P~The be-all end-all anti-zerg defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthemile

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
against zerg ground use reavers (3-5) and in the air go scout or carrier sair aer good if u go for an overlord massacre.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man some of this strats are pathedic! Why don't you just hit up 8 probes knock out a pylon then forge stick 5 cannons around nexus and go to work...you are wastin time worryin about stupid entrance D...Later in th game just go scouts and goons if you lose with that strat PLEASE come tell me...don't be afraid to go templars cause storm is sick!
WEIDO!

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: The be-all end-all anti-zerg defense

Originally posted by Damiarch Tempest
this is the best and sometimes only way to win on choke maps against the big z. first set your probes mining build one probe then another and another when the last probe warps build a pylon then build a forge and six cannons at the base entrance

in the early going these will be all you need as you build up your favorite strike-force. eventually the enemy will begin to drop forces but a healthy crop of cannons around your base will keep out the undesirables

however when the enemy hits hive things get more complicated. ultralisks can overpower lone photons so youll need at least three shooting at once to stay alive:shoot and guardians can bomb the hell outta the place. however with corsairs guards need not be a problem.

however with defilers things get very complicated very fast. your photons cant shoot under a dark swarm and your shields will become your only respite once the PLAGUE has finished its work
therefore keep an eye out for defilers and hunt them down on sight

tell me if you disagree!

mass zerglings can easily take town 6 proton cannons. Believe or not i won some games by using mass zerglings in the early game.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dunno. Cannons are kinda needed to combat those ling rushes. Of course, you shouldn't spend all your minerals on cannons. Zeals should be there to help out, but cannons are needed to help out against mutas that like to move around in your base harassing. In pvz, cannons are your friend. The one matchup where it's ok to use static defenses.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
Goon's are better than cannons at defending the inside of your base, cannons are best left to hold off zerglings infront of your base, while you build up a true attack force in the back.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, the maker of this thread is a newb. cannons and sairs?!? i used 2 play red alert, and thats a game where u can let ur opponents waste themselves on ur def. but stracraft offense is above that. the best position u can b defensively is when they CANNOT build, CANNOT run, CANNOT do anything but try to recover from your pressing onslaught lol. ppl who rush dont usually have tremendously good defense, AND THATS BCUZ THEY DONT FREAKIN NEED IT!!! THEYVE ****ED YOU SO HARD W? MUTAS OR REAVERS OR TANKS< THATS UR IN A MOTHER****ING COFFIN ALREADY!!! you cant just sit back in stracraft and thing ur defense will take care of things. by then ur alrdy ded.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
damouse, you really need to stfu. I'm seriuosly on the verge of finding you and beating the everliving shit out of you. Stop trying to give advice on something you clearly don't understand. You can't play pvz or any other mu for that matter without building cannons. You can't expo everywhere without build some sort of defense or you'll lose that resource node. Clearly there's no helping you so that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and cannons are really gonna help you against gardians phoenix. as much as cannons work when ur playing a comp, and thats where i think u learned 2 love them, they suk in multip, cuz their so ezy to counter. unless ur opponent only uses lings, then cannons wont help u

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
first of all, it's not like the zerg will have guards from the beginning to destroy those cannons. so I really don't know why you would state the obvious. BTW, sairs/psi-torm >> guardians. I didn't say rely totally on cannons but you certainly can't against zerg without cannons at all. His forces will overwhelm yours badly.
It's weird you say don't build cannons and I have yet to see a pro player not build any cannons regardless the matchup.

Crazy Demon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Damouse
ok, the maker of this thread is a newb. cannons and sairs?!? i used 2 play red alert, and thats a game where u can let ur opponents waste themselves on ur def. but stracraft offense is above that. the best position u can b defensively is when they CANNOT build, CANNOT run, CANNOT do anything but try to recover from your pressing onslaught lol. ppl who rush dont usually have tremendously good defense, AND THATS BCUZ THEY DONT FREAKIN NEED IT!!! THEYVE ****ED YOU SO HARD W? MUTAS OR REAVERS OR TANKS< THATS UR IN A MOTHER****ING COFFIN ALREADY!!! you cant just sit back in stracraft and thing ur defense will take care of things. by then ur alrdy ded.
Hes right u know. Thats why I love Zerg. But...than again that only works on 1v1-very hard for 1v3 games. And suppose the attack fails(this has happen one too many times before 2 me). Than you got to be quick on your feet before the enemy(who supposedly isn't a noob)counterattacks u.
(I have to get off the red coloring)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, this thread was bumped for flaming.

Closed.

Btw, it's obvious right in the first post that he's talking about a money map :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.