PS2 problems

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
I've had some problems with my PS2 and was just wondering if anyone has had the same sorts of problems and might know how to fix them.

First of all, half the time it doesn't play PS1 discs. I've heard a lot of people have this problem, but is there something you can do about it?

Also, I just bought the HDD, and it locks up when I try to complete the registration process by accessing the PlayOnline Viewer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ^_^;;

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
keep PS2 on horitzontal?

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Call Sony using the number on your booklet. They will most likely fix it for free if you send it to the place they tell you to.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
we've tried that. also our ps2 is always on it's side. sony is gonna make us ship it to michigan for repairs, but i dont wanna do that...

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Eventually it won't play anything.

Not playing PS1 discs is like the HIV to AIDS. It is only the beginning.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Call Sony using the number on your booklet. They will most likely fix it for free if you send it to the place they tell you to.
Omg, I spent so much time on tech support x_x They told me to send it Michigan. Even if they fix it for free, it's not worth it to pay shipping and handling charges.

Eventually it won't play anything.

Not playing PS1 discs is like the HIV to AIDS. It is only the beginning.
...Crap. Are you serious?

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
You rock ^_^ Thanks so much, I'll have to test that out and see how it works.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Omg, I spent so much time on tech support x_x They told me to send it Michigan. Even if they fix it for free, it's not worth it to pay shipping and handling charges.
All I had to pay was about $10 to send it there. They paid for the return.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
All I had to pay was about $10 to send it there. They paid for the return.
If all else fails we're probably going to do that, or just sell the HDD/Network Adapter and buy an Xbox. Anyway, we might trade our PS2 for our older brother's PS2, since other than the PS1 game/HDD thing, it works fine, and our bro doesn't have any PS1 games, anyway :p

Still, I really hope we don't have to send out PS2 to Michigan....

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I had that problem, all I had to do is clean it ^_^;;.

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
I got HDD (FFXI) for PS2, and it took me a while to get the disc to read. You have to do it a certain way. If you're still having problems post here, im me (gamechampaz) or PM me.

FuLouZero

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I took apart my Playstation 2 to fix it but one of the screws were striped and not i broke cd cover but it work now Now its all taped up inside cause that screw was un removable -_-.
Dont forget get rubbing Alchoal and Some Q tips and clean the laser.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Okay, so I know what to do to make it play PS1 discs, but what do I do about the HDD?

drax

Member!
Reaction score
hmmm $10 for shipping. that sucks. do they repair it for free? it'll suck if we have to do that if our bro's ps2 doesnt work...anyway the hdd still isnt working. killerme we're waiting for your response, even though u probably cant help -_-;;

HeyNotThere

Reaction score
If you find that you are totally screwed, then get a PS1 Emulator.
I have a PS2, but I use the emulator instead because of the save states, the ability to create infinite amounts of memory cards, and the ability to use my favorite joystick!
If you like, I can send you the one I use, it's great, and I have all the plugins you'll need.