P~pvt:Double expanding vs single expo

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
pvt:Double expanding vs single expo

what are your thoughts on this?
For me, I used to double but now I single and add more gates and units and then take my second expansion. There was a discussion on this on the teamliquid forum a long time ago so I thought I'd bring it up here.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Could you find the discussion for us Phoenix?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
here's the deal: I've checked yesterday and I'm still looking for it. They might've erased it since I've have no luck in find the topic. It's called "protoss versus terran timing". The discussion took place around the fall of last year so it might be gone now. I'm going keep looking in case they do still have it.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Alright. It is no problem, I was just wondering for comparison purposes.

I think that since I read an article (sorry, forget where from) about Protoss being the defensive race, I have tried to be the aggresor in most of my match ups. I would probably get more Gateways before a second Nexus just to keep the pressure on the Terran for as long as possible.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just found it.
Right under my nose.
anyway, it's still there. i suck at posting urls.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
How hard is it? Just open the thread, copy the URL that's in the address bar, and paste it here. Done.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyway, I just wanted to know how tosses here deal with terran's fast expand build since this has become problem for me recently. at least it WAS a problem.

It just wasn't working for me when I did try to type it up.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well, i've always preferred to do the latter, single expo rather than double. It's more safe and the Terran player should be scouting.

Btw, is it better to expand at your natural first, or somewhere else? (In a situation like 1v1 LT where you have alot of places to expo).

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, you must halt probe production too just in case. Dt/reaver drops could also work as you double expand and pray for the best.