Orc Problem - Getting Tauren fast.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
I know this probly the wrong thread for this but how the F**k can u get tauren so fast, once i start getin them i ahve about 4 and we go in a battle and they all get killed off and i get so pissed off with this. they also happen to cost alot of gold and wood which dosent really help as when you get tauren you all ways want them maxed which also costs alot of gold and wood. SO can someone please give me a good strategie on how the hell to get these beasts fast !!!!

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
XDxxTX said:
I know this probly the wrong thread for this but how the F**k can u get tauren so fast, once i start getin them i ahve about 4 and we go in a battle and they all get killed off and i get so pissed off with this. they also happen to cost alot of gold and wood which dosent really help as when you get tauren you all ways want them maxed which also costs alot of gold and wood. SO can someone please give me a good strategie on how the hell to get these beasts fast !!!!
Micro, keep the enemy from getting tauren in the first place. Get an expo somewhere in-between the t1->t2 or t2->t3. You should NEVER wait for your mine to blow before you need an expansion. Constant harassing also helps so that you can tech safely. If you can make your enemy turtle a lot or not go for you, then you willl be safe.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
But when an UD player like harasses me i know they are teching so i just say to my allies attack the UD cause he gonna tech wont they dot he same ? OH and how many peon on wood i found 12 i good number then you always ahve enough to upgrade them and get them.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
XDxxTX said:
But when an UD player like harasses me i know they are teching so i just say to my allies attack the UD cause he gonna tech wont they dot he same ? OH and how many peon on wood i found 12 i good number then you always ahve enough to upgrade them and get them.

U need that war mill very close to the forest. Also u need pretty many peons if u intend to get upgrades for your units. The upgrades are very expensive in lumber. Also, the biggest shortcoming for the OC race is their incapability to gather lumber and to build an expo a little faster. If u intend to go tauren u need expo (and many peons for wood). The tauren unit is not so lethal as u think, to be lethal u need bloodlust and pulverise (pulverise research only if u have at least 3 taurens) and upgrades.

Now I will tell u what I use instead of tauren: I use

because upgraded and in large numbers this unit is very very powerfull, and also easy to train.
For tauren u need 2 buildings, upgrades, bloodlust, tons of lumber, tons of gold, tier 3 and some time
For grunt u don't need lumber, but only upgrades, if u get many and if they are upgraded they are always a problem.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Theo is 3/4 right. This is also coming from 2 orc players!!! The Grunt is a backbone warrior with 800 life. Even with 800 life, they can take on knights and aboms with caster support or with other units aiding them. Also, I have ended the game by the time I need Tauren. But there is one other unit that is effective and works well with Grunts.

TEH RAIDER!!!

Because of nets and the fact they destroy buildings just as effectively as demos. Plus with Pillage, you can add money to get taure later. However, you need to treat them as a cross between hh and grunts. Cause of thier medium armor, they won't survive melee combat too fast. They shouldnt be attacking ranged unless u want them to assist. However, they do more damage to casters and make it easier to pick off runners, trailers or units being microed back. Truly an amazing wolf rider, which is why he is in my avatar.

Difficult to fight as well when you have grunts. Actually, ANYTHING is difficult to fight with grunts around. This is why you can go air vs fiends. As long as you have enough grunts to keep the fiends occupied... you can use them. Since they have three options:

1) Get the wvyerns at the cost of fiends to grunts
2) Get the grunts and let the wyverns attack.
3) Get the hero so he runs out.

Raiders are harassing masters and good support units, just not really strong battle class warriors as the foot soldier grunts are.