No Team FFA? :(

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
I was talking with some buddys, and we couldnt figure out a reason why there is no team FFA option for ladder play, as this has always been one of our favorite gametypes. I mean, as it is if your not in a clan, or dont have an extensive and active friends list, chances are you've never played a team FFA, and imo its the most hectic, fast paced game type there is. Most of the maps they already have can support 2v2v2, and some can support 3v3v3. So, why no team FFA? I understand it wouldn't be that popular, but why not give it a shot and see how it goes? If you feel the same way, email blizz, if they get enough mail maybe they'll try it out...

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yeah it would be really fun especialy for clans

BUT your right about it not being popular blizzard has adressed this before and they did say they would do something like this if the popularity grows in that area but for now they have no plans of adding this feature

but its good that you want people to participate in doing this now would it be RT FFA or AT FFA or both hmmm

also if you guys plan posting in the blizz forums could you ask them to adress backstabbers as well becuase RT is bad enough with noobs and droppers that backstabbers just have no excuse

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Well, I dunno about backstabbin, it would be easy for blizz to eliminate that, just make it so you couldnt attack allies. But, then all the backstabbers would just start doing even more annoying stuff, like walling you in with voodoo lounges that you cant destroy, and crap like that. Nah, i think you just gotta live with the occasional backstab. Ive actually won a couple matches where i got BS'd, and it's really not that common once you get up into lvl 13-14 RT, BS'ers dont have the skill to stick around above lvl 10

As far as the gametype, I know they eliminate unpopular gametypes, like 4v4 on kalimdor and stuff, so they probably wont start up team FFA unless there is a big demand, which is what im hoping to create. It would probably have to be RT, unless you want to wait all night for an AT game, sometimes im waitin 4-5 minutes for a damn norml FFA as it is.

edit: were not gonna post in the blizz forum i dont think, I get enough auto-responses from this place, and our clan forum, if i was postin on the blizz forum it'd take me all day to wade thru the mail

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
oh the auto resposnes just block it

i used to get them to just put a block so that your e-mail account doesnt except e-mails from that address thats the easy way

theres another way were you can just edit it your forum account so that it doesnt notify you of replys but im to lazy to figure it out

and your right as far as the backstabbers go i guess you just gotta stick it out tell the later levels and get past the noobs and stabbers

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
It already has been posted in the bnet forums. Gfrazier says that there are no plans to impliment this ladder type. However, I think it would be awesome.

Don't expect to see it anytime soon.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there a small ffa, and a large ffa or soemthing but the large one was removed, that is why all that u can play is "small ffa"

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, they did have a team FFA to start out in ROC. It was unpopular because the game was so new. Right now I think there would be an overwhelming amount of people who would try it out. ;)

Dags

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if u dont wanna worry about back stabin and other stupid things under the n00b catagory play ffa or solo... personally i sujest ffa, the learning curve is very steap but after a while u get a hand of it.

right now i am ranked on ffa ladder and i used to be a rt player.

ffa is the best when u loose the only person u have to blame is urself and every game is always diff

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I play FFA too, but....I have to admit...I have not had the most success with it. I just don't use the right strats i guess. :D

Solo is more fun for me, also more of an indication of your skills. At least, when the patch comes out. Right now solo is a joke, way too much cheese there.

Dags

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the thing is there is no right strat for ffa, i think it all matters about creeping... just creep all u can and usually u will end up with a lvl 6 and a lvl 5 hero.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE HEROS!

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Out of utter confushion, what the hell is a Team FFA? An FFA is Free For All... Do you all mean Multiple Teams (3-6) in the same game? ???

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Team FFA is any game containing more than 2 teams, ie 2v2v2, 2v2v2v2, 3v3v3v, 3v3v3v3, or 4v4v4. Althouth i'v mainly played 2v2v2, the others are all possible

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dags
the thing is there is no right strat for ffa, i think it all matters about creeping... just creep all u can and usually u will end up with a lvl 6 and a lvl 5 hero.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE HEROS!
Actually, no. People can with with a single level 2-3 hero with the right strategies. FFA's are all about teching and finding what can kill your opponents best.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, I have used it several times. It works because there are so many skeles you just can't dispel all of em.