"Official" patch (?)

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How is it that you people have a standalone 1.10 patch that Blizzard tells me doesn't exist?

Am I right in my suspicion that this is *NOT* an official patch, just one someone made up?

rice4u

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it does exists. go look on blizzard's site. any patch comes out with a stand-alone after a few days

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
Originally posted by blink_penguin
How is it that you people have a standalone 1.10 patch that Blizzard tells me doesn't exist?
Now blink_penguin, my friend, listen up. :D Let us tell everyone what exactly is a stand-alone patch from Blizzard. It is a Blizzard Updater ver. blabla executable with a .mpq file attached to its end. This .mpq contains information that is supposed to be applied/changed/added/patched/etc.

And now let's tell that when you update your Warcraft III ingame, this .mpq is downloaded on your hdd as a separate file named WAR3_IX86_BLABLA_BLABLA.MPQ or sth similar. This file is downloaded, applied and deleted.

And now the final part: to make unofficial release of an official stand-alone patch you just have to undelete the .mpq (or prevent from deleting it), put it together with the Blizzard Updater, and voila! Here it is, stand-alone patch. :D

Originally posted by rice4u
it does exists. go look on blizzard's site. any patch comes out with a stand-alone after a few days
Give a precise link if so, cuz some-freakin-how I cannot find it anywhere at Blizzard's.

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey, I wanted to proove him wrong - and would have if my F***ing internet stopped crashing.

I've been looking at this site for weeks now, they still don't have the "Official" patch