Pokemon

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
the one big thing that changed it was the fact that they didnt let it die. they just kept adding more and more pokemon. more and more evolutions. they just keep making more. there are over like 500 of them. they really needed to stop.

Thistle

Senior Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, I agree, but all the games are the same. If they added a better gameplay type thing instead of adding new pokemon, it would be ALOT better.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had Charzard and so many uber 1337 cards

but I traded them for hocky cards :( I regret that.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a crap load of cards but i sold most of them. i still have some rares left but i'm planning on selling those as well.

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
How Pokemon Died:
Primary Reasons: People grew out of them.

-For their Cards

Competition from Magic Cards and Yu Gi Oh

-For their games

Focus on quantity instead of gameplay

The gameplay is quickly repetitive, no real innovation except MOre and MOre pokemon
with slightly better graphics. Perhaps a complete makeover, like making it look like Golden sun graphics would be nice.
Soon pokemon started not to look like pokemon and perhaps the dual battle system could be called innovation but
that was about it

The problem could be solved simply by implementing new ways of playing. The battlesystem could be improved to include combos or specials (or something along those lines) instead of simply depending on rock paper scissors.

Pokemon is still primarily a video game not a TV show and Card Game....

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the games, to me and my friend, were god to us.. but the shows killed it but i thought the mewtwo movie was good, except for the "you showed me friendship..." crap.
thats whats i hate about cartoons and SOME anime today- they have a good idea but make it too kiddish!
same thing with my favorite "comics" Squee! and Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, both done by the same guy who made the Invader Zim cartoon on nickelodeon. the guy that makes them is sick- like twisted. in JTHM (johnny the ...) the main character (johnny, or Nny as he calles himself) kidnaps people then tortures his victims then kills them and he has killed about 150 people in one comic book...
and Squee is his nextdoor neighboor. so, in telling you this, with the comics being funny as crap and share good thoughts and feelings and dont fall under the "kids entertainment" or 'friendship theme" dont you think the cartoon invader zim would be good? NO! zim kills people and they heads explode but the crap-holes at nick edit out what was supposed to make the show so great.
so, in saying this, when some ideas come out they are great at first and have a lot of fans and stuff but then they get too confident and try to extend and expand their merchandis and in doing so they take away the original quality of what made the idea so great in the first place. i guess this is what hapened ot pokemon. i would have kept playing but i quote what Viz says in his posts.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The fact Gold and Silver totally screwed up the game. Red, Blue and Yellow kicked ass because sometimes the originals kicked ass.