O~ man TFT is insane

T!dus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
man TFT is insane

ok wow.....TFT is for somereason to me REALLY HARD.....So i was wondering if anyone could give me a good solo TFT orc strat please......

like a bo....units....hero order andything please help me......

I am geting soo frustrated

*sigh*

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, TFT has a higher competition level... because almost all of the high ranked players moved on... including the other players. Try to get an altar early so you can hero harrass / protect against one.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TFT is harder now because of the increased need for lumber and tier 1 units. Many of the top notch players take full advantage of their inability to fast tech to the high-tier units, and because of this they moved to the decision to always rush. The only fast-teching I'd ever advise is in a 4v4 team game to Necros.. nothing else. Use Casters for support only, you can no longer just mass them like you could in ROC.

And yes, hero-harassing plays a key, in many replays and my own games, harassing tends to frustrate those harassed while you're building units up in your base.

1 mistake I see alot of people make when harassing though. TPs cost 350 gold and are tier 2 in your shops, however reviving a hero is 170 gold. The difference of 180 gold and the experience the enemy gives cancels out. I'd rather produce another unit with the 180 gold and then strike then to have to stick close to my base because I don't have a TP.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Torubu
TFT is harder now because of the increased need for lumber and tier 1 units.
Tell me, if there is such a need for lumber, why does gold cost so much more then lumber, except on master training and townhall upgrades?

All units, Heros, 80% of upgrades, and all items require much more cash then lumber. Lumber has been drasticly decreased for everything in TFT except the Town hall.

so tell me, how is it such an increase?

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The increase is exactly that, the town hall upgrades.

1. Lumber is rarer than gold, it's normal. Do you put 5 gathering units to lumber before you optimize your gold mining?

2. 190-210 lumber for the town hall upgrade. This runs you short fast in the early game, with the exception of undead. If you realize this, it's hard to pump out other buildings when you need it.

3. It wasn't lumber cost that was decreased, it was gold. This is also a reason you can see more units faster. Huntresses for example run 30 gold less in TFT than ROC. 30 gold doesn't seem like alot, but it's not fun to see people grouping a second stream of Hunts before the end of the first night.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Everything is cut back in gold prices including peons and wisps... Things like Blacksmith and arcane sacntum (only 2 examples) now cost more lumber than gold not like it was in RoC.

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i start out with 15 peons
5 on gold
8 on lumber
2 building
sometimes ill take one from lumber to build a third building or if i dont need to build 11-12 on lumber.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well i think if you just start with a good mele hero like tauren or BM and use head hunters or beserkers they really kick butt. Then back them up with Shamen or Witch Doctors you really cant go wrong.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it takes time to adjust to the new patchs and upgrades,you will get the hang of this, or not.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Problem with only berserkers is any heavy melee cuts through them. You may say that's why you have a melee hero but once he falls you're absolutely screwed. And he will easily fall if the opponent has a decent hero.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah thats y you dont only have your hero just have a few melee that way the beserkers will back them up with fire. cant go wrong there.

BGL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.clanvanilla.cjb.net
lol yea ur right about the TP cost...but i would rather the enemies hero doesn't lvl.

But then agian they just find u and kill it :p

Harrassing is the key 2 win fast...Undead should always upgrade the ziggarat closest to the mine...and only move the alcoyte which is being attacked..never move all of them like around 1/3 ppl i verus do.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Harrassing UD is fun because their acolytes just sit there on the outside of the mine ready to die. Ten the ghouls come so you WW or whatever... just keep killing the acos then TP out, gold production stopped.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by CitricAcid13
Harrassing UD is fun because their acolytes just sit there on the outside of the mine ready to die. Ten the ghouls come so you WW or whatever... just keep killing the acos then TP out, gold production stopped.
Harrassing undead n00bs is fun.

Harrassing good undead players would probably be your worst nightmare.

The first thing you'll face is the Nerubian Tower. Placed well, one tower can make you take forever to get in range of their mine.

Then there's those lumber ghouls. Chances are, there's probably 2 of them when you reach their base (the rest being out creeping with their hero), and by the time you realize you've done a serious mistake - you've already wasted a TP scroll, and not gained a level.