Is this press freedom or ignorance?

• Press freedom

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Ignorance

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
L

Laharl

Many fanatics are killing in the name of Islam, then others wonder why people fear it.

Hmmm.

/ponder.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
please help me :( said:
They love their prophet and they don't celebrate his birthday....Hyppocrites

rofl
Some do, some don't. See this and this.

Pause said:
Islam so peaceful and tolerant.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12009717/

KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan officials, trying to resolve a crisis over an Afghan who may face the death penalty for converting to Christianity, struggled on Saturday to satisfy conflicting international and domestic demands.
I don't think you are allowed to convert out of Islam in some countries, and Afghanistan is one of them. I do know you have to go through syariah law to convert out and seek approval. However, the reason that this is such an issue is because, in Afghanistan, there is nothing else besides syariah law. Therefore he is subject to it.

If anything, you are against the death penalty.*

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I never really understand this caricature thing. Why would anyone make a big fuss about it. The Christian God is caricatured all the time, as is Elvis or other persons of popular media. It's OK if you like those but if you can't cope with criticism you have issues. Nobody's forcing anyone to read anything, so shut your crybaby whining. Get over it.

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dont think its so much the press that is ignorant, but the rioters.

you dont see christians rioting over stuff like this ^^ (which is a crucifix in a jar of urine) and there is so much more christian bashing images/cartoons etc... (personally i am atheistic, i was using christianity as a ppoint of reference)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Korittke said:
I never really understand this caricature thing. Why would anyone make a big fuss about it. The Christian God is caricatured all the time, as is Elvis or other persons of popular media. It's OK if you like those but if you can't cope with criticism you have issues. Nobody's forcing anyone to read anything, so shut your crybaby whining. Get over it.
As I've said before, Muslims take special insult when a picture depicting Muhammad is even published in a good light, because he (He?) is not meant to be pictured.

Nicholas The Slide said:
I dont think its so much the press that is ignorant, but the rioters.

you dont see christians rioting over stuff like this ^^ (which is a crucifix in a jar of urine) and there is so much more christian bashing images/cartoons etc... (personally i am atheistic, i was using christianity as a ppoint of reference)
But do you know if anyone rioted or not? Likewise, it seems that nobody is aware that peaceful protests on this issue were held.*

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
x42bn6 said:
As I've said before, Muslims take special insult when a picture depicting Muhammad is even published in a good light, because he (He?) is not meant to be pictured.

Who cares? It's not law and it isn't for a number of good reasons. I'm not saying that law is either perfect or the ultimate standard of ethics but getting all pissy about some shit like this is just chlidish. Only because a bunch of guys form a group and consider Action X as not allowed doesn't mean it's that way for the whole world. Grow up (I don't mean you).

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Korittke said:
Who cares? It's not law and it isn't for a number of good reasons. I'm not saying that law is either perfect or the ultimate standard of ethics but getting all pissy about some shit like this is just chlidish. Only because a bunch of guys form a group and consider Action X as not allowed doesn't mean it's that way for the whole world. Grow up (I don't mean you).
Of course it's not law. But it certainly is responsibility and politeness. True, Islamic law doesn't apply to the entire world (I would be afraid if it did...), but Muslims aren't asking for the law to be applied to the world. Ideally, what would be good for them and the rest of the world would be not to insult other religions.

TIME magazine did it once as well, but they apologised in the next issue.

Muslims, with Islamophobia raging around the world only feel worse when things like these continue.*