Orc strats needed against NOOb NE players

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually....I just need refininment of this strat...works against these NOOBs.

Units:
(final army)
Blademaster
Tauren Chieftan
Optional 3rd Hero (shadow hunter, a ranged neutral hero)
8 Taurens
5 shaman
3 witch doctors
5 spirit walkers
13 peons

This strat will get slatughtered by air...but since they don't use air.....

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A little refinement.. hm..

Alright, here goes.

Blademaster Get this hero first, and set the rally point of the altar just outside of their view. Learn Wind Walk as he runs from your base then continue your town while watching his progress on the map. When he reaches his rally point pray he isn't in their view (or you could be screwed). Use Wind Walk, and run to their lumber mining and proceed to slay Wisps. If the situation is desperate and you have no mana, DO NOT TP OUT as it saves you 180 Gold to revive him than to buy a new TP. Keep doing this, as NE has the most trouble with lumber, and TFT thrives on this aspect.

Now, if the enemy pulls off ground units such as Huntresses, you could be ****ed from the get-go unless you get Grunts (you didn't specify) though I'll assume you do. If you have Grunts, just don't fight the battle in their base, moonwells will result in your loss.

Alright, against most ground, utilize each ability of your units and heros to your advantage.. such as Stomp with Tauren Chieftan, and if they have a ranged hero, use Windwalk to get the Blademaster at him unseen.. he should be able to take the hero out quickly depending on your level. Other moves to use, specifically.

Blademaster - Windwalk, Critical Strike. If you can keep him Windwalked (you may need potions of mana to do so) to chase the dying heroes, or just to get to them, it's more valuable than Mirror Image especially with the bonus damage of 50 at level 1, 75 at 2, 100 at 3.
Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave, Stomp. Both recommended, though the aura may be a better choice over Shockwave.
Shadow Hunter - Healing Wave (MUST), Serpent Ward. Hex will work to take units out of the fight for a lengthy period, but I personally don't think it's good.
Shaman - Bloodlust(autocast MUST USE), Lightning Shield(enemy ranged preferably)
Troll Witch Doctors - Healing Wards(MUST USE), Stasis Trap(should use)
Spirit Walkers - Revive(don't know the exact name) and keep at least 3 in Ethereal Form.

A slight tweak to this strategy: Build at least 1 Beastiary incase they decide to get Air, and pump out some Troll Batriders over 2 of your Spirit Walkers and 2 Tauren.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Just send BM to harass straight, they'll panic, kill all the Wisps on the trees and they'll quit the game. W00t. Works all the time.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I love creeping up. Windwalking in and bladestorming every damn worker they have. panics and leave, hell yeah

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
x42, I love people that harass my wisps with ww. I'll just detonate you, burn you, then rape your ass while you're pinned against my hunter's hall =)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, have you seen how many n00bs forget that Wisps know how to defend themselves?

CL on Wisps is cool as well. They go like *hey! I'm trying to build here* and all.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea its so funny when i play against them i go in with either bm or fs the noobs even if they know how to use the wisps detonate they detonate it on the ground and i just run away they keep waisting wisps or they chase after my fs if im using him and wolves kill wisps windwalk owns though with bm

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm a night elf player and i have one word for you: CHIMEAREA (is that how its spelt or what?)
Those spirit walkers you DO put in etheral will take extra damage. Target all the casters first, cause theyre the only things you have that can attack air.

However, versus n00bs (it would probably work on me cause i usually don't build air) this would work just fine

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you're an orc player who lets them get chims, youre in bad shape to begin with... but air is a simple counter to chims... and wouldnt you get other AA than casters anyway? good effort though

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well with n00bs most any strat u use is ok. And replying to Siphon detonate could work but usually the BM is able to kill the wisps before you have time to detonate them and anway and experianced person with BM wouldnt fall so easily with that they just ww out and continue hitting you.