Nuke/special ability damage types

B

Banli

Do nukes and other special abilities, such as the Yamato Gun have specific weapon types, or do they perform 100% damage to all armor types?
-Banli

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
Actually I think you're wrong here Cort (or Crotch), I believe the Yamato cannon does less damage to low armored units, but since most dont hit 300 hp they die anyways.

Yamato also does extra damage to terrain buildings I think, and extra damage when hitting toss shielding. But there's always the old SC Coin flip, you'll never do exactly 300 dmg no matter what. Always +- a few dozen.

Nukes alwayd do the same amount of damage, a lot. Though as you go farther from the nukes strike point their damage goes down by a lot.

Not sure about the rest.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by tassadar920
Actually I think you're wrong here Cort (or Crotch), I believe the Yamato cannon does less damage to low armored units, but since most dont hit 300 hp they die anyways.

Yamato also does extra damage to terrain buildings I think, and extra damage when hitting toss shielding. But there's always the old SC Coin flip, you'll never do exactly 300 dmg no matter what. Always +- a few dozen.

Nukes alwayd do the same amount of damage, a lot. Though as you go farther from the nukes strike point their damage goes down by a lot.

Not sure about the rest.
You bastard... I had to make a test map just to be sure... :(

FakeNameHere

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Correction about nukes: They will always do a percentage damage, unless it is low. The nuke has a minimum but not a maximum to a certian degree.

Crazy Demon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
FakeNameHere has got it right. There is no 'maxium damage'(the center point of the explosion). The only thing that we know of is the minmun damage(the outer rim of the explosion), 500

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
God does everyone swear at me? :p

I swearthat nukes did way more dmg in the center than on the edges.. I remember cause in that Broodwar campaign map where you gotta nuke the space base (hey that rhymes), i missed one time n it "hurt" some of the units far away.

Mayb it was just me imagining things.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Did anyone view my replay?!?!

In it I nuked a group of units with low (marines), medium (vultures), and heavy (tanks and Ultralisks) armor.

IT SHOWS WHAT THE DAMAGE IS TO EACH UNIT!!!!!@#$%!#^@$&*#%&($^&@#$%^@!#%^&@#$^*$%&(#%$%^@#$@%#%^#$%&*$%*&$^

I then used yomato on a marine, vulture, tank, command center, hive, and nexus.

Both of them do do different damage based on armor type. :(

I modified the hit points of the marine, vulture, and tank and ultralisk to 5000 just to get an accurate damage amount.

You people really suck. :(

B

Banli

Cort, not meaning to offend, but the world doesn't revolve around you. Not everyone here has seen your replay, not everyone wants to, and not everyone even cares. I just started posting here 3-4 days ago, and have rarely read the boards since then. If you would like to elaborate on your findings, I'd enjoy that greatly, but please don't assume that everyone has even heard of you or your previous studies.
-Banli

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Banli
but please don't assume that everyone has even heard of you or your previous studies.
-Banli
I'm sorry... sometimes I think being in the spotlight can get to some people and make them attention whores.

In all seriousness, thank you Banli. I won't tell you anything about me, or what I've done here, but thank you. I think I needed that touch of reality.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
You posted a replay?

j/k :p, I don't have SC Installed anymore I got rid of it along with all the other crap that I had on this computer.

But I believe you, so I guess taht solves all of ouor stupid problems.

Hey weren't you the Admin here at one point Cort? You've really changed from what you were like... four months ago. Hey I have too... used to be funny now i'm a crap load of shit. woohoo.

I think I need to stop using pot...

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by tassadar920
Hey weren't you the Admin here at one point Cort? You've really changed from what you were like... four months ago. Hey I have too... used to be funny now i'm a crap load of shit. woohoo.
*cough*

How have I changed?

Why have you changed?

Feet? :fwink

RiX

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
Originally posted by coRtALoS
*cough*

How have I changed?

Why have you changed?

Feet? :fwink
your dick is the size of a amoeba...thanks

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Banli
Cort, not meaning to offend, but the world doesn't revolve around you.
But the forum does kinda

OT Cort did the maps o give u what u was looking for?

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
Dunno how u changed, u just swear more.

I'm just not funny nemore, if u look at like... 30 or so pages back on the posts i have ull find those ones r funny... now im just depresssed and ****d.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by coRtALoS
No, but I found someone that does have it.

I'm going to start playing it again soon... you're more than welcome to join Wing. It's so shweet!:)
OT um sure um what times? (Um im in useast)