Oh, say, just in case some of you might find that interesting...

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
College and university students everywhere in Quebec are on strike since 3 weeks now. Thats right folks, I'm dying of boredom in my appartement since nearly an entire month now, while I am supposed to be preparing myself for the finals in a couple of weeks.

The immediate cause of the student strike—Quebec’s largest since 1968—is outrage over a $103 million per year cut in the provincial government’s student bursary program, which provides grants to the poorest post-secondary students. While I do agree with the reasons of the strike, I am staring to worry that I am going to flunk classes. And the strike seem likely to go on for another week at least.

Sigh...

But it is heart warming to see that all students in the province will go in a general strike because of governement cut in a programme that only a small minority of them will use anyway.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
injoy the free times =/

all o famericas highschools should go on strike to suppor tthem! YEAH!

>.<

ironic that your on strike but not wanting to be though

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Does Canada have any news station or anything of that sort? I never hear any news from Canada. Are they really that 'calm'?

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Damn your lucky... well maybe not... but you get the free time, right? So, is anybody actually going to the classes? If nobody is the teacher doesn't teach and only what you covered in class will be on the finals, or am I wrong?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
canada is like australia, there there, but no one hears em

like they say, canada is americas hat.

and we all know hats dont talk ;D

*waits for lees input*

cmon u hairy bastard im sure u got somethin to say

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
If your hat was alive then it would talk. Shows what you know =D

University costs are outrageous. We should all go on strike.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Damn. The Tornto Transit goes on strike, and damnit i want it as an excuse to not go to school like alotof my friends. unfortuntely i live on the same street so i can't.

Anyways that sucks for you, In the end time off can hurt you more than anything. Universities need to change though, UofT was built with tax payers money, and the cost to get in is outrageous. University has become an elitest society.