Next Contest ( Started )

Tuxedo Templar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Heh, yeah I kinda saw that coming too. Next time you guys do a contest, think it out a bit before hand and get together a better system of rules, timings, and judges before announcing things. I kinda felt like this was sorta getting unorganized toward the end.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Hey, at least we have notice. The last one started without warning and ended too early. The only people that got it complete are the ones with a lot of time on their hands.:p FakeNameHere did a good job of organizing the first contest, it all just happened a little too fast. PiNk PeOn's on the other hand was about the same, only more of a notice and more time to build the map. Unorganized? How so?:)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Thevious

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im working on a couple of projects my self (maps) such as a RPG, Defense, and madness.

The map im mostly concentrating on is the defense map, Tower Defense III. I already know that its goin to be a big hit bcuz all my clan and clan allies love it. I just gotta work on it some more.

Tuxedo Templar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well on one hand one of the judges couldnt judge broodwar maps, then we end up pushing the deadline multiple times, no one really seems firm about when they're going to finish their judging (i mean no dates are set), etc. Little things but they kinda add up.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
It was always unorganized from the start matrix.

LoL FakeName can't judge 7 maps, thats a easy task even more so when all you have to do is name a winner. Think of what it was like when I had to judge peoples maps for (U) like every time I joined the channel. Never had a day go buy that I didn't judge at least one map normaly would have about 4 of them and they would always happen when you didn't feel like testing people. THAT truely sucked.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Ok, so we need to make a new one and have time, and plan it before we start the contest... Right? Who's gonna do that? (Meaning... Who should?)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

FakeNameHere

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by Bolt Head
It was always unorganized from the start matrix.

LoL FakeName can't judge 7 maps, thats a easy task even more so when all you have to do is name a winner. Think of what it was like when I had to judge peoples maps for (U) like every time I joined the channel. Never had a day go buy that I didn't judge at least one map normaly would have about 4 of them and they would always happen when you didn't feel like testing people. THAT truely sucked.
Somedays I just dont feel like downloading off of BattleForums. Instead, I prefer to just be in the SC game itself and playing. And I didnt even judge any maps at all, just wrote about it. Plus I dont know what Im downloading, it could be another noob map.

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF3333]A[/COLOR][COLOR=FF5555]n[/COLOR][COLOR=FF7777]d [/COLOR][COLOR=FF9999]t[/COLOR]his was finally unstickied! Sorry, i just had to let it out.

[color=2F2F2F]X[/color][color=3F3F3F]x[/color][color=4F4F4F]_[/color][color=5F5F5F]D[/color][color=6F6F6F]a[/color][color=7F7F7F]r[/color][color=8F8F8F]KG[/color][color=9F9F9F]h[/color]osT_xX

Sinisterbeef

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would like to be a judge but i dont think it would be fair to judge my map so ill leave it to someone else to rate my map.
But if it is ok with Pink Peon, ill volunteer for being a judge.

Tuxedo Templar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You guys need some more incentive for people to participate in a contest. Prizes and stuff. Make sure to announce them before you (re)start. Also make it less arbitrary, maybe not necessarily a specific theme but at least not "enter the best map", because people who would want to make maps for the contest with only the deadline's time to do it would be at a disadvantage against something like Bolt's House of the Haunted (half a year in the making was it?) or my Fire Fighters (3 months elapsed development minus version updates), which were well underway/finished before the contest started. You might also want to make sure judges are able to review ALL maps, not just single player-only or vanilla starcraft only, etc. You might also want to make it so judges can't review their own maps, if they're going to enter them (and I'm not altogether sure that should be allowed as well.)

Tuxedo Templar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh, don't mean to double post, but I made this a while ago for a defunct mapping contest me and Doom Dragoon (blizzforums) were trying to host, so I'll pass it on here and see if it'll be of any use. The numbers are point values that you would rate the map within, and then add up them all up to get the total score.