NVidia Giving away 1000 WoW beta slots!

Aternyth

Premium Member
Reaction score
NVidia announced that they have 1000 WoW beta keys chosen randomly from everyone who signs up in a contest that will last one week. More details can be found http://www.nzone.com/page/nzone_section_games.html

Good luck to everyone :grunt

and some more WoW news:

Realms for WoW will be divided into USWest, USEast, Europe, and Asia. Initially, the server you play on will be determined by where you live geographically.
The European launch is expected before Christmas 2004, and the US release is expected approximately 3 months before that. In other words, very, very soon.
The release date will not be simultaneous worldwide. US and Asia will come first, with Europe a few months afterwards.
The European beta is just around the corner, approximately 2 weeks away.
Some special rewards for PvP include special titles, battlefields, PvP rankings, and special vendors which only the best PvP'ers will be able to access.
It is confirmed that you will not be able to create both horde and alliance characters on a single server.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
The European launch is expected before Christmas 2004, and the US release is expected approximately 3 months before that. In other words, very, very soon.
12/25 - 3/0 = 9/25

Oh, I guess that the game will come this month? Something wrong there.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe.. just MAYBE

its NOT 3 month before christmass?

Aternyth

Premium Member
Reaction score
Andrew said:
12/25 - 3/0 = 9/25

Oh, I guess that the game will come this month? Something wrong there.
that was just a rumor i read. but who knows? and approximately can mean a BIG difference. after all, it is blizzard

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'll give it a shot, worst that could happen is I don't get chosen.

I think its a safe bet to sya that WoW won't be out untill early '05 at least. We've yet to see the open beta.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*signs up*

hope i get picked even ,neid mebbe its only for teh beta?

Aternyth

Premium Member
Reaction score
Niedar said:
You are telling me that you can not choose the server you play? It is decided for you? If thats the case they are going to be having a lot of complaints and is a major mistake.
nope, the initial server that you are on depends where you live. you can always change it

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
My friend and I both signed up about 50 times each. From what we've figured, there are only a good 5k people that signed up for it (because most people have generally passed it off, because 1k is such a small amount, or they're on the beta) so in our heads, thats a pretty good chance for us to get it at least once. If we get it more than once, hello ebay,

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
1000 slots is nothing. I don't think any of us will be picked.

Multiple entries by similar IP's may be ignored or excluded completely....

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Andrew said:
GM if you get more than one.. send one to me. :)

If I get more than one they go strait to ebay...They make about 250 for an unplayed account....good shit ;)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Grieving Mendacity said:
If I get more than one they go strait to ebay...They make about 250 for an unplayed account....good shit ;)
Yep, very very good money for an unreleased game. ;)