P~Be sure too...

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Be sure too...

Heres something good to enhance your Air D. Build some Corsairs along with cannons along your base. Corsairs in big groups own the hell-o outta air units. Using Disruption Web owns also. I just wanted to let you guys know that. And a good strategy against PvZ is gettig High Templars and using Psionic Storm. If you target the miners in someone base, it can delay there process, especially if they are low in minerals and you kill all of there Drones. Another good strategy is the Arbiter Dragoon Recall technique. This is a good technique against PvP and PvT. I don't think its really good against Zergs because most Zerg players have Spores and Lurkers all over there bases, and Overlords patrolling the area. Dragoons die very quickly against Lurkers. And a final strategy is remember to have a Shield Battery around your base incase you have just suffered a rush and your units have no more shield. These strategies all came up to me when I was playing with Protoss. I guess I haven't played with them in such a long time that I just seemed to forget how to play with them. Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and I hope it comes in handy in the near future. Just come to this thread for reference because I'll be posting my strategies in this thread.

TTYL-- Shamir Ledesma (Hydralisk591)

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well then say that in the subject. dont state things in forums, you have to ask questions, so its up for debate. and any1 whos even remotly good at toss will have sairs somewhere. cannons are NOT used as a primary defense, and it really sounds like you dont play toss much. think before you write

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I am a Protoss player, and i do do most of the things you have said. But i never just mass Corsairs, even if i am against Zerg.
Corsairs are a support unit, so never make more Corsairs then the unit you are supporting. I've learnt to always get Scouts with Corsair support (Obviously depending on what my opponent is building).
And as Protoss, never make Cannons as your primary defense. Why? Because they are immobile and they don't have enough range to hit Guardians. But yes, you can use Cannons, just dont build HEAPS, use your offense as your defense. Your defense will be mobile then, which is what you want.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
On most(some) ground maps zerg > toss. Not that z is godly over p or anything but z>p.

On island maps, yeah, p>>>>>>z. toss couldn't possibly lose a pvz air game unless he's playing defensively. It seems that zerg gets shafted on islands against both races, but moreso against toss.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
On most(some) ground maps zerg > toss. Not that z is godly over p or anything but z>p.

On island maps, yeah, p>>>>>>z. toss couldn't possibly lose a pvz air game unless he's playing defensively. It seems that zerg gets shafted on islands against both races, but moreso against toss.
I've actually seen protoss > zerg on ground maps... Zealots and Archons...

Also zerglings destroy cannons really well if there aren't that many...

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's why I said zerg isn't godly over toss. It's alot harder for zerg to beat toss on islands(almost impossible) than toss to beat zerg on ground maps. Don't think I ever won a zvp on dire staits to be honest.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Really? Is it the corsairs and cannons that's hard for zerg?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
pretty much everything. the constant sair and reaver harassment as you're trying to secure an expansion. by the time you manage to get to hive, you're as good as dead. muta builds are weak because they start off with a sair rush so you're stuck with hydras and upgrades. by the time you do all of this it's usually too late.