O~ Huntress Rush...

B

BooshnigKK

Huntress Rush...

I just don't get it...
I play orcs all the time and been beaten by this strategy countless times. Every time it's the same - 5-7 grunts + 1 FS/BM matched up against 5-7 huntress + 1 KOG/PotM. 8 times out of 10 I've lost to this strategy. I've done a test or two and found that 5 grunts, 2 hh's, 1 catapult, and 1 FS can easilly take 7 huntress and 1 KoG, but it isn't that easy trying to get all those units before the huntress hits =/. I've also tried getting one or two wyverns out before the rush, but the NE player simply switches to archers
So I'd like to hear some opinions - How would you fight off a huntress KoG early game rush?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would suggest HH but until u get the beserker upgrade, im going to say get a few grunts to play as meat for the HH. Hunters have a slow attack, and are really crappy till they are upgraded. also, wyverns work if u can take out the archers with AOE. lightning and shockwave with a few grunts and focus fire will kill archers.

B

BooshnigKK

Heh, yea. I just tried massing HH's and the guy ended up having archers instead of hunts. =D.
I guess a catapult would do favors as well. My biggest worry is which hero to use against NE. BM seems to tear through KOG's, but FS appears to kill hunts pretty well with wolves.

ShadowSpear

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
are you being attack at ur base or out in the field?

jst get ur bm 2 ww around kill KOG. then have like 4 grunts and 4 HH attack the head of the army and while the kog is dead bm can attack from rear. of course u risk focas fire on ur bm but ww will solve that