Prototype why it sucked. (spoilers!)

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Not going to bother using the tags. This thread is mainly about the story.

---

Still reading? Kewl.
The story just sucked. Alex Mercer (or whatever you should call that thing) is a loser. First he escapes from that lab. He gets shot by multiple assault rifles, jumps 20 feet high and only saws: "that was easy". WHAT THE HELL. A normal person would go crazy. And then he catches a taxi out of the air. He reacts with: "what do you want from me?" They want you dead, you idiot. Be suprised about the fact that you just catched 3000 pounds worth of metal with your bare hands. The list of stupid stuff goes on and on...

Then his sister gets captured. Finally, he's a bit shocked. Then he in gets her back, and says that saving her is all that matters to him. He gets her back, and Dana is in some post of coma. Sucks to be her. And them what happens? You never hear about her again. The rest of the story just ignores her.

Or the part where he finally gets to that infected bitch that started it all. I was hoping for an epic cgi scene, or at least something cool. Nothing happens. He kills her and moves on.

Or the final boss. How did he become a hunter all of a sudden? Was he the son of that women? It was never explained properly.

The gameplay was awesome, but we got ripped off with the story. IT SUCKED.

What do you all think? Am I over-reacting again?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
well i think that the game was awesome... :|
agreed. Thought the game was pretty damn cool. The character's reaction was a bit soft sometimes, sometimes I did good when I was clearly going for the evil action, and I thought it was bull**** I did 100% of the side missions to clear out the city before some of the main missions but it had no affect on the main missions. But aside from some forgivable things like that, I really enjoyed the game. Played it like an addict