O~What do you think about this strat?

Equalizer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What do you think about this strat?

(Taken from blizzhackers.com's forum)

- Send your 5 starting peons to the mine to harvest Gold .
- Put 4 peons in que
- Build a Burrow with your sixth peon (the first one of your 4 peons on que)
- Now build an Altar with your 7th peon (You will now have 2 peons in que)
- get peon #8 and #9 to harvest lumber.( zero peons in que)
- your burrow will finish almost at the same time as your altar, now that those two peons are finished doing their work put them back on the lumber. Now wait untill you have 90 wood to upgrade your town hall into a Stronghold, after that train a hero of your choice .(suggested is the farseer since chain lightning's overpowered in this patch; that's bound to change in the near future patches).
- by the time the altar finishes and you're upgrading to town hall, have five (5) lumber peasants... it'll be quick enough to get stronghold that you don't get the sixth just yet... plus you'll be on 10/10 supply.
- Build a War Mill as close as possible to loads of forest, as you need faster lumber.
- Build another burrow (at 80 lumber)
- Queue another peasant when stronghold finishes - harvest lumber
- That farseer should be done ,go scout your enemy. harass them with feral spirit, or if you're no good at micro and just a beginner trying the strat out, just get chain lightning and scout.
- Build two beastiaries asap (get the peons ready to build them about 2-3 secs before it actually finishes) when stronghold is done...
- Build another burrow somewhere when possible (after 2 beastiaries are done, you'll have close if not 80 lumber).
- When you're first two raiders come out, support your hero with them and try to kill some ! weak ! creeps.
- Next two raiders should come out, if you're good at micro, go get your exp and don't lose a raider if you're not great, wait till 6
- After 6 raiders are done, you want to queue a raider from first beastiary but get ensnare from second beastiary
- Now you should try to setup your expand, to get the advantage over your enemy. Keep pumping out those raiders, support them with grunts or troll witchdocters (healing).

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
Way to long to get heros, by then u would get harassed.

pledge

Reaction score
it takes you to long to get hero and units.
they would come in with hero and couple units by the time you have your hero done. and if they made a quick hero harass it would mess up the whole recorcess sceem

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
A very small harass with a couple units or so could easily be stopped by the Far Seer and burrows and wolves.

Good strategy, I'll try it later.

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't like it at all...
-too slow altar
- not enough combat units
- barracks too late, your grunts could easliy be useless by the time you can actually build them
- raiders arent very good most of the time
- you'll get rushed if anyone notices, and even if the raiders do get out, they won't help much against most forces
-ensnare too late, its the main reason to get raiders
---------------------
Coupla notes to the original strat maker:
Wats the strat supposed to do/counter/which race is it supposed to work on
burrows cost 40 wood, why wait fer 80 to build one
chain lightening has been like that for many patches now, why would they suddenly change it

I_sa_kill_u_now

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
**man u should make the peon line up two burrows so after the hero pops out u got some space for the darn grunts and head hunters and u get the altar peon to make a barracks and pump out 2 grunts none the less coz there right there will b a hero up ur ass in under a min coz ppl dont play easy on you lik the computer AI o and u have 3 on the wood not 2....iam no expert but i have won with the ORC many times and i usally start differently every time so i dont use "strats" they work them out to easy...**

I_sa_kill_u_now

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
**yeah but u cant play as ORC azza coz u r a HU person aswell mister MK**