O~ Radiers Hp

ShadowSpear

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Radiers Hp

Why do Radiers have such low health? And on top of that they have med amour so they take extra to reg attacks. The good thing w/ the med amour is they take less from percing attacks so that good when assulting there base for quick hits. But shouldnt Blizzard make it so Radiers have higher hit points. i mean a raider has 610hp compared to a shaman who has 415. that only a 185 differance. Radiers would be so much better if they had a bit more health so they could perhaps survive a few battles.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, raiders do have low HP. It is actually fairly high compared to ghouls and other ranged units.

ShadowSpear

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes perhaps you are right there. But a ghoul cost far less then a raider. and a ghoul can or almost beat a raider if they went one on one. and since raider have seige attack they dont really do well when you face your opponet. unless of course you flank your radiers to the rear and attack there casters. Also it is quite demoralizing having a raider that cost 280g and 40w w/ 610hp and your most basic grunt that has 800hp and only cost 200g. and your grunt will most likey surrvive far longer then your radier. I just think Blizzard should give them a bit more Hp so they could be a better unit then they are now

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Raiders are speedy building destroyers. I'm willing to sacrifice HP for the ability to chase down Wind Riders and Gargoyles to Ensnare, and the speed at which they demolish buildings offsets that HP.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree with x42, I'd much rather sacrifice the HP for the ability to ensnare and the siege damage. A HP buff would just bring about an imbalance, because despite their HP they're still in use.

ShadowSpear

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes both of you have valid points. And i have been trying to use Radiers more in my startagies. and ensnare is very usefull consid HH are really not that good. but im still having problems w/ the frontal ground troops killing my radiers so that i cant ensnare ne more. but using them for leveling baseis quite usefull having 6 radiers and 6 bat riders really gets the job done lol

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
only use raiders if you know that you can win. if they happen to have air or ranged units then its smooth sailing. but all it takes is one knight to take out 2 raiders, ive seen it happen.

dont ever make raiders your "melee" consider them as close range demolishers lolz.

ShadowSpear

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ya i know. i usally have Tauren accompaning my raiders. i also bring demolishers along and use ensanre to trap the units to the ground and have my pults burn the lil guys lol.

jst wish radiers had bit more health ahhhh

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
raiders have low life because they have big swords and all that, they also have medium armor so they die easily to melee, they need to get a bonus from the grunt upgrade

ShadowSpear

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea they should that would be hell of nice if they got that bonus. i mean knights and gryphions get the steed bounus so why shouldnt radiers get the berserk bounus. i think that is quite fair LOL

usemapsettings

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WELL ACTUALLY..... Raiders are ment for quick cheap swipes at the enemy base and they are SEIGE not melee SEIGE...... Catapults are seige and a goul can beat a catapult so raiders are just like grunts>taurans catapults>raiders there just faster than catapults and can net air. THEY ARE MENT FOR QUICK ATTACKS AND TO DESTRY BUILDINGS! sorry for catapults ive been playing roc for a while i ment DEMOLISHERS!!!

ShadowSpear

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ya but if i plan not to use HH i need quite a few radiers to net down all the flyers. and no point using wind riders w/ only 570 hp they jst fall out of the sky like nothing else. i dont mind that raiders have seige attacks or med armour. and ya they are "ment" for quick attacks but mst be away to use them in your actuall army and keep them alive lol

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i use raiders for tehir ensare............. but yes they do have low hp........ just like how lings have low hp but they own

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Then it would be like super-fast Tauren..... *shudders*

Imbalance. Perhaps Ensnare could be nerfed - reduced half my Wind Riders to nothing once..... Before increasing HP.