RoC & FT CD-Key Changers (all versions)

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
Does the partition letter match? Is it really drive I?

You can use a MPQ editor to change the font\font.ccd inside the war3x.mpq - this is where the cd-key is stored. Unfortunatelly font.ccd is encrypted and I don't know the encryption algorithm, so this is useless for now. Unless someone knows and will share the knowledge with us.

[edit]
In case: Best MPQ Editor so far by Ladislav Zezula is available at his site: www.zezula.net
Remember to download the ListFile, too. It make the prog easier 2 use.

T

trial.of.tears

no its not drive I its drive E. unfortunately the key changer doesnt seem to be able to detect the game or at least the partition :/
i have it in E:\Warcraft III\ but it doesnt seem to notice... dont know why it says drive I :((

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
Check your registry settings using regedit. Perhaps there is a path that is set incorrectly. What have you got assigned to letter I, anyway?

You may also try this in the meantime:
1. don't have your TFT cd inside the cd-rom drive when using keychanger
2. try redownloading the keychanger (if you previously downloaded the attachments, now try the keychangers from my site)
3. close all other unnecessary programs
4. you might have older storm.dll in windows, windows\system32 folder or somewhere where a path is assigned - this must be deleted

If all this fails I susspect your system is infected with viruses. Some viruses attach to executables with no damage to the way they run but some exes are vulnerable and tend to screw up. Scan your system for viruses.

T

trial.of.tears

ok now... letter I is unassigned I have no drive with that name.
the registry is ok i checked it before
i have also tried 2 different versions of the key changer from diff. mirrors thats neither the problem, as well as the cd in the drive.
what do you exactly mean with deleting the storm.dll?
going to system32 and simply delete it? or somewhere else?!
this virus thing could be... i didnt check for a long time... what if i find one? does it help to let an anti-vir tool "repair" or delete it? or is something else required to make this damn key prog work :/
thx for your help btw :)

edit: well i scanned with AVG6 and found no viruses... -.-

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
I'll PM u about this. No point to keep bumpin this thread unless sb else has got a similar problem.