"renissannce"

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
okay, we all should know that the renissannce revived many roman and greek belifs. now, if we had a renissannce of lets say...Imperial Japan...what should we reinvent from that culture?

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Theartre that involves the Ancient Japanese rituals and beliefs...for example...behind Shakespeare's works...he used greek characters and love triangles used in ancient Greek play writes...(which was the beginning of the renissannce period...)
i dunno!? its tricky cause i really know not much about imperial Japan except for its dinasties...cruelty...emperours....etc...but there are arts and many other works incorportating aspects of cultures and bringing them back to life...but now its called more post modernism or contemporary works...:fwink

~Lilu

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
What the hell is your question? So far your last two threads have sounded exactly like something out of a history book, and this one is no different, seeing as your question has no context to anything; I could answer it as 'a “renissannce†to imperial Japan would reinvent Indian and Buddhist beliefs,' or anything else I wanted.
If you're going to post stuff like this, at least include the lecture behind it.
(it’s spelled renaissance)

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
well you see, i got renaissance from history books and wondered what ppl would reinvent from japan for today. Any other country could do, i was mainly using japan as an example but i think i overempathized it.

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
reinvention and using old styles to create something new is happening all the time!
(confound it! i need some examples!:fwink)

~Lilu:p

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
architecture, art, expression, imagination, tradition these and many many other things are reinvented...daily...so there is definitly reinventation going on.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Renaissance was the reborn (that's what the name means) of the forbidden culture (the greek and roman), that was censored to oblivion by the Church.

That never happened in Japan, their culture is still there.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
[Historian]
Renaissance is this period between XV and XVI century.It includes
changes in religion,economy,society,science, and all the knowedge that people had for the world.
Later in the end of XVIII and the beginning of XIX century Japan made its first relations with other countries.It all started with relations with America and like them they quicky developed and reached the hich tech level nowadays.
But Japan hadnt been sth serious,well-known to the world till 1800.The renaissance had ended much earlier so I agree,TrongaMonga- they have nothing to do with that epoch

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I was meaning that Japanese never saw their culture censored (I think), so they didn't had any renaissance.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I mean too.They didnt have renaissance-they made their relations with countries later-thus they didnt know their culture and to make all the new changes.They were peasants who had worked on fields ,animal rearing..thats what i mean

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Any kind of *Renaissance* requires the equivalent of *Middle Ages*. Tronga and Dark Mage are right. There was no Middle Age in Japan. Their culture has never faced *supression*. Therefore the basic *principles* of japanese culture are still here.

PS. Renaissance didn't *reinvent*. It *revived*.

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Galatia
Renaissance didn't *reinvent*. It *revived*.
Yes it did...it revived the invented...so it reinvented...well your right Galatia...but thats what i meant...:p

(i can never find the right words!!:rolleyes: )

~Lilu:fwink

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, it didn't reivented. To Invent is to build from the start. In Renaissance, there were remaiscences (damned english :() of the Greek culture.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I still wish today people made churches just for the sake of studying mythologies, not converting to their religions.

That would be great...especially the church of "Loki intros Heley y Mephisto".(Latin for norse mythology and the prime evils-yes the three prime evils are a real mythology)

Norse and Exodus Horadrim were most likely the greatest mythologies ever...and in case you didn't know the prime evils actually show up in more religions then jesus himself.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ha! How can you even "reinvent" something if the invention is still around? But that's not the topic, merely a more interesting discussion than this "Imperial Japan Renaissance" debate...

Uhm...what exactly was going on in Japan that we would WANT to be reintroduced into society? Maybe...ideas of imperialism? That's a good one to reintroduce. Oh, wait...

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hold on a second... realistically there still is imperialism... ok maybe not to the same extent as in physically but control wise there is...... ok anyways id have to agree with whoever it was who said that japan has never been censored so it can't really have a renaisance... esspecially from imperial japan.... hmm this is a gay thread. no offence

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That's what the "Oh wait" was for. I'm aware that there are degrees of imperialsim in todays world.