ARMOR Trang-Oul (or Valor)
GLOVES Trang-Oul (or Frostburn)
BELT SoE (suggest other legit)
BOOTS Waterwalk
AMULET Mara's
RING 1 SoJ
RING 2 SoJ

CHARMS
+20 life sc (about 20 I guess...)
+skill (poison and bone best) gc

SKILLS
MAX Bone Spirit
MAX Iron Maiden
MAX Golem Mastery
MAX Corpse Explosion
5-10 in Blood Golem
1-3 in other Golems
1 in all curses except extreme left
1 in all prereqs (duh)
10+ in Summon Res
10+ in Skel Mastery (it helps your golems, if not, don't bother)
10+ Bone Shield
1 in Bone Prison
1 in Bone Wall
0 in Poison Nova and Poison Explosion

This may be a popular/useful build in 1.10 too. Keep this guy in mind then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.