Rouge help

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
ok i need some advice tips..i making a rouge and want her to be pvp..but im new and shit and i was thinking would herb/alchemist be good for a rouge? also any tips skills ect would be helpful k thnx bye boi/goodday

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
Herb/Alchemy is a very good choice and can earn you alot of cash at the top 70ies. Many players takes Herb/Mining or Mining/Skinner, Herb/Skinner - you get the idea. Becourse they're two gathering proffessions and brings in alot of cash for selling herbs, bars and skins. Skinner/Leatherworking might be a good choice aswell, but I didnt find LW that great on my rogue. Take some of the gathering proffessions is my advice.

Regarding talent builds. Combat is a very good talent build for leveling, for PvPing you could also take Combat, but aswell Subtetly or Assassination. Whatever they're call. It depends on your play style really. Much like any other classes.

Reaction score
ROGUE..ROGUE..ROGUE..NOT ROUGE..ROGUE

For PvP, there are multiple spec's. I personally recommend the 30/0/31 "Seal Fate Premed Build". Complimented with hard hitting daggers, you'll deal high damage very fast, while at the luxury of having cold blood, seal fate, improved stealth speed and effectiveness as well as being able to use all your cooldowns twice. There are many advantages to PvP in this build.

For professions, in PvP, Engineering is very useful. Grenades and trinkets created by engineering can be used for extra stuns and disables for (1v1<X) fights. To compliment Engineering, i'd recommend Mining to obtain the materials to increase your engineering, and it's also a pretty good money maker.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
For a beginner I suggest Skinning and Mining. You'll get all of your leather fast from skinning because like 80% of the mobs you fight from 1-70 are beasts. Also, when you get lost trying to find quest objectives, or you're just running around, you'll tend to run into a lot of mining nodes.

That being said, as far as spec goes..combat, possibly subtlety..and then worry about a PvP spec at 60 or 70. Personally, I've been considering actually TRYING to play a rogue alliance alt just to see how good they are passed level freakin 10..and from reading forums and shit if I play one I'm probably making combat swords rogue or sub maybe..meh..do what you like though..

Reaction score
For a beginner I suggest Skinning and Mining. You'll get all of your leather fast from skinning because like 80% of the mobs you fight from 1-70 are beasts. Also, when you get lost trying to find quest objectives, or you're just running around, you'll tend to run into a lot of mining nodes.

That being said, as far as spec goes..combat, possibly subtlety..and then worry about a PvP spec at 60 or 70. Personally, I've been considering actually TRYING to play a rogue alliance alt just to see how good they are passed level freakin 10..and from reading forums and shit if I play one I'm probably making combat swords rogue or sub maybe..meh..do what you like though..
Take it from a rogue playing for 3 years, going too deep in Subtlety without other skills in assassination is a death wish. And he suggested his rogue was for PvP..and combat in PvP is like..no. The spec I provided is widely considered to be one of, if not the, best PvP spec's around.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
yea i know i didn't expect tips lol..anyways i already went herbal/alchemist but what about secondary skills?? i accidently got cooking...so what would go with that? so going combat way is no good pvp?

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
You dont have any limit on your secondary skills so feel free to learn them.

P.S. what server?

Reaction score
yea i know i didn't expect tips lol..anyways i already went herbal/alchemist but what about secondary skills?? i accidently got cooking...so what would go with that? so going combat way is no good pvp?
You're able to have cooking, first aid(best secondary skill), and fishing all at the same time. You can also choose 2 Primary Professions which for you is already Herbalism and Alchemy. And Combat in PvP is the most gear-dependant spec for killing, while if you have the high-end gear, you can kick ass (Mace Combat 15/41/5 is win)

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
im still trying to comprehend someterms you guys are throwing at me..im not wow 1337 yet....plz explain

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Combat sucks for PvP? Is it just BGs or Arenas too? I could have sworn I read a lot of praise about it in the forums. And I was personally considering sub for imp stealth, CloS, etc..but I honestly don't know..

As for PvP Glowpole..you're a beginner..so it's going to be tough for you, and to make things worse just about every level bracket has twinks (people with gear and enchants they normally wouldn't have at their level)..so if I were you I'd wait to pvp when you get the hang of it, and when you're high enough to not have to worry so much about twinks..they start to weed out after 39..

Reaction score
Combat doesn't suck in PvP, it's just that unless you have top-end gear to compliment the damage boost and loss of some survivability, it's just not as viable for PvP as 30/0/31 is. Also, maces is probably the top spec for combat currently.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
so i noticed there no particular gear set ups you ca nget...its all random gear you find right? not like omg i have eth botd?

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
d2 was so simple and effective....wow is giving me a head ache....this damn guy kept asking me to party him and all i can do was flail around the buttons.........i think i need to read the manueal or something lol

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
I never touched the manuel. I learned all by myself. \o/

As a rogue, you should go after

Agility
Stamina
Critial Chance
Dodge
Hit Rating

Crit, Agi & Stamina is very important.
Intill your higher level(I guess you being around 10) just take the gear that fills out the gray items. Hope this helps.

Oh.. and ehh..

/invite <insert name here>