Ok wtf?!?!?!?

Jubba43605

Member!
Reaction score
Edit= Ok lemme re-write this whole thing. The deal is for some reason my lag is still like 30-60 BUT whenever i move up, down left, or right using my keyboard there is a time delay. As in i press a, then it takes a second before i move left. And I cant press "w" and "a" at the same time or it just freezes up.
Anyone know problem?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I think the lag might just be caused by some keyboard issue. I know my keyboard acts screwy sometimes, where some keys don't work and others just do random things, like K works as enter and when I press T, M appears. Unplug your keyboard and then plug it back in, see if that helps. You might need to restart your computer, I'm not sure. You might want to try another keyboard, too.

Also... what do you mean it just "freezes up?" Does it actually crash the game, or do you just stop moving?

Jubba43605

Member!
Reaction score
the thing just stops, then it goes back up to normal again. AIght thianks for the tip ill try it out. I don't think restart will help any htough, cuz its been happening for a while

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
It actually sounds like your computer doesn't meet the recommended specifications for CS. Considering how old the game is, I highly doubt that's possible however.

If you know your computer meets the required specs, take a look at your hard drive and make sure that isn't filled to like 95% capacity. That could be an issue.

Another issue such as how many other programs you have running at the same time, or other memory consuming programs like Winamp 5 could also explain the lag. Try closing any other programs you may have running in the background.

With people unaware of what is and isn't spyware these days, you may have assloads of programs running in the background you're not aware of either...

Pray it's just caused by other programs you know you're running, or low disk space. ;)

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I love CS... I played it very very rarely up until recently. As of late, we've been having LAN parties at a friend of mine's basement. We usually play till around 3am and open up at Radioshack together at 9am the same day.

Wish I had time to get into gaming with you guys here, but between RPG building, forum work, work, and everything else, not much time gets left over.

Jubba43605

Member!
Reaction score
Well I mean if I can play wc3 with bout 50 ping I don't think my cs should be a problem

Jubba43605

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, and its not lag in the game its like my keyboard lag which i dont know there is such a thing. Would reinstalling help?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
In all honesty, the symptoms you're describing are that of someone using an older computer to run a newer game. Try the reinstall. If it still doesn't work, try to think of the last 2 or 3 programs you've installed on your computer, and any other system changes you might've done recently.

Did this ever happen before? Or did it start happening all of a sudden?

Jubba43605

Member!
Reaction score
lol its new, radeon 9800, pentium 4, 2.41 ghz, 1 gig of ram and its not the keyboard or else all of my other games wouldnt be functioning well.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I don't think this is the problem, but you never know...

Make sure cl_forwardspeed, cl_sidespeed, and cl_backspeed are all set to 400 and nothing else. If they are already set to 400, move your config.cfg and userconfig.cfg files to another directory temporarily and see if the problem has ceased. If it still continues, uninstall Counter-Strike and install it again.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Does this happen ALL the time? 'Cause if not, MA's idea probably won't help you much =\