Patch 1.11 Is Out! (All Info/Guides/Quests Covered!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Connect to b.net and download it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diablo II Version History
- Patch 1.11

A new Mystery has been revealed!

- Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again,
that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies
within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil
to the Throne of Destruction...

New Items

- Added 10 New Runewords.
- Added new Unique Items that will drop from Special Bosses.

Hireling Enhancements

- Players can purchase hirelings that are within 1-5 levels below their
own level.
- The rate at which hirelings gain experience has been increased. They
should now stay closer to the player's level.

Major Bugs

- Creating a town portal when corpses or other objects entirely fill the
area where the portal will appear in town will no longer crash the game.
- Skills obtained from runewords created while the item is equipped will
no longer disconnect you from Battle.net when chosen.
- Barbarians will no longer become stuck when using Whirlwind right after
Inferno from the unique item Balrog Blade Flamebellow.
- German, Spanish, and Polish users will no longer crash when the mouse
cursor moves over an item that grants an Aura while equipped.
- The game will no longer crash when selecting a skill granted by a weapon
at the same time as switching weapons with the W key.
- Dying or being requested to trade while changing the key configuration
will no longer cause you to get stuck.
- The "Missile Firing too far" assertion error has been corrected.
- Attempting to sell a Horadric Cube or a quest item to an NPC by holding
Control while clicking will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net.

Minor Bugs

- Running the game with -install no longer causes the game to be installed
as a Windows Service. -install is now ignored.
- Sometimes the seals in Diablo's lair would not activate. This has been
corrected.
- Character expiration messages have been updated to reflect the
expiration policy implemented in patch 1.10.
- Unidentified items sometimes caused other set items to display green for
items the player does not have. This has been corrected.
- The German mouseover text for the Ist rune has been corrected.
- Account recovery is now allowed for existing accounts whose name is only
one or two characters.
- When leaving a game on Battle.net, you will now be brought back to the
channel in which you were previously.
- Transmuting an ethereal item now retains the ethereal stats bonuses.
- In Japanese Lord of Destruction, items that add to all Assassin skills
incorrectly stated in their mouseover text that they added to all Druid
skills. This has been corrected.
- Battle.net messages for non-English versions have been corrected.

Fixed Game Exploits

- It is no longer possible to bypass the 10-second hostility timer by
activating a waypoint at the same time as declaring hostility.
- Uber Diablo is no longer killed when Shenk the Overseer or Blood Raven
die nearby.
- Necromancers with Trang-Oul's Set equipped could sometimes become
invincible to attack. This has been corrected.
- Blessed Hammer no longer remains active while in town, preventing
players from subsequently declaring hostility and having the hammers hit
other players for damage.
- Set items retained their multi-piece bonuses after the player died, even
though they were removed. This has been corrected.
- Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to
skills when equipped on a character without those skills.
- Pasting from the Clipboard no longer allows the creation of characters
with more than one dash or underscore in their name.

ALSO!

ANY HACKS OR MODS USED FOR 1.10 ARE NO LONGER USUABLE IN 1.11. I SUGGEST YOU UNINTALL AND DELETE YOUR DIABLO II DIRECTORY AND THEN REINSTALL DIABLO II.

Thank You

-Trojan

_Ace

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All Patch 1.11 Info Here!

New Unique Large Charm: Hellfire Torch

It gives the following stats:
25% chance to cast lvl 10 firestorm when stricking
+3 to random character class skills (like +3 to amazon, +3 to sorc...)
+10-20 to all atributes
+10-20 to all resistances
+8 to light radius
lvl 30 hydra 10 charges

I think it will only be dropped by new super-unique: Lilith

Here are some screens:

New Runewords

New Areas

Yep, that's right. Remember good old cow level? Well, Blizz added 2 new areas like this. Pandemonium 1 and Pandemonium 3. Here are the entries from lvlmaze.txt:

Act 5 - Pandemonium Run 1, lvl 133, rooms 12, rooms(n) 24, rooms(h) 36, size = 8x8
Act 5 - Pandemonium Run 3, lvl 135, rooms 3, rooms(n) 3, rooms(h) 3, size = 24x24

Levels for monsters in those areas are 133 and 135, so it looks like this will be better than hell baalruns.

To get to the Pandemonium 1 level, you must use this cube recipe:
Key of Hate + Key of Terror + Key of Destruction
Seeing how the names correspond with the 3 brothers (Mephisto is the Lord of Hate, Diablo is the Lord of Terror and Baal is the Lord of Destruction) I think this items will be dropped by them.

Here are some screens of those items:

To get to the Pandemonium 3 level, you must use this cube recipe:
Diablo's horn + Baal's eye + Mephisto's brain
I have no idea where you get these items, but here are some screens

New "Thing": Standard of Heroes

This is something I have no idea what it is. It looks like a potion, or a charm... Here's a screenshot, you can also see Mephisto's Brain in the screen.

New Super-Unique: Lilith

Taken from bnet:

Lilith (Demon)

Spawned to enact a blood vengeance for her sisters' death. Those few heros who venture into Hell to slay the greatest demons and come across her, will bow down before her in a bloody mess!

Lilith only roams the Battle.net Realms. What could stir her to come forth and avenge her sister? Could it be something to do with an artifact her lover drops? Fore Lilith be not a Lesser Demon like thy sister was - she be mixed with the greatest of all the Demons.

Tips and Other Additional Information
Absorbs magic and few elements hurt her. Beware her Poison Nova.
Ok, it talks about her sister, seeing how she looks like Andariel, I would say that's her sister. And her lover... well, it talks about an artifact so my guesses are either Diablo Clone or Mephisto, for they drop Annihilus and Soulstone. So to get her to come you have to do something with one of those items... I'll post more info about this later[/quote]

This thread was 100% made by TheAce, except some of the screenshots and the quotes. If you copy this please give me some credit :).

How To Get Lilith

First: Get the three keys by killing The Summon in the arcane sanctuary in Act 2, Nihaltak in the halls of vaulght in Act 5, and The Countess in the Tower in Act 1.

Next: Bring the keys to Act 5 and transmute them in the cube.

Then: Find and kill Lilith. She will drop one of three items. Once you get all three transmute them to fight a new foe :).

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How to Get The Inferno Charm and the Three Keys
By T.a.t.u97

This is to guide you on to how to get your Hellfire Charm, which contains 3+ To a random Character class, 10+ Amount of stats, 10+ Amount of resists, along with other great features. In order to get the charm, you must get through some tough bosses. You need to collect 3 sets of 3 different keys (Terror Key, Hate Key and Destruction Key). After recieving the keys, you put 3 different keys into your Cube and transmute them Only in Act 5 Hell. A portal should come up, either called "The Furnace of Pain" for Izual, "Matrons Den" for Lilith, or "Forgotten Sands" for Duriel. After killing one boss, you recieve a body part (either Diablo's Horn, Baal's Eye, or Mephisto's Brain). After you recieve the body part, you must find another set of three keys and repeat until you have all 3 body parts. After recieving the body parts, you put them in your cube and transmute it. A portal to Tristram will come up, where Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal are kindly waiting for you with an endless amount of minions. After you go through that hard task of defeated all 3 Bosses, you recieve a Large Charm along with badges, that signify you have overcome this tough obstical. Here is what you need to do to get that far.

Getting the Keys

To get the keys, you need to do the Following:

Kill The Countess (Act 1, Forgotten Tower) Drops the Terror Key

Kill The Summoner (Act 2, Arcane Sanctuary) Drops the Hate Key

Kill Nilithak (Act 5, Hall of Pain) Drops the Destruction Key

In order to obtain these keys, you need to do as many amount of runs to get them. There is a 1/34 chance he or she will drop these keys when you kill them. The best way to obtain these keys is to get a Sorceress who can handle Cold immunes (Countess is Cold immune, as well as most the monsters at Nilithak) and can teleport fast enough. That way many runs can be completed thus increasing your chances to get these keys. Also, it is not impossible for a Boss to drop 2 of the same keys at once. It has happened Twice to me in the same night.

Once all three keys are recieved, you should get a group of friends together to take on the Boss waiting for you. I recomend getting Smite Paladins, 1 or 2 sorceresses, and a Barbarian (If needed). I have had the most easiest time with a Smite Paladin, the Life leech and the life tap makes you almost invincible to these creatures. Transmute the cube and go inside the Portal (Only will work in Act 5 in Hell Difficulty). The portal will either be

The Furnace of Pain:Izual

Matrons Den:Lilith

Forgotten Sands: Duriel

Izual

This Uber Izual has much resists, My sorceress was doing 15k blizzard damage and he was getting healed by it. My advice is do not bring a Sorc to kill Izual. Bring a physical damage character, if anything. If you have to bring a sorc along, bring a fire sorc. I used my barbarian and a pala to easily defeat him and collect the body part. Also, there are alot of immune to Magic/Fire/Cold/Poison/Light minions around, which is also bad for any type of element. Best strategy is to just bring Physical damage characters.

Lilith

Lilith I found to be the most difficult. She spits out poison that can really tear you down. Also her physical damage (when you stand too close) can REALLY take you out in about 2 hits. My advice is to bring a smiter pala and a couple of sorcs. Have the smiter pala attack her with smite, making her focous on him. The 2 sorcs stand back, casting their spell onto Lilith. The smiter should recieve Life leech and/or Life tap (if items are Equipted to do so). That is the best strategy I have for you to defeat her. Also, using antidote potions can help, but she spits the poison so frequently it will not do alot of help.

Duriel

Duriel Spawns in the most random places in his Portal. One time it took some time to find him, the next time he was right up at the portal. My best suggestion is that you do the same thing you did with Lilith, with the Smiter paladin and the Sorceresses. Blizzard seemed to work fine Vs Duriel.

Once you collected your body part, continue to search for keys and open the portals until you have recieve all 3 body parts (Horn, Eye, Brain). Once you have recieved those body parts, put them in your cube and transmute them to make the last and final portal, the portal to Tristram.

Portal to Tristram

The last and final portal after all this hard work. This is the most difficult one of all, because not only do you have to defeat one boss, but you have to defeat 3 at one time, along with an endless amount of spawning minions. What I recommend is you get a variety of type of characters to help you do this last mission. I would get something like a Bowazon to get rid of the minions, Couple of Smite paladins to attack the Boss, and sorcs to help them. First, I would take down Mephisto. He is the hardest one. He is using the conviction aura which can totally bring your resists down so much. Not only does he hit you with lightning attacks, but he does a hell of alot of physical damage if you get too close. I suggest you get the Paladins on him with some type of lightning absorb or resists, either a sheild with Lo runes or Gems, something to keep the light resists up. Get the paladins to distract him while you get the sorc to attack him. I recommend bliz sorc, it did the most damage. To keep the bosses from healing, have one person attack the boss and the rest heal, then trade off. If everyone goes to heal, you will come back to a rejuvenated Boss. Once Mephisto is dead, move onto Baal. Try to get the bosses seperated from eachother, so you do not have too much to handle. Baal goes down pretty easy with the same type of strategy used with the Smiters and Bliz sorc. Once he is defeated, move onto the last but definatly not least Diablo. I recommend everyone attacking him, he has tough resists and takes quite a few blows. Smiters can take him down fairly fast, along with Bliz.

Victory!

Once all the bosses are dead, an X amount of charms drop, based on the people in the game. There are the small "Standards of the Hero" charms, which basically are an award for going through this tough challenge. Then of course, there is the wonderful Hellfire Large Charm, which only one is dropped. This charm does 3 to a certain character class of skill, which is decided randomly, amoung the Stats and Resists. You can put this in your inventory, along with the Uber Clone Diablo's Anni charm. You can only equipt one Hellfire charm at a time, as if it was an Anni.

Character Strategies

By Bio.Hazard​

Paladins
Hammerdin
Description: Your average killer, great for getting the keys themselves. Also, great at killing enemies that are immune to all types of attacks. May die quite a bit without a powerful merc, or without several of them to have multiple auras.9/10
Smiter
Description: Does quite a bit of damage, while stunning the enemies at the same time. Great to be used with life tap and high life leeches. Quite possibly the only character that can kill all of the tristram bosses by itself.10/10
Zealer
description: Can attack multiple amounts of physical damage, with attacking 5 times, you can get a huge amount of life taps and leech lifes going to survive while dealing well into 10k's.7/10

Necromancer
Summoner
Description: Great with fast connections only, although known as the 'lagomancers' they are also great as a party member because they can be great meat shields if their summons are strong enough to survive.4/10
Bonermancer
Description: Can be used to deal good damage from a distance along with piercing targets using bone spears. Can also be used to trap minion spawn points with several bone walls.6/10

Sorceress
Blizzard Sorc.
Description: A good member of any party, can contribute well with her impressive damage and ability to freeze and slow all targets. Very good because of Cold Mastery's ability to give -enemy cold resist. Weak against the high amounts of cold immunities. 8/10
Fire Sorc.
Description: A strong character in any party, the fire sorc. can dish out high amounts of damage and can cover a great distance in area. Fire Sorcs. can also enchant other melee characters such as the zealer, smiter, and barbarian. Weak against the high amounts of fire immunities. 7/10

Druid
Wind Druid
Description: A good elemental absorb sheild. Good in parties without a blizzard sorc. to slow targets. Although cold is a common immunity throughout the 'final quest' areas, it is good to bring along just for the Oak Sage (not that any of your summons will live). Weak against any monsters that are immune to it, and will be found to die often if not exersized with caution. 6/10

Assassin
Trapper
Description: Good to do high amounts of lightning damage to many targets. Weak against lightning immunes and will be found to die quite often if found anywhere other than on the outskirts of the screen casting. 5/10

Amazon
Bowazon
Description: Good at knockback if she has it. Can usually stay alive due to high dodge/avoid/evade for pvp matches. Strafe can be used to attack multiple targets. Dealing physical damage, it can be strong, as long as she stays out of the chaos while shooting mad amounts of arrows.8/10

Barbarian
Whirlwind, concentration, frenzy. Barbarian
Description: Great at being a meat sheild. Tends to not die whatsoever when using high amounts of life leeches and life tap. Excellent party member by casting Battle Orders, Shout, and Battle Cry. Can deal impressive amounts of damage.8/10

• Will edit tomorrow with pros/cons instead of just general, obvious, descriptions.
  • Comments, concerns, problems, flames, additional info all excepted and appreciated.
  • I left several common builds out due to the fact that they deal pure elemental damage and there are many immune monsters making them useless, so unless they had another way to contribute, I did not include them in the list.
  • I have only done 1 Tristram Run, so the only information that I have hands-on experience with is the Hammerdin and the Smiter.
  • Ps. I had fun with the Vb Codes on this guide :)

With the three skill and stats and resists, all of this work is Well worth it. Good luck and go kick some ass!

~Heather

Guide Creidt goes to T.a.t.u97. :)
Character Strategies by Bio.Hazard. :)

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Important note: Dont try to kill those beasts with your high level ladder charachtersand certainly not alone. Ladder looks like a Cemetery today...

Status
Not open for further replies.