Private torrents

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
just wondering if any of you use private torrents, and if anyone uses waffles and has an invite for me.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Just demoniod. but that really isnt private

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
What, Waffles, STM, Pedro's, GFT, RevTT, TvT.COM, BMTV, Goem, TehConnection, BitGamer, and 1 I can't mention :)

Are you on What already? Because although Waffles does have some rarer stuff, the overall torrent count is lower, the community is much less pleasant, mods are very fickle and will ban you for questioning staff decisions, etc. What has the Gazelle codebase which is loaded with awesome features, and I prefer the community as well. Plus you can get in without an invite if you join their IRC channel and queue up for an interview. They ask you about your knowledge of ripping, encoding, file formats, previous bittorrent experience, etc. The server is irc.what-network.net on port 6667 (6697 SSL), and the only channel you should be able to join is #what.cd-invites. You could even get me as an interviewer, though that won't earn you bonus points (plus all interviews are overseen by multiple interviewers anyway).

Oh and don't PM me specifically for invitations to any of the above... I'm not a power user on most of them anyway and other than something like Demonoid I'm hesitant to hand out invites unless I know you well. (On that note anyone who isn't already on Demonoid feel free to ask).

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
no seeders/too many leechers

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
no seeders/too many leechers
That's what makes private trackers awesome (Demonoid is not a private tracker lulz). The seed/leech ratio is usually over 40. I've been seeding stuff I snatched 6 months ago, and since many uploaders have seedboxes I can max my download pipes with only a few seeders.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
I can get demonoid in like 2 seconds.

I just wanted waffles. tbh

I am also looking into what though, so no I'm not on what yet.

mmmm I don't have enough experience to interview for what.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
As for those of you who don't think you have the experience just do a bit of research beforehand. If you don't "fail" the interview screening but aren't deemed to know enough, you'll be given some links to articles to read and told to come back when you're more comfortable with the material. You'll then be banned for 48 hours from the IRC, but will be free to apply again after that period.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I use private torrents for huge files mostly. I get great speeds, and the name is changing to avoid any unwanted interest, so I don't promote it.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
:shocked: That's a pretty impressive ratio for Oink (Depending on how much you had downloaded of course).

Another benefit is the community aspect of many trackers. Their forums and IRC channels are more active than this place will ever be again lol.