P~High Temp drops on eco

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried a Storm drop over DT or Reaver drop. I have, i find them easier than DT or Reaver drops, because usually, i lose my DTs or Reavers, and they cost alot of resources.
The first time i tried a Storm drop was on one of coRt's expansions in a 5-FFA, it worked, numerous times. Storm drops are effective because they are a hit & run tactic, by the time you throw the Storm then re-Shuttle your troops (I prefer to Storm from cliffs) back to base, your opponent will just realise that he was Storm dropped, and in some cases, they wont know what or who attacked, and from where, just the absence of about 10 probes.

Very effective and safe. Use it ;)

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
you should right a book about how to affect the economy of the opponent. That is by far your favorite topic to discuss. I am not kidding either, I love reading your tips

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's why you usually have some kind of protection... And why High Templars have few hit points and shield. It's a good strategy, but if the player is good, it'll cost you 150 gas, in a time where the opponent eco is good enough to rebuild the SCVs. If well used, then yes, it owns.

Just a question, you banana, why did you post this on SC & BW?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
That's why you usually have some kind of protection... And why High Templars have few hit points and shield. It's a good strategy, but if the player is good, it'll cost you 150 gas, in a time where the opponent eco is good enough to rebuild the SCVs. If well used, then yes, it owns.
That's the beauty of this strategy, unless your opponent is anticipating a Storm-Drop and has the appropriate defense on all of his economy-areas, then you are fine. Your opponent will never have enough time to kill your DropShip or your HT's because you just have to Storm then run. Easy.
Also, if your opponent has some fast air, like Mutas/Sairs/Wraiths nearby, then you might have to sacrifice the HTs and kill his peons and possibly some air units, because of their low HP.

Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Just a question, you banana, why did you post this on SC & BW?
Read the PM.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's a pretty good idea, but I still prefer reavers, just because they can destroy tanks and turrets faster and once you think they did their jobs, just take them away and contain him (reaver >vultures) or whatever.

The only thing about storm drop is that it would take some time compared to other drops, so you'd probably do it on an expansion. Not to mention, he'd probably be attacking you by now...

Still, it's pretty good. People should use it more often.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I prefer reaver drop, actually... Reavers do more damage to workers, I think. And doesn't takes much more time.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It might be more useful since High Templars have a lot of Energy and can do 3 Storms when their Energy is upgraded..... And you can have more High Templars.

Of course, they are shit against any type of defense like Cannons.....

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yup, temp drops are a great way to turn the tide in battle. I'm just curious as to why tosses rarely do it. if you're worried about tanks then bring along 2 zealots with them. maybe diffult against zerg given they can scourge the shuttle, but it's all good if the temps survive. actually, you put a serious dent on the zerg's economy that way since theirs is the weakest.